Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2011, 12:06 AM   #481
Yasa
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
Because it is ridiculous. It is like Spiderman beating the guys he does. He shoots web, Green Goblin flys and throws pumpkin bombs! Even more ridiculous is when Spiderman beats Electro. I shoot web...I shoot bolts of freakin electricity, you're dead! I like quite a few Marvel characters but with the exception of Superman all DC comic characters are pretty freakin lame!
Wait a minute...the story of a rich kid that falls into a well, has a bunch of bats do normal bat things at him and develops into a super awesome crimefighting martial arts master...is ridiculous? You can't possibly tell me super heroes aren't suposed to be ridiculous. It's what pretty much makes them super heroes.

Of course Batman is preposterous. What comic book hero isn't?
Yasa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Yasa For This Useful Post:
Old 07-14-2011, 12:12 AM   #482
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasa View Post
Wait a minute...the story of a rich kid that falls into a well, has a bunch of bats do normal bat things at him and develops into a super awesome crimefighting martial arts master...is ridiculous? You can't possibly tell me super heroes aren't suposed to be ridiculous. It's what pretty much makes them super heroes.

Of course Batman is preposterous. What comic book hero isn't?
Aquaman . . . he's just useless.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 12:24 AM   #483
VANFLAMESFAN
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Aquaman . . . he's just useless.
VANFLAMESFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to VANFLAMESFAN For This Useful Post:
Old 07-14-2011, 12:31 AM   #484
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

Quote:
Batman sucks, he doesn't even have any powers. Please for the love of god kill him off and stop making movies about a crappy superhero.

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver
Blaster86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Blaster86 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-14-2011, 01:07 AM   #485
Bertuzzied
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Batman sucks, he doesn't even have any powers. Please for the love of god kill him off and stop making movies about a crappy superhero.
Stupidest post in the Off Topic Forum this year.
Bertuzzied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 01:12 AM   #486
Bertuzzied
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 Justin 3 View Post
I can't wait for this film. 2012 is going to be awesome with two potential greatest comic book movies ever. The Avengers and Dark Knight Rises.
2012 came out already and it sucked. well except for the part where Woody gets smoked by a big rock.
Bertuzzied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 07:14 AM   #487
Daradon
Has lived the dream!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bring_Back_Shantz View Post
Batman was from the frist movie (maybe second), Bayne was actually frankestien from "Death Race" (horrible movie), those are both understandable, but seriously, Catwoman was a freaking pencil drawing.
There was some chick beating someone up, but it was spliced so quickly. Dropped from a celing in a black suit. They then used that cut away to show the computer screen with the drawing. Alluding to the link.

Like I said, you were right, and it's fairly obvious now. But at least I was one of the first to catch it.

Pretty cool fake. I guess I apolgize for not being a fanboy, but I did bring it up first, so I wasn't that far off.

I guess that just goes to show you how crappy summer blockbusters are really just put together from other movies. That there is a set formula. Even someone with a modicum of film knowledge can spot a real from a fake. Can pick out the plot line or the twist 3 mins in.

Anything else you wanna bust my balls for not knowing?

Last edited by Daradon; 07-14-2011 at 07:20 AM.
Daradon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 08:37 AM   #488
YYC in LAX
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winsor_Pilates View Post
Star Wars & Back to the Future say what?
You could argue Star Wars isn't a trilogy anymore and Back to the Future....the first was was simply awesome but the sequels were entertaining, but actually pretty bad.

YYC in LAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 08:43 AM   #489
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by YYC in LAX View Post
You could argue Star Wars isn't a trilogy anymore and Back to the Future....the first was was simply awesome but the sequels were entertaining, but actually pretty bad.
Why is that? It isn't like Lucas went crazy and actually made episodes I-III into some jumbled mess of lame special effects, bad acting and worse stories/writing, right?. Even if he did there's no way they could be so bad as to taint the legacy of the original films thereby raping our favorite childhood characters and movies, is there?

Wait...he did and they were that bad? Aww ####.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 09:08 AM   #490
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Because it is ridiculous. It is like Spiderman beating the guys he does. He shoots web, Green Goblin flys and throws pumpkin bombs! Even more ridiculous is when Spiderman beats Electro. I shoot web...I shoot bolts of freakin electricity, you're dead! I like quite a few Marvel characters but with the exception of Superman all DC comic characters are pretty freakin lame!
sorry, but Superman is THE lamest superhero in the history of comics. oh whupdeedoo, i have every power imaginable and have only one incredibly easy to exploit weakness, making every plot of any of my movies/comics incredibly predictable

and you complain about Batman being able to beat superhumans without any powers, yet you have no problem with Superman's hidden identity being a pair of glasses that somehow fools everyone he knows?
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 09:11 AM   #491
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by YYC in LAX View Post
if people can refuse to recognize that Indiana Jones 4 exists, then i can do the same with the prequels. it's obvious that Lucas came down with some unknown mental disorder in the 90's to make him lose his mind and try to ruin one of the greatest movie franchises of all time
Old 07-14-2011, 09:34 AM   #492
Tinordi
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

The new star wars movies sully the original trilogy no doubt about it. I watched the old movies and was reminded of the idiotic prequels and their stupid stories.
Tinordi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tinordi For This Useful Post:
Old 07-14-2011, 09:52 AM   #493
The Yen Man
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
sorry, but Superman is THE lamest superhero in the history of comics. oh whupdeedoo, i have every power imaginable and have only one incredibly easy to exploit weakness, making every plot of any of my movies/comics incredibly predictable

and you complain about Batman being able to beat superhumans without any powers, yet you have no problem with Superman's hidden identity being a pair of glasses that somehow fools everyone he knows?
Here's one thing I don't understand about Superman. The guy has enough strength and power to spin the Earth backwards, but he cries like a little girl if he's standing a few feet away from Kryptonite. Ok, I get that's his weakness, but really how hard is it to get rid of the kryptonite? Why wouldn't he just fly a few kilometres away from it and just destroy it from afar? I mean, I'm sure he can laser eye it pretty easily.

Oh and I agree with the glasses comment, but realistically, anyone not wearing a full mask would be easily recognizable by friends and family. I don't know about you. But if my brother was Batman, I'd be able to tell right away it was him, even if he wore the stupid bat cowl.
The Yen Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 10:00 AM   #494
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yen Man View Post
Here's one thing I don't understand about Superman. The guy has enough strength and power to spin the Earth backwards, but he cries like a little girl if he's standing a few feet away from Kryptonite. Ok, I get that's his weakness, but really how hard is it to get rid of the kryptonite? Why wouldn't he just fly a few kilometres away from it and just destroy it from afar? I mean, I'm sure he can laser eye it pretty easily.

Oh and I agree with the glasses comment, but realistically, anyone not wearing a full mask would be easily recognizable by friends and family. I don't know about you. But if my brother was Batman, I'd be able to tell right away it was him, even if he wore the stupid bat cowl.
at least every other superhero makes an attempt though. the first thing that Louis Lane should have said when seeing Superman in costume is "Oh hi Clark, are you wearing contacts?"
Old 07-14-2011, 10:13 AM   #495
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinordi View Post
The new star wars movies sully the original trilogy no doubt about it. I watched the old movies and was reminded of the idiotic prequels and their stupid stories.
While I wasn't as big of a fan of the prequels as I was with the originals, I still enjoy some of the underlying story lines of the prequels.

Lets be honest, this is as much about Skywalkers fall to the darkside as it is the machinations of Palpatine and his rise to power, and I totally enjoyed that.

Episode one was not great because of the age of Skywalker, Jar Jar Binks and Natalie Portman's stiff acting job.

But I did enjoy the duel between Qui-gon, Maul and Kenobi, I did enjoy the Palpatine/Sideous stuff.

Episode two was hot and cold for me, the love story was awkward and I just didn't buy the eternal love thing between Anikan and Padme, and for god sakes quit calling him Anni.

I did like the Clone storyline, I did enjoy the arena battlescene and the Yoda Tyrannous fight, and the explanation of how Bobba Fett became Bobba fett. Even though Sideous didn't make an appearance til the end of the film, you could see every manipulation of his in the movie. I also enjoyed that Lucas made Jar Jar Binks one of the main reasons why the republic fell and the Empire rose.

I did really enjoy Sith, even though as a movie it could have been longer so they could have taken more time with the fall of Skywalker, maybe have him murder more Jedi as well. But I liked the opening battlescene a lot, I liked the density of the story lines, I loved the manipulation of Skywalker by Sideous even though the novel did a better job. I thought that the duel between Skywalker and Kenobi was done very well, and I actually cheered when the clones started killing jedi, including Lucas' own son. I liked the fact that Windu had a big factor in Skywalkers fall as he was exposed as a hypocrite in the end.

I hated the NNNNOOOOOOOO scene but I understood it, but I loved seeing Vader striding across the bridge of the Star Destroyer to stand with his master, and I thought the final scene with Kenobi handing the babies over to Beru had a nice emotional connection with Episode IV.

So while it wasn't the strongest Trilogy, I thought it was far better then a lot of fans give it credit for.

The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 07-14-2011, 10:14 AM   #496
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
at least every other superhero makes an attempt though. the first thing that Louis Lane should have said when seeing Superman in costume is "Oh hi Clark, are you wearing contacts?"

To which he should have responded "Shut up and take some dictation woman"

Old 07-14-2011, 10:17 AM   #497
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yen Man View Post

It wasn't as much the glasses as the natty haircurl that fulled everyone.

And from my understanding Kryptonight was pretty much indestructible.

I mean if I was going to fight Superman, the first thing I would do is make a uit of armor out of Kryptonite and then build about 60 .50 calibre bullets out of it and load up a machine gun with it.

Old 07-14-2011, 10:41 AM   #498
Tinordi
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Did you ever watch those Plinkett reviews of the prequels Captain?
Tinordi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 10:44 AM   #499
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Not all of them, they were a little too hysterical for me, that is if I'm thinking of the same reviews.

I rarely read or watch reviews of movies especially ones that I had been looking forward to for a long time.

The one thing also with the prequels, good or bad, they did spawn the excellent Clone Wars series.

Old 07-14-2011, 10:47 AM   #500
Bigtime
Franchise Player

Exp:

I wouldn't call the Plinkett reviews "hysterical", perhaps you are thinking of another reviewer? Plinkett sliced and diced up what was wrong with the prequels on such fundamental film-making levels that the reviews were better than the films themselves.
Bigtime is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bigtime For This Useful Post: