Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-10-2023, 10:16 AM   #5701
GordonBlue
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRCboicgy View Post
Ha, you should see some of the stuff the mod team gets like this.

Please use the report function - we'd love to see it
It was the maybe the most mellow negative PM I'd received. I more thought it was funny that someone rebranded and was perhaps sending messages to people who hate the UCP and Smith.

Last edited by photon; 01-10-2023 at 11:59 AM. Reason: removed old smily link
GordonBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GordonBlue For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2023, 10:21 AM   #5702
RedHot25
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torture View Post
Exactly, she avoided using CRA because she didn't want to be seen cozying up to the Federal Government even though they already have the system set up. Everything will be worse and slower in Alberta but that's SOVEREINGTY BABY! We're building the plane as we try to fly/crash land it.
The wrinkle on all this, is that I believe they are still "using" the CRA - i.e. its how your income is verified I believe.
RedHot25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2023, 10:35 AM   #5703
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonBlue View Post
It was the maybe the most mellow negative PM I'd received. I more thought it was funny that someone rebranded and was perhaps sending messages to people who hate the UCP and Smith.
I think it's highly likely one of The Boyz (a few of us used to refer to this group of OG right-wing sycophants) is behind this, although I wouldn't be able to guess which one.
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2023, 10:37 AM   #5704
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtime View Post
Our Minister of Foresty, Parks and Tourism suggested more parking lots for Moraine lake on the Eyeopener this morning.

Something something Big Yellow Taxi.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1612815780030341123
Sliver approved.

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to undercoverbrother For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2023, 10:39 AM   #5705
Flames0910
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHot25 View Post
The wrinkle on all this, is that I believe they are still "using" the CRA - i.e. its how your income is verified I believe.
Using the CRA's existing infrastructure and rebranding it as a Made In Alberta solution that takes twice as long and doesn't work as well is kinda fitting really.
Flames0910 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2023, 10:40 AM   #5706
iggy_oi
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I feel so left out

Last edited by photon; 01-10-2023 at 11:59 AM. Reason: removed old smily link
iggy_oi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2023, 10:42 AM   #5707
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggy_oi View Post
I feel so left out
I got you Bo, check PM

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Last edited by photon; 01-10-2023 at 12:00 PM. Reason: removed old smily link
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to undercoverbrother For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2023, 10:46 AM   #5708
MRCboicgy
Referee

Exp:

Quote:

Is it really a negative PM if it didn't reference 'paste-eating' though?
Old 01-10-2023, 10:53 AM   #5709
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercoverbrother View Post
Sliver approved.
Yeah, it is. I was just going to chime in.

I hate the idea of cutting off access to these beautiful places. It's horse-####.

And then - obviously - my other gripe is we need to open more of these natural spots up. We are all in on one skinny little valley when there are about 10,000 other valleys we should be looking at. Let's open one of those. I'm not going to write my whole diatribe again, but I am embarrassed as a citizen of 2023 that my fellow 2023ers are too fataing stupid to plan for our future generations with the same generosity prior generations planned for us. I hope people 100 years from now hate our guts because they should. We're too busy saving snails and not doing enough to provide human beings with accessible places to recreate.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2023, 10:55 AM   #5710
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Yeah, it is. I was just going to chime in.

I hate the idea of cutting off access to these beautiful places. It's horse-####.

And then - obviously - my other gripe is we need to open more of these natural spots up. We are all in on one skinny little valley when there are about 10,000 other valleys we should be looking at. Let's open one of those. I'm not going to write my whole diatribe again, but I am embarrassed as a citizen of 2023 that my fellow 2023ers are too fataing stupid to plan for our future generations with the same generosity prior generations planned for us. I hope people 100 years from now hate our guts because they should. We're too busy saving snails and not doing enough to provide human beings with accessible places to recreate.
Actually, this is something I could totally get behind a Conservative government doing. Maybe I'll write Smith a letter. They're the only ones that are brazen enough to ignore the tree huggers and Nimbys to clear cut a new town around a random beautiful lake somewhere. I would literally vote for her while the rest of the province burns under her leadership if she'd do that one thing because I think it's so important for our grandkids to have a nice place to go versus just Banff that is way too crowded already.
Old 01-10-2023, 11:16 AM   #5711
Torture
Loves Teh Chat!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Actually, this is something I could totally get behind a Conservative government doing. Maybe I'll write Smith a letter. They're the only ones that are brazen enough to ignore the tree huggers and Nimbys to clear cut a new town around a random beautiful lake somewhere. I would literally vote for her while the rest of the province burns under her leadership if she'd do that one thing because I think it's so important for our grandkids to have a nice place to go versus just Banff that is way too crowded already.
To your point, there are so many places you can visit that aren't Banff or Moraine Lake that are stunningly beautiful.
Banff is a lot bigger than Lake Louise and Moraine Lake. We don't need a new town to go recreate in beautiful, uncrowded places. Frankly, if you do what you propose and bulldoze/build a town, all of a sudden you'll just have another place that's way too crowded.

Last edited by Torture; 01-10-2023 at 11:31 AM.
Torture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2023, 11:17 AM   #5712
Sidney Crosby's Hat
Franchise Player

Exp:

You look at these amazing mountain towns in Europe like Davos, Lugano, Innsbruck, etc. and it's too bad that was never really recreated in Canada. You just have Banff and Jasper which is basically Tourist-trap and Tourist-trap Jr.
Sidney Crosby's Hat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sidney Crosby's Hat For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2023, 11:27 AM   #5713
Flames0910
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Nobody is cutting off access though. You just can't arrive in your own personal vehicle - instead, you can take a shuttle. Other than a few edge cases like climbers doing alpine starts or scramblers coming off Mount Temple late, the process is actually pretty seamless.
Flames0910 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2023, 11:30 AM   #5714
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
To your point, there are so many places you can visit that aren't Banff or Moraine Lake that are stunningly beautiful.
Banff is a lot bigger than Lake Louise and Moraine Lake. We don't need a new town to go recreate in beautiful, uncrowded places.
But there's no development outside of Canmore, Banff and barely Lake Louise. Lake Louise you can't even really go visit outside of certain months anymore because it's too fataing busy and they literally block you from driving up there.

I know there are beautiful spots here, there and everywhere. So let's put up some hotels, gondolas, shops, campgrounds, etc. I mean, it's great that people 20 - 40 can hike into these spots or slowly creep to them, bearspray in hand looking over their shoulder every two seconds for a wild animal to fata them up, but that's so ableist. I think these spots should be open to everyone and that requires some infrastructure and vision. Here we are limiting access. I want more access.
Old 01-10-2023, 11:30 AM   #5715
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames0910 View Post
Nobody is cutting off access though. You just can't arrive in your own personal vehicle - instead, you can take a shuttle. Other than a few edge cases like climbers doing alpine starts or scramblers coming off Mount Temple late, the process is actually pretty seamless.
Shuttles are lame AF. I'm not getting in one of those.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sliver For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2023, 11:34 AM   #5716
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Bigger parking lots in K country is a must, especially since they no longer allow you to park along the road.
TheIronMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2023, 11:40 AM   #5717
Torture
Loves Teh Chat!

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1612859874563739648
Torture is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Torture For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2023, 11:47 AM   #5718
iggy_oi
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yoho can you explain why with the sovereignty act in place an Alberta minister still needs to ask the federal government to reconsider their decisions that affect parks located in Alberta?
iggy_oi is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to iggy_oi For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2023, 11:55 AM   #5719
Bigtime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Even better:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1612882238127116289

It's... it's beautiful.

Last edited by photon; 01-10-2023 at 12:01 PM. Reason: removed old smiley link
Bigtime is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bigtime For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2023, 11:59 AM   #5720
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

I feel like you guys have never been to the parking lot at Lake Louise Ski Resort or Sunshine Village. Yeah, parking lots are kinda ugly, but it is what it is. It's also exacerbated by concentrating a gazillion people into, like, four attractions in the mountains and don't add any access or infrastructure to the 782 other beautiful attractions except for very fit hikers.