Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-2024, 12:01 PM   #41
The Yen Man
Franchise Player

Exp:

To be honest, I had a pretty fun time growing up. I'm blessed with a good family and a pretty worry free upbringing.

I definitely miss that feeling of joy on just random little things, like waking up at 8am to watch Saturday morning cartoons while eating cereal. Loved the feeling of summer holidays, when it felt like 2 months lasted forever. I'd spend 2 weeks down in Medicine Hat with my cousins, we'd bike to the convenience store every day for our slurpees, and then go back to his house to play a lot of SNES. Love love those times. Stuff like that.

But sometimes, I wonder if I only fondly remember the good stuff, and forget there were times when it was not great either. Lots of school peer pressure stuff that were probably not the most fun.

If I had to choose, I think going back to my 18-28 year self is the best time. I still think that's the most fun period of my life I wouldn't mind reliving again.
The Yen Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2024, 12:02 PM   #42
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'd go back for sure. Not having back pain sounds like fun
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2024, 12:30 PM   #43
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yen Man View Post
If I had to choose, I think going back to my 18-28 year self is the best time. I still think that's the most fun period of my life I wouldn't mind reliving again.
If I went back to 18-28, my old self would make that time a lot less fun.
KTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2024, 12:50 PM   #44
Sr. Mints
First Line Centre

Exp:

Complete do-over, no question. I'll take all the bad and awkward parts of childhood.
Sr. Mints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2024, 01:02 PM   #45
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTrain View Post
I'm with most people though that I wouldn't go back and change anything. Especially if you have kids. You have next to zero chance of having the same child if you change even a second of your past so you're basically wiping any child you have out of existence.
Granted I don't have children. But the way some co-workers and the odd friend talk about a certain child, that may be a preferable outcome for some
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2024, 02:55 PM   #46
Lubicon
Franchise Player

Exp:

I wouldn't do my entire childhood again but starting in high school maybe. But only if I could have a do-over and change a few things along the way but then I would not meet the same people I know now and probably would not have my family so that's not good. Would love a do-over of my professional life/career, I'm happy with my personal life (family etc).
Lubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2024, 03:08 PM   #47
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

The more interesting scenario would be retaining your knowledge/experiences and hitting the reset button for a certain time in your life.

I've actually dedicated more thought to that idea than anyone should, and I still don't really have an answer. It would be great to go back to early high-school or late junior high with the general outlook on life I have now. Not worrying about the silly, inconsequential #### and just live presently. But that also means I would have to re-do University and a lot of other work I put into myself over the years.

As for the original scenario in the OP: status-quo.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Yamer For This Useful Post: