Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2021, 08:53 PM   #481
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

Man.... our offence has dried right up. Not a fun three games here for Cavs.
Muta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021, 08:59 PM   #482
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

What happened to the Cavs I want the Cavs
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021, 09:00 PM   #483
Johnny199r
First Line Centre

Exp:

No creative AMC on the roster with Camargo injured.
Johnny199r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021, 09:01 PM   #484
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

The 2021 version of Cavalry are looking a lot like the 2020 version. As soon as Camargo goes down the offense crumbles.

I don't know how Tommy watches that happen in 2020 and then turns around and signs 6 defensive minded central midfielders while only having Camargo and Minatel available in the middle. Luca creates some offense along the wing but in the end there are very little quality scoring chances as a result. Selemani and Novak are starved of service right now, so I don't think Mason is going to drastically alter that. Farsi looks a shadow of what we saw in 2020. Escalante hasn't had much of an impact since the first game.

Maybe Tommy's grand plan is to just get into the playoffs and try and time a hot streak, rather than blow it all to finish first and promptly choke when it matters.

shermanator is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to shermanator For This Useful Post:
Old 07-11-2021, 09:01 PM   #485
M*A*S*H 4077
Franchise Player

Exp:

C’mon Novak. Be better
M*A*S*H 4077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021, 09:05 PM   #486
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ugh... this is not fun at all.
Old 07-11-2021, 09:06 PM   #487
M*A*S*H 4077
Franchise Player

Exp:

Like we’ve all been saying for games Cavs have zero midfield creative presence through the middle. Only opportunities they create are from the wings or in transition. I want to see Luca played as a 10, or maybe even Escalante until Camargo is back

I like Yao and Klomp, think they’re the strongest CB pairing. Farsi needs to be better. I really want to like Loturi but he’s terrified of making a forward pass. Every time he is in possession it’s a back pass.

If we’re top 4 coming out of the bubble I think we’re ok. Spruce Meadows can inspire the group in the playoff push
Old 07-11-2021, 09:07 PM   #488
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Not a great showing. Cavs had a couple chances and just didn’t take them. The final third is just dead and they’ve shown nothing.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021, 09:09 PM   #489
M*A*S*H 4077
Franchise Player

Exp:

Also let’s never play another bubble on turf ever again. The Valour players were complaining about the heat earlier today and guys were slipping all over the place this evening including Yao on the goal
Old 07-11-2021, 09:09 PM   #490
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm thinking Tommy may not be the mastermind we thought he was in 2019. First time that thought has crossed my mind after 7 years...

Old 07-11-2021, 09:26 PM   #491
Hockey-and_stuff
First Line Centre

Exp:

DiChiara was supposed to have this rep of good ball distribution but I'm not seeing it right now. With no ability to play through the middle we're forced to the wings and our offense is too predictable.

I expect the back line to stabilize but if we can't score goals its not happening this year.
Hockey-and_stuff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021, 09:42 PM   #492
The Big Chill
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Some mixed results have to be expected with the huge amount on turnover on all of these rosters. Buscher and Camargo really were the key pieces through the middle making the attack click, and not having them is difficult to deal with.
The Big Chill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021, 10:20 PM   #493
browna
Franchise Player

Exp:

Sheesh the bandwagon here is obviously missing some side rails. Too spoiled after a season of success or just being fickle for fun? Sure not the greatest start but:
High turnover due to pandemic

Going to be turnover anyways because of the salary cap, which is barely a living wage for most and even though the team atmosphere was great apparently year 1, an ask for a small bump in wages was enough for the club to tell the player to look elsewhere and the player would be very sensitive to a small raise

Players and coaches trying to find their footing and role, with competitive games for first time in a while, given the turnover.

Neutral ground and bubble.

Sure, that's the same for all teams coming out of the pandemic.Cavs don't have the advantage of the time to create the atmosphere that Tommy created for them all together cohesively for season 1.

Talent I think is there, but maybe not the depth (ie a Jordan Brown for example, or Hamilton) there was, but plenty of time and games to get the ship back in shape.
browna is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to browna For This Useful Post:
Old 07-12-2021, 08:09 AM   #494
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

Wow... bandwagon is the last word I would use to describe the Cavs fans in this thread. Big difference between that and being critical of the play/roster of the club, which you're completely allowed to do and doesn't imply, in the slightest, any type of 'bandwagoning'.
The Following User Says Thank You to Muta For This Useful Post:
Old 07-12-2021, 09:33 AM   #495
Howie_16
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by browna View Post
Sheesh the bandwagon here is obviously missing some side rails. Too spoiled after a season of success or just being fickle for fun?
Odd behavior on CalgaryPuck for sure...

Decades of supporting the Flames & Stampeders have prepared me for this dry spell. I am very confident Cavalry will finish the regular season in the top 4, and this is nothing a proper Foot Soldiers chant can't solve!

Last edited by Howie_16; 07-12-2021 at 01:10 PM.
Howie_16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 10:30 AM   #496
Jimmy Stang
Franchise Player

Exp:

Early days yet. There are obviously some concerns, but thankfully this little bubble of 8 games is just a small chunk of a much longer season.
Jimmy Stang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 11:34 AM   #497
M*A*S*H 4077
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muta View Post
Wow... bandwagon is the last word I would use to describe the Cavs fans in this thread. Big difference between that and being critical of the play/roster of the club, which you're completely allowed to do and doesn't imply, in the slightest, any type of 'bandwagoning'.
Yeah, I think we’re all being critical of the play of the team but nobody in here is giving up on the team. It’s 5 games into an 8 game bubble and then 20 more to go. Long way ahead to right the ship
Old 07-12-2021, 12:23 PM   #498
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Schedule for the rest of 2021 has dropped. Back in the stands August 3.

The Following User Says Thank You to shermanator For This Useful Post:
Old 07-12-2021, 12:38 PM   #499
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

I was kind of hoping for a couple more weekend nights in there. And I'm already cold thinking about November 6th and probably another home playoff date after that!
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Slava For This Useful Post:
Old 07-12-2021, 12:48 PM   #500
FlamesFanStrandedInEDM
First Line Centre

Exp:

Since I had just bought a new place, I opted for a refund on my 2020 seasons tickets instead of carrying over the deposit. Happy to get the exact seats in 202 I had to let go of.

I was worried that there would be a lack of “availability” for affordable seating once the single game seats became available.

I’m looking forward to the new and improved lighting for those September/October matches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FlamesFanStrandedInEDM is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cavalry fc , cpl , eff the forge , fc edmonton is no good