Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-14-2017, 11:56 PM   #501
ToewsFan
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

McDavid will catch fire, and the Oilers will dispose of the Sharks in 6.

MVP!!
ToewsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ToewsFan For This Useful Post:
Old 04-15-2017, 01:11 AM   #502
Textcritic
Acerbic Cyberbully

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToewsFan View Post
McDavid will catch fire, and the Oilers will dispose of the Sharks in 6.

MVP!!
I realize that Oilers fans are all convinced that McDavid is the messiah, but I am pretty sure if he does actually catch fire he will be in no condition to play hockey.

I'm still laughing my ass off about the streamers at the end of Game 2. I suppose it is fitting—I think there remains a good chance that the next game in Edmonton is an elimination game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob
"...harem warfare? like all your wives dressup and go paintballing?"
"The Lying Pen of Scribes" Ancient Manuscript Forgeries Project
Textcritic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Textcritic For This Useful Post:
Old 04-15-2017, 05:18 AM   #503
Tsawwassen
Franchise Player

Exp:

0 at 2

The series is tied 1-1.
http://scores.nbcsports.com/nhl/recap.asp?g=2017041406&home=6&vis=18&final=true
http://sportsstats.cbc.ca/hockey/nhl-boxscores.aspx?page=/data/NHL/results/2016-2017/recap113717.html
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/sharks-oilers-game-two-1.4071500

Last edited by Tsawwassen; 04-21-2017 at 05:02 AM.
Tsawwassen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 07:09 AM   #504
FireGilbert
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Textcritic View Post
I realize that Oilers fans are all convinced that McDavid is the messiah, but I am pretty sure if he does actually catch fire he will be in no condition to play hockey.

I'm still laughing my ass off about the streamers at the end of Game 2. I suppose it is fitting—I think there remains a good chance that the next game in Edmonton is an elimination game.
I didn't catch the end of the game but streamers? Seriously? I know winning their first playoff game since 2006 is a big deal but save the celebrating til you actually win the series. Way to jinx yourself.
Old 04-15-2017, 08:59 AM   #505
Clarkey
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

2 flukey goals and a bunch of flying elbows to the Sharks heads...
Clarkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 09:06 AM   #506
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ohh haha that's why my buddy texted me last night "Did the Oilers just win the Cup??", I flipped it after they made it 2-0 so I missed that at the end. He's a Habs fan who I think prefers the Oilers to the Flames too, so it wasn't rivalry beaks. He just thought it was ridiculous too.

Sharks need Joe back, Oilers were just taking it to them physically all night. And how many strides can you take before it constitutes charging on a hit? 27? If they can keep pounding SJ like that, especially if charging calls continue to not exist in this series, SJ will be in trouble
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 09:15 AM   #507
verda13
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkey View Post
2 flukey goals and a bunch of flying elbows to the Sharks heads...
Why flukey? Because they were short handed? I'm honestly curious as to what you mean by that?
verda13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 09:21 AM   #508
SportsJunky
Uncle Chester

Exp:

Oh hey, Oiler fan sighting.
SportsJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 09:21 AM   #509
Rhettzky
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsJunky View Post
Oh hey, Oiler fan sighting.
That's super rare given that it's Easter.
Old 04-15-2017, 09:36 AM   #510
Travis Munroe
Realtor®

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by verda13 View Post
Why flukey? Because they were short handed? I'm honestly curious as to what you mean by that?
I didnt see either goal as flukey. The only knock on the oilers last night was the fact that they brutally outplayed the sharks for 58 minutes yet the sharks were a goal away from a completely different game (until McDavids goal).

The Kassian hit against the boards I saw as borderline but within the rules given it is the playoffs. The first hit in open ice was awful and should be looked at by the league. Targets the head and is clearly off his feet well before impact.

How the sharks played last night is how we need to play tonight.... I know it didn't work out but don't get sucked into the back and forth rough house. Our PP is not as good and the team with the better PP will win in those highly entertaining rugged games.

OFFICIAL CP REALTOR & PROPERTY MANAGER
Travis Munroe | Century 21 Elevate | 403.971.4300

Residential Buying & Selling
info@tmunroe.com
www.tmunroe.com

Property Management
travis@mpmCalgary.com
www.mpmCalgary.com
Travis Munroe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Travis Munroe For This Useful Post:
Old 04-15-2017, 09:37 AM   #511
Steve Bozek
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sainters7 View Post
Ohh haha that's why my buddy texted me last night "Did the Oilers just win the Cup??", I flipped it after they made it 2-0 so I missed that at the end. He's a Habs fan who I think prefers the Oilers to the Flames too, so it wasn't rivalry beaks. He just thought it was ridiculous too.

Sharks need Joe back, Oilers were just taking it to them physically all night. And how many strides can you take before it constitutes charging on a hit? 27? If they can keep pounding SJ like that, especially if charging calls continue to not exist in this series, SJ will be in trouble
This really pains me to say it, but I think the parallels being drawn by the panel to the Flames/Canucks series 2 years ago are probably right, paricularly if Thornton can't come back - even if he does he's not going to be at full power. Sharks look like an older, past-the-best-by-date team, against a young team that now realizes it can intimidate them. I fear it's Oilers in 5 or 6.

Last edited by Steve Bozek; 04-15-2017 at 09:38 AM. Reason: Typos
Steve Bozek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 09:55 AM   #512
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realtor 1 View Post
I didnt see either goal as flukey. The only knock on the oilers last night was the fact that they brutally outplayed the sharks for 58 minutes yet the sharks were a goal away from a completely different game (until McDavids goal).

The Kassian hit against the boards I saw as borderline but within the rules given it is the playoffs. The first hit in open ice was awful and should be looked at by the league. Targets the head and is clearly off his feet well before impact.

How the sharks played last night is how we need to play tonight.... I know it didn't work out but don't get sucked into the back and forth rough house. Our PP is not as good and the team with the better PP will win in those highly entertaining rugged games.
I agree that first open ice hit was everything that the league is trying to get rid of. The Sharks would be asleep at the wheel if they weren't on the phone to the league about that one demanding some kind of action. It was typical dirty Kassian.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 09:58 AM   #513
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bozek View Post
This really pains me to say it, but I think the parallels being drawn by the panel to the Flames/Canucks series 2 years ago are probably right, paricularly if Thornton can't come back - even if he does he's not going to be at full power. Sharks look like an older, past-the-best-by-date team, against a young team that now realizes it can intimidate them. I fear it's Oilers in 5 or 6.
I doubt that the Sharks are particularly intimidated especially going home to their own ice.

And the Sharks will have the energy of their home crowd to re-vitalize them.

While the Oilers "dominated" I watched that game and didn't think that it was really that dominant.

The Sharks got their mission accomplished for the first two games, they got that split, they can really put the Oilers on their heels by winning game three at home.

I still think based on game one and what I saw in game two that the Sharks are going to win this series.

If they get Jumbo Joe back that's a huge emotional and leadership boost for them.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 10:05 AM   #514
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realtor 1 View Post

You want us to #### the bed, play listlessly, have no physical answer, get shut out, get outshot like 40-15 and of 0 for on our PP?

How the sharks played is literally the exact opposite how any team should play...ever. Nothing about their game was good.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post:
Old 04-15-2017, 10:14 AM   #515
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I fear it's Oilers in 5 or 6.
I don't fear it, because I picked them to win this series and was expecting them to. But the way they fell on their faces game 1 it gave me hope they'd choke this series away. Game 2 was more how I expected this series to look.

SJ got the split though going back home, that's all you can ask for as the lower seed. We'll see what the Oilers look like on the road in the playoffs when they're away from the Stanley Cup parade that is their home rink
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 11:01 AM   #516
killer_carlson
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ference got 3 games for his hit.

Kassian got first star for his.

Old 04-15-2017, 11:03 AM   #517
Travis Munroe
Realtor®

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
You want us to #### the bed, play listlessly, have no physical answer, get shut out, get outshot like 40-15 and of 0 for on our PP?

How the sharks played is literally the exact opposite how any team should play...ever. Nothing about their game was good.

I take it you didn't understand the aspect of the sharks game I was referring to.

The Oilers were trying to push the sharks around physically and the sharks didn't retaliate. Give the flames that sort of advantage on the PP and we should win with ease. The sharks just &$(@ the bed and the PP was a joke.

If we join the ducks in their after the whistle activities, we will end the night tied with the ducks for PPs. I don't like our odds if there are 6 power plays a side but I do like them if they are 6-2 for the flames or 0-0.

info@tmunroe.com
www.tmunroe.com

Property Management
travis@mpmCalgary.com
www.mpmCalgary.com
Old 04-15-2017, 11:05 AM   #518
Travis Munroe
Realtor®

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post

Their discipline was fantastic and led to all of those PPs..... the majority of CP, media, coach, etc all agree that the flames need to play their own game (speed) and not the ducks game (rough).

info@tmunroe.com
www.tmunroe.com

Property Management
travis@mpmCalgary.com
www.mpmCalgary.com
Old 04-15-2017, 11:05 AM   #519
Textcritic
Acerbic Cyberbully

Exp:

Quote:
Maybe six, but there is no way the Oilers are winning the next two games in SJ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob
"...harem warfare? like all your wives dressup and go paintballing?"
"The Lying Pen of Scribes" Ancient Manuscript Forgeries Project
Textcritic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 11:16 AM   #520
Macindoc
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
I agree that first open ice hit was everything that the league is trying to get rid of. The Sharks would be asleep at the wheel if they weren't on the phone to the league about that one demanding some kind of action. It was typical dirty Kassian.
Number of strides taken, leaving the feet to make the hit, opponent not looking, head primary target and initial point of contact, offender goes on to make another borderline hit later in the game, and has a previous history of similar hits: all of these are signs of a player making reckless hits with no regard for the health, safety, or future of other players. This is exactly the kind of hit the league should and must eliminate by stiffly punishing offenders. Failure to do so will further legitimize the head injury lawsuit against the league and could allow damages from the suit to be extended to include injuries to current players, potentially costing the league millions of dollars. And on a more human level, allowing intentional attempts to injure to go unpunished simply isn't right.
Macindoc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Macindoc For This Useful Post: