Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2017, 07:05 AM   #5281
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resurrection View Post
GO OILERS!

On the bandwagon since the Jets are out. Can't wait to see the crazy atmosphere tomorrow.
Ha ha ha ha. Typical.
Old 04-12-2017, 07:06 AM   #5282
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think it's great the Oilers are making the concourse available for the tier 2 fans.
Old 04-12-2017, 07:09 AM   #5283
Regular_John
First Line Centre

Exp:

"...do not include a seat or a view of the ice surface."

Right, because the fans who paid $80 to get into the door aren't going to gravitate towards any views of the ice or attempt to fill some empty seats. Ushers/security are going to have a field day directing traffic around any entrances to the seats & views of the ice.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Regular_John For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2017, 07:28 AM   #5284
McG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
GO OILERS!

On the bandwagon since the Jets are out. Can't wait to see the crazy atmosphere tomorrow.
hmmm...everyone that I know cheers against their team's rivals.

Future historians will celebrate June 24, 2024 as the date when the timeline corrected itself.
Old 04-12-2017, 07:31 AM   #5285
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
GO OILERS!

You are a Jets fan cheering for thebOilers and post a lot on a Flames forum. Doesn't really add up to me
Old 04-12-2017, 07:34 AM   #5286
Bingo
Owner

Exp:

Quote:
“We have two types of fans: we have paying customers and we have people that watch the game that we still care about,” said Lowe. “But certainly the people that go to the games and support we spend a lot of time talking to them, delivering our message.”
updated to ...

“We have THREE types of fans: we have paying customers IN THE SEATS and we have people that CAN'T watch the game FROM THE COUNCOURSE that we still care about, AND FINALLY THOSE PEOPLE AT HOME THAT DON'T MATTER” said Lowe. “But certainly the people that go to the games WITH A VIEW OF THE ACTUAL GAME we spend a lot of time talking to them, delivering our message.”
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Bingo For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2017, 07:43 AM   #5287
Toonage
Taking a while to get to 5000

Exp:

Next up, exclusive toilet seating.
The Following User Says Thank You to Toonage For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2017, 07:49 AM   #5288
calgaryblood
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
GO OILERS!

Jets fans are literally the worst.

This is a Flames message board, you're a Jets fan and you think posting "GO OILERS" is normal behaviour? Literally nobody cares.
Old 04-12-2017, 07:55 AM   #5289
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgaryblood View Post

This is a Flames message board, you're a Jets fan and you think posting "GO OILERS" is normal behaviour? Literally nobody cares.
Seems quite a few people do care based on all the responses.

But it's an obvious troll job so I'm not sure why.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2017, 08:00 AM   #5290
calgaryblood
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
Seems quite a few people do care based on all the responses.

But it's an obvious troll job so I'm not sure why.
Literally nobody cares that he's cheering for the Oilers, we do care that he's trolling and posting it on a Flames message board in a thread about the oilers being no good. Big difference.
Old 04-12-2017, 08:07 AM   #5291
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgaryblood View Post

It seems like a lot of Jets fans are on the Oilers bandwagon. Birds of failure flock together.
Old 04-12-2017, 08:22 AM   #5292
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Jesus did I say anything derogatory about the Flames? This is an Oilers thread... Am I supposed to also not participate in the Oilers playoffs thread too? Get real.

And as previously posted Jets fans seem to be gravitating to the Oilers. What's it to you? How thin skinned.
Old 04-12-2017, 08:24 AM   #5293
Rejean31
Franchise Player

Exp:

Bandwagon fans gravitating to the Oilers? Color me surprised.
Old 04-12-2017, 08:25 AM   #5294
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Hey its a brilliant move by Katz and quite literally a middle finger to the Oiler fans. I mean he sucked them dry and kept bumping prices for the decade where they literally provided no entertainment value. Then he stuck he raped the city of Edmonton over this arena where doing sock puppet theatre and taking tours of other arenas.

And then how does he thank long suffering fans who stuck with that gong show for 11 years? By gouging them to go to a game that they can't watch.

Probably because the Oilers have made the playoffs next year he'll limit his icrease on tickets and food and parking to a mere 30% because baaaa.

If the Flames pulled a jackhole move like this, I'd tell them to get crammed . . . with walnuts.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
Old 04-12-2017, 08:35 AM   #5295
calgaryblood
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Jesus did I say anything derogatory about the Flames? This is an Oilers thread... Am I supposed to also not participate in the Oilers playoffs thread too? Get real.

And as previously posted Jets fans seem to be gravitating to the Oilers. What's it to you? How thin skinned.
With fans like you, it's no wonder the Jets lost their team.
The Following User Says Thank You to calgaryblood For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2017, 08:38 AM   #5296
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:

I get that Jets fans have a weird inferiority complex considering nobody outside of Winnipeg remembers you exist half the time, and you're all desperately starved for attention, but surely none of you are so dense to not recognise that "Go Oilers" in the E=NG thread on CALGARYpuck is going to get a negative reaction?

I mean, I get it. Jets are made up of bandwagon fans, it's all a big fad, you don't know what it means to have a rivalry because no team cares enough about the Jets to hate them, but the BOA is one, and in it fans aren't always happy to hear people proclaim their bandwagonning onto the rivals.
The Following User Says Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2017, 08:57 AM   #5297
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Hey its a brilliant move by Katz and quite literally a middle finger to the Oiler fans. I mean he sucked them dry and kept bumping prices for the decade where they literally provided no entertainment value. Then he stuck he raped the city of Edmonton over this arena where doing sock puppet theatre and taking tours of other arenas.

And then how does he thank long suffering fans who stuck with that gong show for 11 years? By gouging them to go to a game that they can't watch.

Probably because the Oilers have made the playoffs next year he'll limit his icrease on tickets and food and parking to a mere 30% because baaaa.

If the Flames pulled a jackhole move like this, I'd tell them to get crammed . . . with walnuts.

It's up to the fans. NOBODY should be buying this $80 ticket for the privilege to get gouged more at the concession stands when they could be making dinner and watching it in the comfort of their living room.

Any fans who buy this ticket are idiots and yeah if the Flames ever do this I would expect outrage on this forum.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to GirlySports For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2017, 08:59 AM   #5298
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Could you imagine how much of a cluster-fata the Dome would be if the Flames did this?
Old 04-12-2017, 09:04 AM   #5299
IgiTang
Self-Retired

Exp:

Isn't there some kind of fire code violation? I recall as a bartender way back in the day that we were only allowed a certain capacity and that capacity could not exceed the seating that was available, this capacity was also tied to the liquor license in that if someone is intoxicated, they must have somewhere to sit..

Am I wrong in this or anyone know the actual code?
Old 04-12-2017, 09:04 AM   #5300
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

I agree that you should be allowed to voice your opinion but it just makes no sense that Jets fans would support a team that has surpassed the Jets by doing things the wrong way. The Jets have organizational issues but at least they have drafted as well as anyone and haven't been amateur hour on and off the ice for the last decade. If anything you should be upset about how the Oilers have achieved their success not supporting it. Heck talking to Oilers fans today you would think it's 1988 and the last 30 years never happened. Even if Edmonton wasn't a provincial or even Canadian rival team I still could never support that level of ineptitude and arrogance.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread