Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2022, 10:34 AM   #5101
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by You Need a Thneed View Post
finally got my faucet, and installed it today, what a pain in the ass that was.

making and buying spacers, needing more than two hands, fighting a supply line thats so close to the tightening nut that you cant turn the tightening nut, multiple trips to the hardware store…

doesnt help that its all in an uncomfortable to get into space as well.

Every time I do plumbing work I wonder to myself how every plumber isn’t a borderline professional athlete. It’s freaking hard work.

Then you see them. Two packs a day with a pot belly and it makes it even more impressive.
CroFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CroFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 10-16-2022, 10:36 AM   #5102
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Anyone else having humidity issues this fall? I checked my humidifier,and the solenoid valve isn't working, so it's definitely not that thing working overtime. But we have excess moisture on the windows, and humidity is showing 70-80%. I'm baffled as to where it is coming from, this being Calgary and all.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2022, 11:36 AM   #5103
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroFlames View Post
Every time I do plumbing work I wonder to myself how every plumber isn’t a borderline professional athlete. It’s freaking hard work.

Then you see them. Two packs a day with a pot belly and it makes it even more impressive.
It’s the low rise jeans that does the trick.
topfiverecords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2022, 11:42 AM   #5104
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Anyone else having humidity issues this fall? I checked my humidifier,and the solenoid valve isn't working, so it's definitely not that thing working overtime. But we have excess moisture on the windows, and humidity is showing 70-80%. I'm baffled as to where it is coming from, this being Calgary and all.
That’s nuts.

Not sure how that’s possible without tropical plants, multiple showers running with no fans, witches boiling cauldrons of water, and a party full of Trudeau’s speaking moistly.

So I’d say start by quitting each of those things one by one until you’ve returned to normal.
The Following User Says Thank You to topfiverecords For This Useful Post:
Old 10-16-2022, 01:35 PM   #5105
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ya, I dunno, I am not doing any of those things...
Old 10-16-2022, 06:16 PM   #5106
PaperBagger'14
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Ya, I dunno, I am not doing any of those things...
No water leaks or anything? Maybe give the water meter a check
PaperBagger'14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2022, 06:56 PM   #5107
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaperBagger'14 View Post
No water leaks or anything? Maybe give the water meter a check
It's not ticking away, I can hear it when it runs.
Old 10-16-2022, 07:46 PM   #5108
Jawbone Hill
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Hi all,
In an attempt to clean rust stains off a driveway I used a 50/50 mixture of CLR/water and brushed the stains slightly with the mixture to try and get it to penetrate. While it diminished the rust stains slightly, it also discolored the driveway somewhat so that there are now 'bleached' spots on my driveway that look lighter than the rest. Any idea how to resolve this? The driveway is brushed concrete which I thought would be OK, but the discoloration occurred anyway.
Thanks for any ideas you might have!
Jawbone Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2022, 07:50 PM   #5109
PaperBagger'14
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
It's not ticking away, I can hear it when it runs.
I guess the first place I'd start is by looking at your humidifier filter. It doesn't sound likely that the filter is your issue but it might be able to give you some clues.
PaperBagger'14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2022, 07:13 AM   #5110
Geraldsh
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Found the problem yet? Check your dryer vent, it may be disconnected or plugged.
Geraldsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2022, 07:33 AM   #5111
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geraldsh View Post
Found the problem yet? Check your dryer vent, it may be disconnected or plugged.
I haven't done much looking, but the dryer vent is fine. I might need to explore the attic. My favourite place...
Old 10-17-2022, 10:00 AM   #5112
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Anybody gone all in on Edison bulbs in their house?

I picked up a six pack of these dimmable amber Edison bulbs. I put them in a few fixtures and I love it compared to bright white LEDs. I'm thinking of swapping out literally every bulb in my Canmore condo to these as I think they put off a super mellow vibe. There'd be about 20 bulbs required to do it all.

Advantage is the warmer feel, plus I'm kind of over smart bulbs to a degree. I still have some Hue bulbs on the main floor in my house and enjoy them, but in Canmore I don't want to fata around with extra crap...just want to show up and chill. These seem like a great spot to land so I don't have the bright-white-LED-standard-lightbulb thing going on, but I also don't need to worry about apps and syncing and potential issues.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2022, 10:22 AM   #5113
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

I use Edison LEDs, but only in fixtures where you can see them. Mine aren't quite that yellow though, I think mine are 3000k.
CroFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CroFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 10-17-2022, 10:25 AM   #5114
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroFlames View Post
I use Edison LEDs, but only in fixtures where you can see them. Mine aren't quite that yellow though, I think mine are 3000k.
Yeah, since I'm considering going amber I think I would want to do them all because I'm not sure that amber and white wouldn't clash when both are on. I like samesies samesies with stuff like this.
Old 10-17-2022, 10:25 AM   #5115
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

It'll be about $150 to outfit the house. I'll probably do it and report back if anybody cares.
Old 10-17-2022, 10:30 AM   #5116
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Anybody gone all in on Edison bulbs in their house?

I picked up a six pack of these dimmable amber Edison bulbs. I put them in a few fixtures and I love it compared to bright white LEDs. I'm thinking of swapping out literally every bulb in my Canmore condo to these as I think they put off a super mellow vibe. There'd be about 20 bulbs required to do it all.

Advantage is the warmer feel, plus I'm kind of over smart bulbs to a degree. I still have some Hue bulbs on the main floor in my house and enjoy them, but in Canmore I don't want to fata around with extra crap...just want to show up and chill. These seem like a great spot to land so I don't have the bright-white-LED-standard-lightbulb thing going on, but I also don't need to worry about apps and syncing and potential issues.
I'm not big on super bright living spaces but I couldn't imagine cooking, cleaning, physical work, etc all on 470 lumens. Especially in the short dim winter days. The people who owned our place before us had something that low in two pendants over the dining table and it was like candle lit dinner every night. Swapped those out with some dimmable 1100 lumen LED edison style super quick.
Old 10-17-2022, 10:33 AM   #5117
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by topfiverecords View Post
I'm not big on super bright living spaces but I couldn't imagine cooking, cleaning, physical work, etc all on 470 lumens. Especially in the short dim winter days. The people who owned our place before us had something that low in two pendants over the dining table and it was like candle lit dinner every night. Swapped those out with some dimmable 1100 lumen LED edison style super quick.
Hmmm, good point, but I think Imma risk it. I just really like dim at all times and so does my family.
Old 10-17-2022, 10:59 AM   #5118
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Hmmm, good point, but I think Imma risk it. I just really like dim at all times and so does my family.
If you have dimmers though, why not do some at higher lumens and then just lower them until more light is needed?
Old 10-17-2022, 11:10 AM   #5119
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by topfiverecords View Post
If you have dimmers though, why not do some at higher lumens and then just lower them until more light is needed?
Good question. My answer would be I already clicked "purchase" because when I get a bee in my bonnet I just blaze forward and then have minor regrets later on.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sliver For This Useful Post:
Old 10-17-2022, 11:14 AM   #5120
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Good question. My answer would be I already clicked "purchase" because when I get a bee in my bonnet I just blaze forward and then have minor regrets later on.
Well that wasn't too bright
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to topfiverecords For This Useful Post: