Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2022, 05:59 PM   #5601
Macman
Self Imposed Retirement

Exp:

And my comment wasn’t specifically to you either but more general as I think a lot of us in here have seen that as I mentioned. I know myself I’ve stopped playing with people for a lot less than club throwing. To me golf is a sport and you have to follow the rules including etiquette to an extent even though you can still drink alcohol for example.
Macman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2022, 08:50 PM   #5602
DoubleK
Franchise Player

Exp:

Inglewood is in fantastic shape right now.

Tee to green it's as good as any course I've played in the last couple years.

If you have the chance to play it, I'd jump all over it.
Old 08-21-2022, 06:30 AM   #5603
malcolmk14
Franchise Player

Exp:

For a few years now I've been asking my partner for a membership for my 40th birthday... it's coming up in 2026. Inglewood is one of the courses I'm considering - it's consistently great.
malcolmk14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2022, 11:15 AM   #5604
Fire
Franchise Player

Exp:

Played Wingfield (formerly Silverwing) twilight last night. Maybe 6th other groups playing on the 27 holes all together. We didn't have to wait at all which was fantastic, though you have to think this place is hemorrhaging money.

The course didn't have any ball washers or rakes for some reason. The greens are very good for the most part. The fairways are rougher but not terrible imo. If you want a quick peaceful round come to this course for twilight times. Price around $45-$50.

Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2022, 05:31 PM   #5605
Mayo
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleK View Post
Inglewood is in fantastic shape right now.

Tee to green it's as good as any course I've played in the last couple years.

If you have the chance to play it, I'd jump all over it.
Inglewood has been in better and better shape each year

Not sure if you noticed - but they have a 19th hole they are completing construction on right night which will be used as a filler so they can take holes offline for maintenance/modification - should in the long run result in an even better course
Mayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2022, 05:45 PM   #5606
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

I feel like inglewood is likely the most affordable mature course.

To me the only negative about it is the noise that surrounds it courtesy of Deerfoot, Blackfoot and the railyard.

I golfed there years ago with a guy named Duke. He gave me an oral history of the course going back a preen long time. Real character of a guy - sort of like you would expect from a guy named Duke.
Old 08-21-2022, 07:14 PM   #5607
DoubleK
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayo View Post

Not sure if you noticed - but they have a 19th hole they are completing construction on right night which will be used as a filler so they can take holes offline for maintenance/modification - should in the long run result in an even better course
The new hole looked pretty much good to go now, the front was pretty slow, so I walked over and had a good look at it.

They rebuilt 10 a couple years ago and the new green is much better than the old one. It was pretty swampy by the pond.
Old 08-22-2022, 01:11 PM   #5608
malcolmk14
Franchise Player

Exp:

Golf is dumb. 39 on the front this morning into a 51 on the back, with two 8’s on par 4’s.

11th hole my second shot is just right and ends up in the bunker, sand is wet and heavy so i shoot it into the lip, no chance to get it out of the bunker on the second shot and finally out in 3 but it rolls off the green. Ugh.

Then the 16th hole, my second shot is just short & greenside, I chunk the chip then blast my next chip way over the green.

If those two approaches were just a tiny bit better I could’ve been low 80’s easily but my short game did not allow me to recover from those small mistakes today.
malcolmk14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2022, 01:30 PM   #5609
DoubleK
Franchise Player

Exp:

12 shot delta front to back is impressive.

I did 35-43 at Winston yesterday. Started raining on the back, so that's my excuse.

You should get an achievement award from Golf Canada for breaking 80 with a >10 stroke difference front to back.
Old 08-22-2022, 03:51 PM   #5610
dirk diggler
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire View Post
Played Wingfield (formerly Silverwing) twilight last night. Maybe 6th other groups playing on the 27 holes all together. We didn't have to wait at all which was fantastic, though you have to think this place is hemorrhaging money.

The course didn't have any ball washers or rakes for some reason. The greens are very good for the most part. The fairways are rougher but not terrible imo. If you want a quick peaceful round come to this course for twilight times. Price around $45-$50.
how is the layout there? i am picturing hillbilly golf with straight away holes parrelling each other with no variety, but i could certainly be wrong? if the layout is ok, wouldnt mind playing it.
dirk diggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2022, 05:04 PM   #5611
DoubleK
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk diggler View Post
how is the layout there? i am picturing hillbilly golf with straight away holes parrelling each other with no variety, but i could certainly be wrong? if the layout is ok, wouldnt mind playing it.
If you've played Elbow Springs it will feel very similar.

It's pretty flat, so don't expect a lot of elevation changes.
Old 08-22-2022, 05:05 PM   #5612
Fire
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk diggler View Post
Don't expect much variety, but it's not just straight away holes. It is very flat with very little trees. There is some water and a lot of high grass areas where you can lose balls pretty easily. I would only recommend the course to people that want to spend very little for a round and most likely have a very peaceful and quick round.

Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2022, 07:53 PM   #5613
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

'It felt awesome': Young golfer makes two holes-in-one during club championship in Canmore

Quote:
Adele Sanford was shocked after making her first hole-in-one during a tournament on Sunday, but was quickly left speechless when she hit her second just a few holes later.

“I lined up and then I re-checked my lines because I really wanted to get a second hole-in-one. I hit it, and straight away I thought, ‘Wow, that is dead straight. That has a chance of going in.’ It was a flat green. It hit the start of the green and rolled in,” Adele said on Monday.

“We all just stood there in disbelief.”

The 14-year-old was competing in the club championship at the Canmore Golf and Curling Club on Sunday — her third tournament since starting to play golf competitively in the summer of 2021.
Quote:
Darren Cook, the general manager of the Canmore Golf and Curling Club, said the golf course was abuzz with news about the two holes-in-one.

“You can look it up online and the numbers say it’s very rare, especially with the tournament pressure,” said Cook. “It’s exciting for everybody, especially for her being a new golfer.”

He said everyone at the golf course is proud of her after watching her practicing this summer and help with the junior programs at the facility.

He explained the course was the same course on which the men’s and women’s championship winners were determined — it wasn’t made easier for the youth competing in the tournament.
https://calgaryherald.com/news/local...3-holes-in-one
Old 08-22-2022, 10:34 PM   #5614
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:

I did 35-43 at Winston yesterday. Started raining on the back, so that's my excuse.

You should get an achievement award from Golf Canada for breaking 80 with a >10 stroke difference front to back.
Man, I hope I can be good enough one day to have an excuse for my back nine in a sub 80 round, lol.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jayswin For This Useful Post:
Old 08-22-2022, 10:41 PM   #5615
DoubleK
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
Man, I hope I can be good enough one day to have an excuse for my back nine in a sub 80 round, lol.
Honestly, do you really want to be good enough to be able to break 70 or 90 on any given day? Be careful for what you wish for.

I'm not good ask @Dion if you need proof.
Old 08-22-2022, 11:13 PM   #5616
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
Honestly, do you really want to be good enough to be able to break 70 or 90 on any given day? Be careful for what you wish for.

I'm not good ask @Dion if you need proof.
Yes.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2022, 07:07 AM   #5617
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

How’s sirroco? Playing Friday morning and haven’t played there in 5 years probably.

Played the Quarry in Edmonton last weekend. Fantastic course… but it smelled like sewage. Not sure I could go back in those conditions.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2022, 08:21 AM   #5618
Derek Sutton
First Line Centre

Exp:

Played Sirroco a couple of weeks ago, was in good shape but the bunkers were trash, like hitting off of the cart path. My Uncle plays there and he brags about having the "best watered bunkers in the whole city". I personally struggled with the greens, they were a little faster then I'm use to and more slope then I could read.
Old 08-23-2022, 11:42 AM   #5619
kcin
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:

I always choke on the last four holes at The Winston so my scores often look similar to this. Probably just as much of a mental block than true difficulty now that it's in my head.
kcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2022, 11:55 AM   #5620
DoubleK
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weitz View Post
How’s sirroco? Playing Friday morning and haven’t played there in 5 years probably.
I played it about a month ago. It was a touch on the wet side in the usual areas. Greens were good.

They cut a lot of the brush back, it's much easier now.

Tags
net5 , punch out , royal boulder , tpc fox hollow