Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2014, 10:45 AM   #601
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rathji View Post
In case you were wondering, this part makes you seem totally rational, and doesn't indicate the presence of any nutbar at all.
I'll give you a hint, It's the illuminati.
Old 01-23-2014, 10:46 AM   #602
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rathji View Post
In case you were wondering, this part makes you seem totally rational, and doesn't indicate the presence of any nutbar at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuffMan View Post
I'll give you a hint, It's the illuminati.
Stop both of you. Can you please give him a chance to explain.
The Following User Says Thank You to undercoverbrother For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2014, 10:50 AM   #603
John Doe
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shnabdabber View Post
And I DONT want gun control because I have seen first hand what a bullet does to the human body.
I think you are doing this wrong.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to John Doe For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2014, 10:50 AM   #604
Shnabdabber
Account Disabled at User's Request

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
The Swiss comparison is a little silly in my mind, since they issue these guns to reservists who at least gone through extended time in actual infantry training.

You would have a point if in the States you wanted to buy a gun you would have to join the armed forces, the national guard or the navy (I think Undercover would appreciate that).

When we talk about people getting fire arm training right now, there is a vast difference between teaching people how to aim and pull the trigger and clean their gun and how to operate a safety compared to someone that goes through an infantry training school who learns how to do the above, but also learns how to deal with firing a weapon in a chaotic and panic filled situation while keeping their head and learns target identification and other key things.

If you want to teach someone true gun safety and skill for use in self defense. Take a target and put it 15 yards down field and then take your wife and kids and a random person and put then around the target. then turn off the lights and chuck fireworks at the trainee all while having people running around him screaming. then give him two seconds to make a decision and fire.

If he doesn't kill a family member or random stranger, actually hits the target and doesn't pee his pants and passes an iron clad background check. And then agrees to pay $2000.00 a year minimum for fire arms insurance that goes up 10x if he ever either shoots and kills or injuries a person or his gun shows up in the hands of a criminal. Then issue away.

But saying that the Swiss just issue assault rifles to people is kind of misleading.

On another thought, I get that the 2nd ammendmant gives every one the right to bear arms, but nowhere in there is there a suggested retail price. If you want to get rid of the gun issue as a government then apply a $500,000 first time owner registration fee on gun purchase.
I did say they were trained, and women and children are also trained as well. Yes, being that Switzerland has no standing army it would make sense that their militia is trained. And those individuals with actual training and knowledge prove to be responsible.

Jack offs like the old man that pulled out his handgun in the diner and had a discharge show that uneducated people make uneducated mistakes.

What does a 500,000$ insurance policy do to save peoples lives? And once again the idea that criminals will obey the law, take out gun insurance (ludicrous btw) and walk within the limits set out by law is bogus.

Criminals don't care about gun control/laws because they operate outside the law.

The problem I read earlier about people moving firearms without trace to other individuals, I would like to ask what you think would happen if 300+ million firearms were suddenly outlawed. In a desperate economy where nearly 50 million Americans are on food stamps, a gun ban would create a huge black market for what would be then considered illegal firearms.

And I wouldn't expect a country to turn over their guns to the hypocrites who have been exposed for mass gun trafficking themselves.
Old 01-23-2014, 10:52 AM   #605
GoinAllTheWay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Some here may find this interesting and a good example how I thnk in Canada we are doing much more than the US regarding licene requirements in Canada:

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/r...canada-eng.htm

What most may like is the daily checks to make sure any licence holders haven't commited any crimes.

Also provides stats as to the number of denied applications and the reasons why. One item very much on the list...Mental Health.
Old 01-23-2014, 10:53 AM   #606
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Jack offs like the old man that pulled out his handgun in the diner and had a discharge show that uneducated people with guns make uneducated mistakes..
better do nothing then, and carry on.

Quote:
And I wouldn't expect a country to turn over their guns to the hypocrites who have been exposed for mass gun trafficking themselves.
armed and paranoid.
Old 01-23-2014, 10:55 AM   #607
Shnabdabber

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercoverbrother View Post
  • Fox News........enough said
  • Please expand on this, I am interested to know who own's my vehicle.
  • Sorry, I am not specifically targeting semi-automatic rifles. I want it across the board.
  • Lastly, I am sorry to hear that you have seen what a bullet can do to a human body. It is a nasty business and a sight that doesn't leave the mind. Sadly, I can not reconcile you having seen the damage a bullet does, with not wanting gun control.
Dude, if you want to put your head in the sand and refuse to believe that the Missouri state senate are drafting measures that would make any Federal gun restriction "null and void" and prosecute any agent trying to enforcing such a law in the state of Missouri that's up to you. Be ignorant, doesn't matter to me.

I asked you to look into what happens with a registration paper. Again, be ignorant, doesn't matter to me.
Old 01-23-2014, 10:59 AM   #608
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I dont think he can.
Old 01-23-2014, 11:00 AM   #609
Shnabdabber

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoinAllTheWay View Post
Some here may find this interesting and a good example how I thnk in Canada we are doing much more than the US regarding licene requirements in Canada:

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/r...canada-eng.htm

What most may like is the daily checks to make sure any licence holders haven't commited any crimes.

Also provides stats as to the number of denied applications and the reasons why. One item very much on the list...Mental Health.
This is a very good point, in Canada firearms owners have a background check run every day.

Stats Canada shows that licensed firearms owners are more than three times less likely to commit homicide.

And yet I'm the nutbar. Tell me, anti gun heros, when I get background checks performed everyday, have been proven to be a peace loving individual who does not commit crime, and passed training programs to ensure capability in owning firearms...

Why would I trust any of you? Whens the last time you had a background check?
Old 01-23-2014, 11:03 AM   #610
MarchHare
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Tell me, anti gun heros, when I get background checks performed everyday, have been proven to be a peace loving individual who does not commit crime, and passed training programs to ensure capability in owning firearms...
So you're saying you support daily background checks and mandatory training courses for Americans who wish to own firearms? Excellent, we agree on something!
Old 01-23-2014, 11:04 AM   #611
Shnabdabber

Exp:

Quote:
Please go and read your Canadian charter of rights.

Research and understand the fine print of what a registration certificate entails, keeping in mind your charter of rights.
Old 01-23-2014, 11:06 AM   #612
jammies
Basement Chicken Choker

Location: In a land without pants, or war, or want. But mostly we care about the pants.
Exp:

Free Man in the Car!
Old 01-23-2014, 11:06 AM   #613
Shnabdabber

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarchHare View Post
So you're saying you support daily background checks and mandatory training courses for Americans who wish to own firearms? Excellent, we agree on something!
We may agree on that, however Americans wont. They view background checks as infringement on their privacy, another constitutional right that is also currently being mangled by the Obama administration.

I am 100% on board with proper training, but again, in the US that's up to the individual not the state.
Old 01-23-2014, 11:07 AM   #614
jammies
Basement Chicken Choker

Location: In a land without pants, or war, or want. But mostly we care about the pants.
Exp:

Quote:

Research and understand the fine print of what a registration certificate entails, keeping in mind your charter of rights.
Or, you could just explain what you mean. Strange idea, I know.
Old 01-23-2014, 11:08 AM   #615
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuffMan View Post
I dont think he can.

shhh! I won't tell you again
Old 01-23-2014, 11:09 AM   #616
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
This is a very good point, in Canada firearms owners have a background check run every day.

Stats Canada shows that licensed firearms owners are more than three times less likely to commit homicide.

And yet I'm the nutbar. Tell me, anti gun heros, when I get background checks performed everyday, have been proven to be a peace loving individual who does not commit crime, and passed training programs to ensure capability in owning firearms...

Why would I trust any of you? Whens the last time you had a background check?
that's great and all, but I still wouldn't trust you as far as I can throw you in terms of carrying a gun in public and not shooting me by mistake when you decide to be hero just because you know how to clean your gun and shoot on a range and engage the safety.

And just because you did a background check that doesn't show that maybe you recently got divorced or fired or walked in on your wife on all fours with your neighbor bob grinding away while drinking your favorite bottle of scotch without wiping the rim to prevent splashback that you're not going to have a psychotic episode and see your gun sitting there and deciding that you are the avenging angel of god or dog or whatever you believe in.

I'm not anti-gun trust me on that, but I'm anti having a gun is a right. I'm anti its alright for me to enforce the law because I have a license. I'm actually anti exotic guns with magazines and rapid fire capability with fancy laser sites and a ability to conceal it easily, because frankly hobbists and hunters don't need that kind of firepower.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2014, 11:09 AM   #617
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammies View Post
Or, you could just explain what you mean. Strange idea, I know.
What he said.
Old 01-23-2014, 11:15 AM   #618
Shnabdabber

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
that's great and all, but I still wouldn't trust you as far as I can throw you in terms of carrying a gun in public and not shooting me by mistake when you decide to be hero just because you know how to clean your gun and shoot on a range and engage the safety.

And just because you did a background check that doesn't show that maybe you recently got divorced or fired or walked in on your wife on all fours with your neighbor bob grinding away while drinking your favorite bottle of scotch without wiping the rim to prevent splashback that you're not going to have a psychotic episode and see your gun sitting there and deciding that you are the avenging angel of god or dog or whatever you believe in.

I'm not anti-gun trust me on that, but I'm anti having a gun is a right. I'm anti its alright for me to enforce the law because I have a license. I'm actually anti exotic guns with magazines and rapid fire capability with fancy laser sites and a ability to conceal it easily, because frankly hobbists and hunters don't need that kind of firepower.
The 2A doesn't protect hobbyists and hunters, thats kinda... you know the whole point of this debate?
Old 01-23-2014, 11:15 AM   #619
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
If everyone who bought a gun used it on themselves like with drugs, the problem would be solved fast. Obviously these are 2 completely different issues as you can see. No one is addicted to guns.
Old 01-23-2014, 11:17 AM   #620
Shnabdabber

Exp:

Quote:
What he said.
You would rather someone coddle you and read to you the Canadian charter of rights and freedoms (in particular section 26) rather than educate yourself?

Color me surprised.
Closed Thread