Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2010, 07:15 PM   #41
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

For anyone looking for entry-level all-in-one watercooling, one of the main companies that do this (aside from Corsair) is actually a Calgary company.

http://www.coolitsystems.com/
Hack&Lube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 11:39 PM   #42
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

One more thing Vulcan, consult this chart and set your TJmax appropriately in Realtemp

+ Intel corrections

Last edited by Hack&Lube; 09-21-2010 at 01:52 PM.
Hack&Lube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hack&Lube For This Useful Post:
Old 09-21-2010, 01:45 AM   #43
Vulcan
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm pretty sure my TJ Max is 100c, changing it to 90c just brought down my temp. readings 10c, so it really doesn't seem to help me getting accurate readings.

I found this in the Real Temp- Documentation which seems to describe my situation.

Quote:
The recent transition by Intel to 45nm has resulted in some of the DTS sensors showing signs of sticking at low temperatures and not functioning the way users would like them to. If your DTS sensors are sticking then no software in the world is going to be able to tell you accurate core temperatures based on inaccurate data. Different reported temperatures at idle is one possible sign of trouble. "Test Sensors" performs a quick test where it loads up each of your cores and measures the change in the individual DTS data for each core and reports the results. Temperatures that don't change during this quick test are a sign of a sensor that is getting stuck. One sensor that always changes significantly more than the other sensor is also a sign that the one that moves the smallest amount might be stuck.
This test was able to report that Core0 in my E8400 was getting stuck at a DTS value of 67. It won't go any lower even if I moved to the North Pole. This is outside my normal temperature range so it isn't a problem for me but other users have reported their sensors getting stuck at much higher values. Don't rely on this program or any program to report accurate temperatures on cores that have sensors that are sticking. If this sticking continues to occur at higher values then your load temperatures based on what the DTS is reporting won't be accurate either.
Vulcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 08:07 AM   #44
Hanni
First Line Centre

Exp:

Maybe this thread should be renamed the PC Cooling Thread.

I didn't know CoolIt was a Calgary based company, if I ever decide to go that route I'll check them out. Liquid cooling scares me a little as it's the one area of pc assembly I've never done, even though I know it's no more complicated than anything else.

My other issues, my pc being only a year old do I want to spend money upgrading to liquid cooling when I don't have any issues with overheating? And finding a waterblock for GTX260's seems to be difficult.
Hanni is offline   Reply With Quote