Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-10-2012, 02:04 PM   #581
Muffins
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

So word on the street is that for crafting, biochem is a must have for end game.

People are leveling it to max, crafting the epic re-usable stims/adrenals/medpacs (which are bind on pickup, hence the need for it) then dropping it for another skill.

With the other crafting skills currently not making gear any better then what can be had easily through pvp or commendations, they don't seem to be of much use other then for leveling 1-49.

I would hope Bioware figures something out for this sooner rather then later.
Old 01-10-2012, 02:07 PM   #582
Khel
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post

If I was to go back and do this character again, I would probably be a maurader.

I can't wait to see how the Sith Warrior Story line ends.
I went Marauder, dual light sabers is just to appealing, and self healing from dot ticks as annihilation.

The story line has be really engaged, I almost don't care about the side quests. I wanna see how this ends! Looking forward to leveling more classes just for the stories!
Khel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 02:14 PM   #583
Komskies
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffins View Post
So word on the street is that for crafting, biochem is a must have for end game.

People are leveling it to max, crafting the epic re-usable stims/adrenals/medpacs (which are bind on pickup, hence the need for it) then dropping it for another skill.

With the other crafting skills currently not making gear any better then what can be had easily through pvp or commendations, they don't seem to be of much use other then for leveling 1-49.

I would hope Bioware figures something out for this sooner rather then later.
From what I understand you can no longer use the re-usable items once you have dropped Biochem. And if it's not in now, they will be patching it in.
Komskies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 02:24 PM   #584
Muffins
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komskies View Post
From what I understand you can no longer use the re-usable items once you have dropped Biochem. And if it's not in now, they will be patching it in.
Nothing about it in the upcoming patch notes (1.1). As of right now you can drop biochem and still use these as many people in my buddy's guild have already done.

That part is a simple fix, but with the other crafting skills being useless once you hit lvl 50 (maybe cybertech with grenades), biochem is the only real option as of now.

I really hope they make the others worthwhile. I took up biochem way before I knew about any of this. I was hoping to be able to craft a bunch of stims, etc. and sell or give to guildies. As of now the market for anything I craft is pretty low.
Old 01-10-2012, 02:36 PM   #585
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
I use the healer, I guess I could use the damage dealer, but the Sith Warrior doesn't have that much in the way of self healing during combat.
what spec is your warrior? i have my guardian full Defense (tank tree) and have never had need for a healer. my armor and health are so high, and my shield procs 25% of the time to absorb 40% damage. it takes a lot to bring me down
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 02:57 PM   #586
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I made the mistake of focusing on a lot of the damage dealing on the tank tree, I guess I could go and reset and build up my defense.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 03:16 PM   #587
Regorium
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
That was my question, where can you use fleet commendations, I'm assuming either at the Imperial fleet or republic fleet?
The fleet commendation vendor is actually one of the "starship upgrade" vendors. On the republic fleet, it's located in the Galactic Trade market section (next to the speeder vendor). I haven't played imperial, so not sure where it would be on that fleet.
Regorium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 03:49 PM   #588
Igotnothing
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

^ Thank you!

That was the information my brain had but was refusign to divulge. It's the same with the Imperial side of things, and I think roughly the same location. By the speeder vendor, and called Starship upgrades vendor. i think there might be 2, side by side. One for commendations and one for credits.

Now I want to go home and play more.
Igotnothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 03:56 PM   #589
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
I made the mistake of focusing on a lot of the damage dealing on the tank tree, I guess I could go and reset and build up my defense.
don't forget to use a shield generator in your off-hand instead of a focus. the stats will be slightly lower, but if you're in sorensu form (or whatever the sith equivalent is) it will have a 20% chance to proc (24% if you put the 2 points for it in the defense tree)
Old 01-10-2012, 04:53 PM   #590
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
That was my question, where can you use fleet commendations, I'm assuming either at the Imperial fleet or republic fleet?
In the Imperial Fleet, you head off to the place you can buy speeders from. On the other side of that small room is a droid kind of leaning against the wall. He's the Fleet Commendation vendor for the Imps.

As to your problems with the Juggernaut...I have a guildie who's playing one as well. He's a number cruncher, and it's not very impressive what he's been coming up with. Going full tank he's running into problems. He figures that the game isn't calculating his defense properly, so instead of the 45% mitigation his sheet is showing, he figures he's actually getting closer to 6%. He's complaining that if he takes a DPS companion, he gets his butt whomped as he's got no heals. But if he takes his heal companion, he does such poor dps that he can be overwhelmed if there is 2-3 "strongs" in the pack he pulls.

He's also not very impressed with Juggernaut (or Marauder, for that matter) dps at the moment. But it's hard to come up with exact numbers.
WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 08:20 PM   #591
Igotnothing
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Found it, the guy is in the Galactic Trade quarter. In the top portion of that quarter. I realize you've probably already found it but figured I'd add the info anyway.
Igotnothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 11:10 PM   #592
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Went and bought the power converter, can't wait to try it out. I also switch up my skill tree and spent all of my points on Immortal. Went to Alderaan to try it out and I'm pretty much destroying everything.

Thanks for the advice

Old 01-11-2012, 07:40 AM   #593
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Went and bought the power converter, can't wait to try it out. I also switch up my skill tree and spent all of my points on Immortal. Went to Alderaan to try it out and I'm pretty much destroying everything.

Thanks for the advice
and now you'll be more in demand for heroic quest groups as a tank, you can now learn the art of keeping agro

what's nice about TOR compared to other MMO's is that a pure tank build is actually viable and quite fun to PVE solo with, thanks to the companions. i remember when i played WoW having to spec my warrior to defense for any group instances i did, then having to spec him back to damage so that i could actually quest by myself
Old 01-11-2012, 08:38 AM   #594
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Its funny, I still have moves that deal out absolutely devestating damage. The Force Scream will knock about 600 points off and then a followup with a pomell strike while they're stunned will knock off another 5 or 600.

The force choke if you have full rage is really effective especially if your companion is shooting him while he's strangling.

I was playing last night, and it was the first time I felt like a Sith as lame as it sounds. Before I just felt like a evil guy swinging a lightsabre, but last night I felt almost invulnerable against ordinary humans' especially when you channel rage, sabre ward, invinsible and the one that gives you instant rage points to lose.

It doesn't hurt that I got a nifty face mask with nearly 400 armor points.

Now I need to hit dark side 3 so I can swing the real damage dealing light sabre.

I'm gonna finish my level up to 31 which should put me at nearly 6000 hit points and head back to Tatooine to finish off those Jedi

Old 01-11-2012, 11:29 AM   #595
Thor
God of Hating Twitter

Exp:

Sith Scum
Old 01-11-2012, 11:31 AM   #596
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

You have been deceived, deceived by a corrupt elite group of Jedi Force Users who are in fact trying to rule you and manipulate you and chain you in mediocrity.

Peace is a lie

Embracing the dark side of the force is the only way that you'll ever be free.

Join an empire that brings order to the galaxy and rules to bring justice and security to the galaxy.

The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2012, 12:36 PM   #597
Komskies
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor View Post
Sith Scum
Come join the Dark Side. We have Wookie Cookies. They're Chewie.
Komskies is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Komskies For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2012, 12:55 PM   #598
Muffins
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Old 01-11-2012, 01:06 PM   #599
Lithium
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Do the class story lines continue all the way to level 50 or do they stop mid-game?

I picked this up on Friday and I'm level 18 as of last night... Sith Assassin, because I wanted a double-sided lightsaber out of the gate (and it's awesome).
Lithium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 01:15 PM   #600
CaramonLS
Retired

Exp:

Sith Assassins rock in PvP - they've got really high DPS and can nail you from up close. I've had trouble fighting them on my Sorc, just get killed way too fast.

4K instant damage isn't a lot of fun to get hit with in addition to melee attacks!
CaramonLS is offline   Reply With Quote