Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-20-2023, 10:13 PM   #521
The Big Chill
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Out on kicks, that sucks.
The Big Chill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2023, 10:15 PM   #522
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

New year, same Cavs. Chicken #### tactics playing for pens and losing.

shermanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2023, 10:29 PM   #523
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

Name a more legendary duo than Calgary pro sports and shootout losses. I'll wait.

And if cavalry plays like that this season I'm not watching for very long. That was disorganized, lazy, amateur football. Awful.
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2023, 11:27 PM   #524
M*A*S*H 4077
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think Tommy needs to win the league now this season or it may be time to start thinking of a different manager. Throw away another excellent opportunity, possibly the best possible chance/route of making the Can Champ Final they may ever have
M*A*S*H 4077 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to M*A*S*H 4077 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2023, 11:32 PM   #525
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

This was a really frustrating one. Once Mason and Bevan were off, we really voided ourself of any offensive threat. The whole second half we were on our heels. The reffing sucked balls too, but at the end of the day, we should have stepped up and keep the offense pressuring.

I hate losing to Pacific in the CCs. This is the second time it’s happened; the lack of success in recent years has been really frustrating. It seems like we just can’t find a way to seal the deal in big games. Wondering if we have to look at the top for change here soon if success doesn’t come, and soon.
Muta is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Muta For This Useful Post:
Old 04-21-2023, 01:25 AM   #526
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Still shocked that for this level of soccer, you go on ticketmaster and there is battlefield corner tickets for $29 and everything is $35 and up. How is that a way to build a future fanbase?

Not to cry for low income people, but I want to bring my buddy and his two kids to the next home game as he's been struggling badly and I can't do that for less than $120+ parking and food/drinks? For this level of soccer? We loved it last year when we got in, but I think it's a little shortsighted to get as much as you can for tickets right now with no regard for the future ticket buyers.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2023, 01:27 AM   #527
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

I'm assuming there's no kid tickets for 7-8 year olds?
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2023, 06:36 AM   #528
Ozy_Flame

Exp:

Have we even beat PFC or Forge recently? I feel like we just bleed losses to these two teams. Maybe I'm wrong.
Old 04-21-2023, 07:46 AM   #529
The Big Chill
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

I was only able to watch about half of each of the first two games, but I actually think we look better this year so far then in years past. We played two of the top teams in the league and got two draws away from home. We scored three from open play as well.

The 4231 looks so much more balanced then the 5 at the back with 3 defensive midfielders we used last season.

We still sorely lack an attacking mid that can turn on the ball and be a threat, but I think there were enough positives in the first couple games to be reasonably optimistic about the season.
The Big Chill is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Big Chill For This Useful Post:
Old 04-21-2023, 08:01 AM   #530
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Once Mason was subbed Cavalry was completely changed. Myroniuk has shown flashes but he's not ready for this level. Which is why he's on a Dev contract I guess.

Slowly passing it around from Klomp to Carducci to Montgomery back to Carducci and hoofing it up field in the second half was so frustrating.

I don't know why we refuse to sign an attacking mid given Camargo is always hurt and Mason doesn't want to be here. And yet, we exercised Mason's option anyways.

Old 04-21-2023, 08:06 AM   #531
Ozy_Flame

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shermanator View Post
I don't know why we refuse to sign an attacking mid given Camargo is always hurt and Mason doesn't want to be here. And yet, we exercised Mason's option anyways.
I'm probably going to get slammed for this, but I am not sure the front office - including the gaffer himself - are doing a sufficient enough job in managing the roster. There doesn't seem to be a strategy or vision being applied; rather, 'holding on' and filling gaps seems to be what they're doing.

On the plus side, it appears Mikael Cantave has stepped up his game this year. Love what I'm seeing from him.
Old 04-21-2023, 08:10 AM   #532
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Chill View Post
I was only able to watch about half of each of the first two games, but I actually think we look better this year so far then in years past. We played two of the top teams in the league and got two draws away from home. We scored three from open play as well.

The 4231 looks so much more balanced then the 5 at the back with 3 defensive midfielders we used last season.

We still sorely lack an attacking mid that can turn on the ball and be a threat, but I think there were enough positives in the first couple games to be reasonably optimistic about the season.
That was my thought also. It sucks to be out of the cup already, but we've had two tough matches to start the season and I actually think we've looked pretty good against that competition. If we had started against Valour we'd have a completely different impression of things!
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2023, 08:11 AM   #533
AndyM
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
I'm assuming there's no kid tickets for 7-8 year olds?
Kids Up Front might be an option: https://kidsupfrontcalgary.com/ Tickets from Calgary sports teams get donated there and are distributed to youngsters who don't have the opportunity to attend these events.

From the club, though, no. Unfortunately, $29 is the cheapest.
AndyM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AndyM For This Useful Post:
Old 04-21-2023, 08:51 AM   #534
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

The last 5 rows of 104, 105 and 106 all have $35 tickets and you get a beer with that ticket. It was full of families when I went and they doubled the size of the section in the offseason.

Outside of maybe the Wranglers, I can't think of any pro sports in this city that are cheaper.

Old 04-21-2023, 09:15 AM   #535
Johnny199r
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shermanator View Post
Once Mason was subbed Cavalry was completely changed. Myroniuk has shown flashes but he's not ready for this level. Which is why he's on a Dev contract I guess.

Slowly passing it around from Klomp to Carducci to Montgomery back to Carducci and hoofing it up field in the second half was so frustrating.

Offseason priorities screamed out for attacking help and Tommy just did what he always does and signed more defensive players. Impossible to understand.

I don't see how this team scores enough to win the title.
Johnny199r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2023, 09:22 AM   #536
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Pacific Vs TTS Rovers should have a good atmosphere. Only a 3.5 hour drvive for away fans.
TheIronMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2023, 09:23 AM   #537
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

How strong is the likelihood Cavalry FC try to bring some players in before the year is over.
Old 04-21-2023, 09:31 AM   #538
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

There is a player that will be announced in May when his contract in Europe ends. He's a fullback though.

Old 04-21-2023, 09:41 AM   #539
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

The game opener Tifo should be a big D and a Fence.
Old 04-23-2023, 03:35 PM   #540
Ozy_Flame

Exp:

Am I crazy or is every PFC player 6'0" and 200 lbs

Tags
cavalry fc , cpl , fced is no good / dead , ftf , soccer