Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-2023, 12:05 AM   #5121
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Night 1 >>>>>>> Night 2. The match distribution on the cards was really weird and always seemed like they wanted all the attention of night 2 on the main event.

Which makes the result even more weird...because it really felt like they were setting it up for a Cody win and to make him a mega star.

In the end I'm not sure it's the wrong result. It's interesting because I feel like it really depends where it goes.

If this is build up for the potential of The Rock then that is a mistake. Let it go. This was the year for that in Hollywood if you were going to do it.

If the build up leads to Jey or Sami dethroning Roman then I think that could be good too - I still think Sami-Roman should have main evented tonight. Maybe more so with the way it turned out.

For Cody I think they can use this. TBH his build wasnt great and I think fans could have turned on him quickly. Making him "Earn It" a bit more could be good longer term...but that crowd was ready to erupt for him tonight.

Will he interesting to watch it back later, because honestly it's so different live without the commentary.
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2023, 07:02 AM   #5122
ajr4013
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMPunk View Post
Looks like WWE is going to be bought by Endeavor/UFC
https://www.cnbc.com/2023/04/02/wwe-...avor-deal.html
https://www.cnbc.com/2023/04/03/wwe-...-endeavor.html

Looks like it's actually happening. Wow.
ajr4013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2023, 07:57 AM   #5123
Sidney Crosby's Hat
Franchise Player

Exp:

I wonder if there's going to be a lot of cross-promotional situations, wrestlers doing UFC, UFC fighters doing some wrestling, actual UFC fights at Wrestlemania, etc.
Sidney Crosby's Hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2023, 08:35 AM   #5124
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMatt18 View Post
Night 1 >>>>>>> Night 2. The match distribution on the cards was really weird and always seemed like they wanted all the attention of night 2 on the main event.
Yeah I mentioned that before, for the most part, the matches with really emotional stakes took place on night one. Rhea and Charlotte, Dom and Rey and the main event of night one all had these huge emotional stakes. So they maybe drained the crowd for night two.

It didn't help that the opener of night 2 with Brock and Omos and the 8 woman tag team matches were messes. It did pick up steam later on.

I think night 1, was a sales brochure.

Quote:
Which makes the result even more weird...because it really felt like they were setting it up for a Cody win and to make him a mega star.

In the end I'm not sure it's the wrong result. It's interesting because I feel like it really depends where it goes.
I didn't mind the result, because it doesn't end the Cody story against Reigns. Instead just as questions came up on the end of the blood line, they came out in the end completely united. You have Cody as the extreme underdog who was cheated, Also in terms of Reigns they were going to hit that 1000 days thing.

I am going to say, that I'm amazed at how far Reigns has come since he was put with Heyman. His psychology, his expressions, and his story telling are all top notch. Cody is a star no matter what.

Quote:
If this is build up for the potential of The Rock then that is a mistake. Let it go. This was the year for that in Hollywood if you were going to do it.
There will possibly be a Rock matchup a year down the road. Expect to see a lot less of Reigns between now and then.

Quote:
If the build up leads to Jey or Sami dethroning Roman then I think that could be good too - I still think Sami-Roman should have main evented tonight. Maybe more so with the way it turned out.
Love your opinion, of course I'm going to disagree. The emotional timbre of the tag match really can't be beat. Having Sami come out and fight again on night 2 would have been way to much. Cody is still going to be world champion, my gut tells me though that we're going to see the undisputed title split.

Quote:
For Cody I think they can use this. TBH his build wasnt great and I think fans could have turned on him quickly. Making him "Earn It" a bit more could be good longer term...but that crowd was ready to erupt for him tonight.

Will he interesting to watch it back later, because honestly it's so different live without the commentary.
Cody somehow has found undeniable main event charisma. The emotion was just pouring off of him last night. And that toe to toe fight between Reigns and Cody was awesomely well done.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2023, 10:56 AM   #5125
Paulie Walnuts
Franchise Player

Exp:

Wtf happened to McMahon why does he look like that now????
Paulie Walnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Paulie Walnuts For This Useful Post:
Old 04-03-2023, 11:45 AM   #5126
Puppet Guy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulie Walnuts View Post
Wtf happened to McMahon why does he look like that now????

The moustache makes him look even sleazier.

- Surferguy
Puppet Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Puppet Guy For This Useful Post:
Old 04-03-2023, 03:09 PM   #5127
KelVarnsen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ouch

KelVarnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2023, 03:45 PM   #5128
Ferarri
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I'm a very casual wrestler observer but used to be obsessed during the attitude era and Monday night wars. I haven't watched much of the new age stuff but was wondering what the appeal is with Reigns. I didn't think he was great when he first became champ. Maybe things have changed with the Bloodline and Heyman angle? They seem to be pushing him very hard.

Also, wonder if Stephanie comes back with the WWE sale if Vince is out?
Ferarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2023, 03:49 PM   #5129
Paulie Walnuts
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferarri View Post
I'm a very casual wrestler observer but used to be obsessed during the attitude era and Monday night wars. I haven't watched much of the new age stuff but was wondering what the appeal is with Reigns. I didn't think he was great when he first became champ. Maybe things have changed with the Bloodline and Heyman angle? They seem to be pushing him very hard.

Also, wonder if Stephanie comes back with the WWE sale if Vince is out?
That was me as well. Attitude era and once the Rock left it was pretty much it for me. Felt like the wrestling industry peaked at Wrestlemania 17.

No way Vince is out if see what's out on Twitter today, he is gonna be rocking that disgusting Stache and will probably be the face of them again.
Paulie Walnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Paulie Walnuts For This Useful Post:
Old 04-03-2023, 05:53 PM   #5130
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post

Love your opinion, of course I'm going to disagree. The emotional timbre of the tag match really can't be beat. Having Sami come out and fight again on night 2 would have been way to much. Cody is still going to be world champion, my gut tells me though that we're going to see the undisputed title split.

Yeah either hes not in the tag match or you do it so he needed to beat the Uso's in the tag match to get added to the main event.

Which would have been good to put more conflict on the Bloodline - they lose and then Sami joins the match which leads to Roman blaming Jimmy/Jey
Old 04-03-2023, 09:09 PM   #5131
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

That was the most telegraphed turn I think I've ever seen.
rubecube is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2023, 07:14 AM   #5132
ajr4013
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Raw being awful last night pretty much confirmed Vince is back and yep:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1643150130319687681
ajr4013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2023, 08:02 AM   #5133
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well at least WWE was good when AEW was struggling a bit. Now AEW is back on the upswing a little and WWE will go back to ####.

I would bet that Vince had a lot more input into Night 2 than Night 1 as well.

Everything felt different in terms of the event and even how the time between matches was paced.
The Following User Says Thank You to SuperMatt18 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-04-2023, 08:59 AM   #5134
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

Dang. If Vince is back in charge, I'm likely no longer interested in watching WWE. Vince just can't help himself can he. Triple H was totally turning that product around for the better, too.

I knew something was up when a) Cody lost on WM Night 2, and b) they teased a great match last night with Rhodes/Lesnar vs. Reigns/Sikoa, and then they just ####ing ruined everything. A main event catfish like that something I don't have time for anymore, what a way to ruin a show.

Probably going back to one name wrestlers too - Austin Theory will be Theory, Matt Riddle will be Riddle, etc. Hate that ####.
Muta is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Muta For This Useful Post:
Old 04-04-2023, 09:00 AM   #5135
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

I tried to watch Raw for all of 20 minutes last night before I had to turn it off. I hadn't watched it in at least over a year and it reminded me of why I couldn't take more than a small dose.
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2023, 09:14 AM   #5136
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozy_Flame View Post
I tried to watch Raw for all of 20 minutes last night before I had to turn it off. I hadn't watched it in at least over a year and it reminded me of why I couldn't take more than a small dose.
That's too bad you tuned into this one specifically; the last seven months run by Triple H have been great and you could see the changes he was implementing. Sucks that McMahon had to ruin last night what is usually the best Raw of the year.
Muta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2023, 09:17 AM   #5137
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

RAW is going to Winnipeg in August but I think I'm taking a pass. Ticket prices don't seem to be worth it and I hopefully will finally be living in another province by then.
Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2023, 09:20 AM   #5138
Hockey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Haha yep after watching Wrestlemania over the weekend I was interested in seeing RAW. Which I've barely watched over the years and now I'm hearing that WWE is on the downswing.
Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2023, 10:35 AM   #5139
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muta View Post
That's too bad you tuned into this one specifically; the last seven months run by Triple H have been great and you could see the changes he was implementing. Sucks that McMahon had to ruin last night what is usually the best Raw of the year.
Yeah I get that, although I think they started botching things after they didn't give Zayn the Wrestlemania main event slot. WTF were they thinking.
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2023, 11:29 AM   #5140
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Charlotte taking another extended break from WWE to go travel with her husband as he doesn't have much to do in AEW and do some woman's body building competitions.

I had a feeling after seeing her reaction though I felt like maybe she would make the break more permanent with wwe.

She has nothing left to prove, she's 37 and probably wants to start a family.

I think we don't see her for a good long time and maybe sporadically after that.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote