Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-2024, 07:57 AM   #5321
Bingo
Owner

Exp:

Yeah I don't see this team as being competitive next year.

I think hockey ops knows it as well.

And I doubt they are trying to fool the existing players into thinking they are going for it. I'm sure the behind the scenes discussion is on how Benn and Seguin are part of an emerging team that got the draft right.

If you take out arguably 4 of your best 6-7 hockey players for futures you're not staying where you are or moving up.
Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bingo For This Useful Post:
Old 06-17-2024, 08:01 AM   #5322
Aarongavey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Larry Brooks is saying that the Rangers may want to buy out Goodrow. I would do a Goodrow and Kakko for a 7th I think. That whole Tampa line outside of Coleman is pretty bad right now but Goodrow would come at about half the price of Palat in terms of salary.
Aarongavey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aarongavey For This Useful Post:
Old 06-17-2024, 08:05 AM   #5323
Macho0978
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOfan View Post
Exactly. I think the spot Debrusk would take would be Mangiapanne’s, or Kuzmenko’s, or Sharagovich’s, or Coleman’s. I think at least 2 of those 4 are moved this season.
If you are Conroy you have to weigh all this out, but no way Debrusk takes a top prospects spot.

If Debrusk is wanting Calgary as his top destination, what is his contract ask? Will there be a discount? What will his contract look like vs resigning Sharangovich, Kuzmenko, Mangiapane?

It makes a ton of sense for me to sign a guy like Joshua who is asking for around $3.5 and sign Debrusk who wants to be here and ship out 2 guys that have short term deals for assets. It's a good way to add assets and manage your future cap and Debrusk and Joshua likely are cheaper to sign and are younger than guys like Mangiapane and Coleman, probably make less than their current contracts too.

I personally would flip Kuzmenko and Mangiapane and sign Joshua and Debrusk...assuming they sign for a contract Conroy likes.

Kuzmenko might be a great add to the Markstrom trade to get what we want and retain 50% on him and get the better assets in the trade with NJ.
Macho0978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2024, 08:06 AM   #5324
Badgers Nose
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aarongavey View Post
Larry Brooks is saying that the Rangers may want to buy out Goodrow. I would do a Goodrow and Kakko for a 7th I think. That whole Tampa line outside of Coleman is pretty bad right now but Goodrow would come at about half the price of Palat in terms of salary.
That’s what I’m talking about.
Badgers Nose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2024, 08:10 AM   #5325
Macho0978
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Goodrow had 6 goals in the playoffs, he isn't the problem

The problem in New York is their team is very winger heavy. They don't really have the #1 star center that the teams that beat them have.
Old 06-17-2024, 08:23 AM   #5326
Geeoff
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Would be the best Goodrow to ever play for the Flames!
Geeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2024, 08:33 AM   #5327
activeStick
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Most teams would love to get Kakko but the Rangers aren't going to move him this year. I heard that they're hoping he breaks through next season similar to Lafreniere did this season after many disappointing ones.
activeStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2024, 08:41 AM   #5328
ForeverFlameFan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I would easily take Goodrow if they gave us a hefty plus.

Goodrow is a solid bottom 6er and we have the space. Maybe a 1st+?
ForeverFlameFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2024, 08:50 AM   #5329
Macho0978
First Line Centre

Exp:

Goodrow for Kadri...get it done Conroy
Old 06-17-2024, 09:10 AM   #5330
Dan403
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macho0978 View Post
Goodrow for Kadri...get it done Conroy
Someone is day drinking. Not gonna name any names...
Dan403 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dan403 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-17-2024, 09:19 AM   #5331
Macho0978
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan403 View Post
Someone is day drinking. Not gonna name any names...
It's better to take a buy out candidate for a 7th? Are we gaining anything?

Kadri only makes $3.4 mil more than Goodrow and is a huge upgrade to a team that made the conference finals. Also, a playoff performer. We might have to add but I doubt it would be significant. Or retain some salary. 10% max though
Old 06-17-2024, 09:30 AM   #5332
Aarongavey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Kadri only makes $3.4 mil more than Goodrow and is a huge upgrade to a team that made the conference finals. Also, a playoff performer. We might have to add but I doubt it would be significant. Or retain some salary. 10% max though
Kadri had 75 points last year. Goodrow had 12. And you want to trade Kadri for him and retain 700K on Kadri or add something to Kadri to get Goodrow. What a strange trade idea.
Old 06-17-2024, 09:34 AM   #5333
gvitaly
Franchise Player

Exp:

What do you guys think of W. Karlsson, and A. Cirelli?

I could see both being cap casualties in VGK, and TBL respectively. I'm guessing that Conroy will be looking for centers, and likely add another top 6 center. It can be a free agent like Monahan, Duchene(C/RW), Stephenson, or even Henrique/Roslovic/Wenberg as more of a 3C type.

Karlsson is older, more proven, and has a decent cap-hit. Meanwhile, Cirelli was a dependable #2C for the bolts, and is only 26. Cirelli is slightly overpaid, but he could be a decent Backlund replacement down the line.

PS: Zary and Pospisil could both take over the C role in camp, but I doubt we go into camp with them being the only options for the 3C spot.
gvitaly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to gvitaly For This Useful Post:
Old 06-17-2024, 09:34 AM   #5334
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

What?

Kadri is a tradable asset. Why would you be moving him for a worse player and worse contract and having to add to that?
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SuperMatt18 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-17-2024, 09:34 AM   #5335
Macho0978
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Kadri had 75 points last year. Goodrow had 12. And you want to trade Kadri for him and retain 700K on Kadri or add something to Kadri to get Goodrow. What a strange trade idea.
Lol I thought you were saying no way the Rangers take that contract back.

Goodrow has 3 years left to Kadri's 5, that is the value we gain. We could trade Goodrow in 2 years 50% retained for a pick and have both contracts off the books. That should be a consideration for a rebuilding Flames team.
Old 06-17-2024, 09:37 AM   #5336
Macho0978
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMatt18 View Post
What?

Kadri is a tradable asset. Why would you be moving him for a worse player and worse contract and having to add to that?
Lots of speculation even this off season on what we could get for Kadri and most seem to think we are stuck. He might have value now that the cap is $88 mil but he is 34 in October with 5 years left on his deal and the Rangers need to sign Shesterkin to probably $11 mil or more soon. Kadri has very little value still.

Can we trade him right now for a pick?
Old 06-17-2024, 09:41 AM   #5337
Aarongavey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Lots of speculation even this off season on what we could get for Kadri and most seem to think we are stuck. He might have value now that the cap is $88 mil but he is 34 in October with 5 years left on his deal and the Rangers need to sign Shesterkin to probably $11 mil or more soon. Kadri has very little value still.

He plays a similar game to Pavelski. I am sure we will be fine. But trading him for a buyout candidate is an approach one could take I suppose.

I am sure the Rangers would gladly take the Kadri contract on and figure out the rest. The Flames would be insane to do it but Kadri immediately gives them a solid one two punch down the middle. But I do not think anyone other than you is talking about trading Kadri.
Old 06-17-2024, 09:51 AM   #5338
Macho0978
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
He plays a similar game to Pavelski. I am sure we will be fine. But trading him for a buyout candidate is an approach one could take I suppose.

I am sure the Rangers would gladly take the Kadri contract on and figure out the rest. The Flames would be insane to do it but Kadri immediately gives them a solid one two punch down the middle. But I do not think anyone other than you is talking about trading Kadri.
Maybe Kadri has value now and maybe he will in a $92 mil cap next year. But IMO Goodrow is not as bad as some think, the whole team played bad not just Goodrow. He had 6 goals in the playoffs, and I think we could build his value up and trade him for just as good as a pick as Kadri because we could retain salary on Goodrow as it won't need to be for 5 years or 4 years next year...vs Goodrow only 2 years retained.

Goodrow will get ice time here. Had 30 points the year before
Old 06-17-2024, 09:54 AM   #5339
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

I would bet we could get a pick for him or maybe a more even hockey trade where the team takes the risk of age to improve right now.

I would even bet that Lou would move his first for him if it meant getting him to the Islanders.
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2024, 09:59 AM   #5340
Bingo Jr.
Bingo's Official Offspring
Yes My Dad Knows I'm Here

Exp:

Kadri has value with the cap going up.

Proven playoff performer, plays a valuable position, and finished the year with 75 points on an offensively stale Flames team?

Sure, retaining a small portion is most likely necessary, but this Goodrow talk is mind numbing.
Bingo Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
devils suck , e=ng , edmonton is no good , nj is no good