Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2016, 08:48 AM   #481
Machiavelli
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary14 View Post
I thought Paul would have been better off taking James to final 2, but maybe not - Nicole wouldve been pissed since they had a final two deal and she'd vote against him which also would mean Corey and Paulie would vote the same way - against Paul. And Natalie would have voted for James too. So maybe Paul thought his odds were better against Nicole. I still think Paul should've won though
Paul would have won except for one vote, can't remember which juror said it. They apparently do practice voting based on the possible combinations of F2.

Nicole wouldn't have been bitter at all; she was considering not honoring her deal with Paul and even questioned why he wouldn't take James.

Quote:
Anyone planning on watching the new online-only version of BB?
Haven't decided; keeping up with BB18 was a lot of work

Last edited by Machiavelli; 09-22-2016 at 08:51 AM.
Machiavelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 08:53 AM   #482
mrkajz44
First Line Centre

Exp:

So I avoided this thread all season because I was always behind in episodes. Just so I know going forward - anything that is not a part of the normal shows are spoilered, right? So if the Sunday show ends with the HOH in progress, I can come here on Monday and not be spoiled as to who won the comp?

Can't believe Paul took Nicole to the final two. I still thought he would win (and obviously so did he), but that was a fatal error. I'm a bit surprised at how much everyone hated his personality - I thought he was obnoxious, but I didn't find him intolerable. I think that was the death blow in some of the Jury votes, which is a shame because he was clearly the better player of the actual game itself.

At first I was disappointed with Nicole's win, but looking back I think I would play the game the same way. Don't make waves early on and find yourself a close ally or two. Then when the numbers start to dwindle you get more aggressive and start winning more comps. Her and Cory were ruthless there at the end, which I didn't like at first, but probably won her the game. I agree she was a "floater" early, but that was her strategy and she definitely had gameplay when it mattered.

Sidebar: Michelle is probably one of the worst humans I've ever seen on the show. I cannot imagine being around her in real life.
Old 09-22-2016, 10:20 AM   #483
zyzz
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Paul blew it by taking Nicole. Man she sucks. What a terrible end speech.
zyzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 11:29 AM   #484
Parallex
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary14 View Post
Anyone planning on watching the new online-only version of BB?
America is going to decide the winner... so I'm out. Screw that. When it comes to Big Brother America has proven time and time again that giving them any actual power in the game is a bad bad bad idea.
Parallex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 11:54 AM   #485
TheAlpineOracle
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parallex View Post
America is going to decide the winner... so I'm out. Screw that. When it comes to Big Brother America has proven time and time again that giving them any actual power in the game is a bad bad bad idea.
Yup. It's the same reason I don't really follow big brother Canada. Too much outside manipulation.
TheAlpineOracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 11:05 PM   #486
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Paul was robbed but the jury can be unpredictable and maybe Paul was a little overconfident at the end as surely he had to know taking James would have been the much easier route. That said after those final speeches you would have to be kind of petty not to vote for Paul and rather than vote for the best player the critical voters were indeed petty and stuck it to Paul. It's also possible Day and Natalie simply wanted to give it to a girl seeing how male dominated the game has been of late.

Last edited by Erick Estrada; 09-24-2016 at 11:07 PM.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 12:38 AM   #487
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Re: spoilers question from a few posts up. People always put non show comp stuff in spoilers. Some live feed stuff will make this thread but only for further context on personalities, blow ups etc. People are good about not ruining it for tv show only watchers.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 08:58 AM   #488
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
Paul was robbed but the jury can be unpredictable and maybe Paul was a little overconfident at the end as surely he had to know taking James would have been the much easier route. That said after those final speeches you would have to be kind of petty not to vote for Paul and rather than vote for the best player the critical voters were indeed petty and stuck it to Paul. It's also possible Day and Natalie simply wanted to give it to a girl seeing how male dominated the game has been of late.

well it was a really immature and petty cast.

GirlySports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 09:12 AM   #489
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

I also wished they didn't have a 9-member jury, and had the regular 7-person one instead. Under the old format it would've been a 4-3 win for Paul.

Da' was out of the game for like 7 weeks and had zero clue about the house strategy and dynamics.

Would also prefer that they decide the F2 before finale night and that they would tape the jury questioning before the finale, giving the jury more time to make an informed decision. But I get that F3 into finale night is more exciting. Just wished it all wasn't so rushed.

Would love to see Paul get a second crack at it on some kind of second chance season. With Vanessa, BB8 Eric, and other 1-time players that need a second shot.
mile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 10:28 AM   #490
Machiavelli
Franchise Player

Exp:

I really think the only petty vote was Natalie's. Da'Vonne's might have been a bit uninformed
Old 09-25-2016, 10:34 AM   #491
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machiavelli View Post
I really think the only petty vote was Natalie's. Da'Vonne's might have been a bit uninformed
Michelle was a trainwreck

GirlySports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 11:13 AM   #492
Machiavelli
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlySports View Post
Michelle was a trainwreck
Oh, for sure. I meant petty vote against Paul i.e. the Nicole win was not exactly undeserved
Old 09-25-2016, 08:12 PM   #493
The Fonz
Our Jessica Fletcher

Exp:

Why does the consensus seem to be that Paul played such a better game than Nicole?

He kept bringing up the fact that he escaped the block 6 times. IMO, that shows that Paul's game had a glaring weakness, and it was his emotion. Nicole never had to fight her way off of the block, because her mental game was strong enough that she never got caught in the cross-hairs, until it was inevitable near the end, at which point she went beast-mode and started winning multiple comps.

I am good with Nicole winning; she deserved it.
I'd have been good with Paul winning too; he also played a great game.

Full disclosure, this is the 1st season I've ever watched.
The Fonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 03:46 PM   #494
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

I thought Paul did fantastic considering he was on the outs in the first quarter of the game and played both sides of the house until the end influencing a lot of decisions despite the fact he wasn't part of the big power alliance that ran a lot of the game. I thought Nicole kind of hid behind Corey, Paulie, etc until the end. She wasn't a terrible player or anything but Paul really did bust his ass every week as I don't think I've ever seen a player work harder as he was always in the thick of discussions.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 04:23 PM   #495
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machiavelli View Post
Petty? The guy you said coined the term Fake Tits for her deserved her vote?

Jury management is a thing, and Paul going around calling people Fake Tits and insulting the women by calling them ####s was going to leave a bad taste in their mouths. "Being the crazy one" isn't an excuse if you have to put up with him for a couple months. Da'Vonne has a big following because she's a strong female personality, I wouldn't be surprised if that played a part in her vote. Voting a misogynist over a women, she had to assume, would look pretty bad for her social media followers. But as we've seen, people are okay with men calling women ####s and insulting their bodies behind their backs as long as they yell in the DR. Not to mention the #### he said about James because he was Asian.
Oling_Roachinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 12:10 AM   #496
Hockey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Anyone actually watching BB:OTT. I've been watching it and I think it's actually been pretty good. Plenty of drama going on in the house, house was basically split down the middle in terms of alliances. I like the fact that they do hoh, veto and eliminations all in one episode.

I'll admit that having America have a say in things kind of sucks, but other then that it's been good.

Last edited by Hockey; 11-17-2016 at 12:13 AM.
Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote