Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-29-2024, 04:23 PM   #5421
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
This isn't correct either.
Yes because you're a beacon of honesty.
Let me guess.
UN snipers did it.

Bagor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2024, 04:28 PM   #5422
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Deliberately starving.

Quote:
Israel is deliberately starving Palestinians, UN rights expert says
Exclusive: UN special rapporteur on the right to food Michael Fakhri says denial of food is war crime and constitutes ‘a situation of genocide’

Israel is intentionally starving Palestinians and should be held accountable for war crimes – and genocide, according to the UN’s leading expert on the right to food.

Hunger and severe malnutrition are widespread in the Gaza Strip, where about 2.2 million Palestinians are facing severe shortages resulting from Israel destroying food supplies and severely restricting the flow of food, medicines and other humanitarian supplies. Aid trucks and Palestinians waiting for humanitarian relief have come under Israeli fire.

“There is no reason to intentionally block the passage of humanitarian aid or intentionally obliterate small-scale fishing vessels, greenhouses and orchards in Gaza – other than to deny people access to food,” Michael Fakhri, the UN special rapporteur on the right to food, told the Guardian.

“Intentionally depriving people of food is clearly a war crime. Israel has announced its intention to destroy the Palestinian people, in whole or in part, simply for being Palestinian. In my view as a UN human rights expert, this is now a situation of genocide. This means the state of Israel in its entirety is culpable and should be held accountable – not just individuals or this government or that person.”
https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...crime-genocide

Old 02-29-2024, 04:38 PM   #5423
Flames Fan, Ph.D.
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Where is the hot dog guy to help us figure out who did this?!
Flames Fan, Ph.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flames Fan, Ph.D. For This Useful Post:
Old 02-29-2024, 04:39 PM   #5424
Flames Fan, Ph.D.
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Pretty pathetic to read people ‘well actually’ a massacre of starving people trapped in a place with nowhere to go.
Old 02-29-2024, 04:43 PM   #5425
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames Fan, Ph.D. View Post
Pretty pathetic to read people ‘well actually’ a massacre of starving people trapped in a place with nowhere to go.
Why do people feel the need to exploit the situation by making up events that did not occur?
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2024, 05:49 PM   #5426
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Why do people feel the need to exploit the situation by making up events that did not occur?
Yeah, like saying that Iran ordered the Hamas terrorist attack and all the nasty stuff the UNRWA was guilty of despite US intelligence saying neither were supported by evidence.

Who would make up such events to exploit such situations?
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2024, 06:41 PM   #5427
Beninho
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
I'll wait for Nage Waza or Beninho to come in and straighten this out, thank you very much. Those two are at least objective and have well thought out positions.
Lol im glad I occupy a place in your head
Beninho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2024, 07:06 PM   #5428
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
Yeah, like saying that Iran ordered the Hamas terrorist attack and all the nasty stuff the UNRWA was guilty of despite US intelligence saying neither were supported by evidence.

Don't forget the command centres under the hospitals.

And WHO shutting down Al Shifa hospital.

I mean you have to be extra effed in the head to outright lie in order to try and justify the slaughter of the sick civilians children, infants and newborns.

Old 03-01-2024, 03:35 PM   #5429
Flames Fan, Ph.D.
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
I don’t even understand what exploit means in this context? Are we artificiality drumming up undeserved sympathy for humans killed while they tried to secure some food?

Or does our condemnation of the killing of dozens of humans make the humans on the other side look worse than you think they deserve?

What is being exploited here by condemning this tragedy?
Old 03-01-2024, 04:13 PM   #5430
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
I don’t even understand what exploit means in this context? Are we artificiality drumming up undeserved sympathy for humans killed while they tried to secure some food?

Or does our condemnation of the killing of dozens of humans make the humans on the other side look worse than you think they deserve?

What is being exploited here by condemning this tragedy?
It's an ongoing strategy of Hamas that the facts of every tragedy should be obscured in order to use these strategies to prove political points and for political gain. These strategies get reflected in many of those in the anti-Israeli crowd.

For example, in this case, it's pretty clear that Israel did not shoot the vast majority of the people who were killed here. There's video and Palestinian eye witnesses stating that they were crushed by the trucks. Why is pointing out actual facts "pathetic".
Old 03-01-2024, 04:21 PM   #5431
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post

You are the same guy who continually makes the point that Nethanyahu is responsible for Hamas, because he freed up some funds that were designated to Gaza by Hamas and he gave Palestinians work permits.

Iran supplying Hamas with billions and unlimited weapons and training, doesn't make them responsible for Hamas?

I've admitted that Iran giving the go head or ordering Oct 7 was a theory. It remains a reasonable one. There was a Saudi/Israel deal on the table that would have likely eventually led to a settlement of the Palestinian/Israel issue. The only one who had anything to gain from stopping that was Iran.

I'm not the only one who thinks this:
https://www.wsj.com/world/middle-eas...tacks-e2a8dbb9

https://thehill.com/opinion/internat...rist%20proxies.

Your statement that the US has closed the book on Iranian involvement is incorrect.
Old 03-01-2024, 04:27 PM   #5432
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
You are the same guy who continually makes the point that Nethanyahu is responsible for Hamas, because he freed up some funds that were designated to Gaza by Hamas and he gave Palestinians work permits.

Iran supplying Hamas with billions and unlimited weapons and training, doesn't make them responsible for Hamas?

I've admitted that Iran giving the go head or ordering Oct 7 was a theory. It remains a reasonable one. There was a Saudi/Israel deal on the table that would have likely eventually led to a settlement of the Palestinian/Israel issue. The only one who had anything to gain from stopping that was Iran.

I'm not the only one who thinks this:
https://www.wsj.com/world/middle-eas...tacks-e2a8dbb9

https://thehill.com/opinion/internat...rist%20proxies.

Your statement that the US has closed the book on Iranian involvement is incorrect.
I’m just wondering if it’s exploiting a situation when you make stuff up or if that only applies toward the “anti-Israel crowd.”

I mean, I never said the US “closed the book on Iranian involvement,” I specifically said your specific theory wasn’t founded on anything and was contradicted by US intelligence. But please, keep making stuff up.
Old 03-01-2024, 04:31 PM   #5433
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:
Icon27

Quote:
I've admitted that Iran giving the go head or ordering Oct 7 was a theory.
After yet another one of your deliberate lies where you first present your now so called theory as fact and were asked to provide some sort of evidence to support it.

Old 03-01-2024, 04:36 PM   #5434
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
For example, in this case, it's pretty clear that Israel did not shoot the vast majority of the people who were killed here. There's video and Palestinian eye witnesses stating that they were crushed by the trucks. Why is pointing out actual facts "pathetic".
No. It's not pretty clear. It's just another one of your sick theories to try and excuse murder.

Quote:
Dr Mohamed Salha, interim hospital manager at al-Awda hospital, where many of the dead and injured were taken, told the BBC: "Al-Awda hospital received around 176 injured people...142 of these cases are bullet injuries and the rest are from the stampede and broken limbs in the upper and lower body parts.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-68445973

Old 03-01-2024, 05:18 PM   #5435
Flames Fan, Ph.D.
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
It's an ongoing strategy of Hamas that the facts of every tragedy should be obscured in order to use these strategies to prove political points and for political gain. These strategies get reflected in many of those in the anti-Israeli crowd.

I see.

I guess I've become Hamas then.
Old 03-01-2024, 05:20 PM   #5436
Flames Fan, Ph.D.
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

This thread has made it clear to me why we still have wars.
The Following User Says Thank You to Flames Fan, Ph.D. For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2024, 05:22 PM   #5437
Azure
Had an idea!

Exp:

Yes, we have wars because terrorists gonna terrorize, and the countries they terrorize are likely to take that pretty seriously?

Took you until 'this thread' to realize that?
Azure is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Azure For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2024, 05:32 PM   #5438
Flames Fan, Ph.D.
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure View Post
Yes, we have wars because terrorists gonna terrorize, and the countries they terrorize are likely to take that pretty seriously?

Took you until 'this thread' to realize that?
No, we have wars because people don’t unanimously value all human life.

Your reply and the theme of it just underscores this fact. We’re this deep into this thread and you still don’t get it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Flames Fan, Ph.D. For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2024, 05:39 PM   #5439
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
No, we have wars because people don’t unanimously value all human life.

Your reply and the theme of it just underscores this fact. We’re this deep into this thread and you still don’t get it.
You don't think history and geopolitical forces have anything to do with the conflict? You don't think both sides are to blame?
Old 03-01-2024, 06:08 PM   #5440
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Yeah guys, both sides. The Israeli soldiers who gunned down civilians and the civilians who were gunned down and run over are equally to blame here. We need to remember that.