Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2016, 12:28 PM   #481
Flabbibulin
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ya, Windmill doesn't seem to have the greatest reputation for taking care of their courses.
Flabbibulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 06:18 PM   #482
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by united View Post
Yeah I played Silverwing last year, luckily for free, and what a waste of time that was. I couldn't imagine how I would have felt had I paid to play there. Half the course is ground under repair or white hard dirt as rohara said, bunkers filled with water, fairways with random patches of grass that are ankle to shin height. A true embarrassment to golf and golf in Calgary.

The conditions of Silverwing are why I'm somewhat skeptical of Mickelson National, as it's owned by the same Barry Ehlert guy (Windmill Golf) who runs the Silverwing scam and Springbank.
Springbank is good. Hamptons is awesome and owned by the same.

Played Bearspaw this afternoon. Shot 90. Was quite happy.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 06:50 PM   #483
AltaGuy
AltaGuy has a magnetic personality and exudes positive energy, which is infectious to those around him. He has an unparalleled ability to communicate with people, whether he is speaking to a room of three or an arena of 30,000.

Exp:

I hate Springbank! 9 holes of weirdness on a great piece of land, followed by 9 of the most boring holes ever assembled on the back.
AltaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 10:19 PM   #484
DoubleK
Franchise Player

Exp:

The biggest joke about Silverwing is that they had the nerve to host the monday qualifier for the ATB Classic.
DoubleK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 10:35 PM   #485
EuKnoLikeMonny
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Just shot a 92 at the Raven at Priddis, an all time best (previous best was 97). Pretty happy with that!
EuKnoLikeMonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 10:43 PM   #486
squiggs96
Franchise Player

Exp:

Stopped in for a quick nine tonight. Range was closed for the weekly clean pick, so I headed right to the 10th tee. For the first time I managed to find the range from the 10th tee, and almost hit one of the juniors. I ended up shooting a 41, with a double on the 1st (10th) and a double on #13 when I went OB off the tee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo View Post
Jesus this site these days
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnet Flame View Post
He just seemed like a very nice person. I loved Squiggy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
I should probably stop posting at this point
squiggs96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 06:51 PM   #487
TheSutterDynasty
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flabbibulin View Post
Just curious- do you have a pull slice or push slice? Although a slice is always about having an open face at impact relative to your path, identifying what type of slice you have is very important to solving the problem.
Not sure on the terminology. My ball always starts out nice and straight before curving wicked to the right.

I've been trying to diagnose it through these drills and modifications. Excited to try some of these suggestions at the range this weekend.

An environment in which a person encounters only beliefs or opinions that coincide with their own, so that their existing views are reinforced and alternative ideas are not considered.
TheSutterDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 07:44 PM   #488
AltaGuy
AltaGuy has a magnetic personality and exudes positive energy, which is infectious to those around him. He has an unparalleled ability to communicate with people, whether he is speaking to a room of three or an arena of 30,000.

Exp:

Lower ball flight or higher?
Old 05-20-2016, 10:22 AM   #489
TheSutterDynasty
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltaGuy View Post
Lower ball flight or higher?
Higher.

An environment in which a person encounters only beliefs or opinions that coincide with their own, so that their existing views are reinforced and alternative ideas are not considered.
Old 05-20-2016, 10:42 AM   #490
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltaGuy View Post
I hate Springbank! 9 holes of weirdness on a great piece of land, followed by 9 of the most boring holes ever assembled on the back.
I haven't been to Springbank in a few years but I always enjoyed the course.
calgarygeologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 10:21 PM   #491
AltaGuy

Exp:

Played confederation today. Coolest thing: in a tree on the right side of the second teebox there is a barred owl nest, with two parents and two large young ones. Got into a "hooting" match with the babies while teeing off. All four owls watched me top it badly (was by myself).

Anyway, worth checking out if you want to see a bunch of owls and play a lil golf too. Barred owls are very vocal and will hoot at you - it's pretty awesome.
Old 05-20-2016, 10:39 PM   #492
AltaGuy

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSutterDynasty View Post
Higher.
So it's an open clubface problem. Have you tried just using the same swing with a closed face?
Old 05-23-2016, 07:14 PM   #493
TheSutterDynasty
First Line Centre

Exp:

Happy to report back that I fixed my slice on the range today.

Appreciate all the input.

I attempted every suggestion plus some common slice problem drills I found on youtube. Tilting my body, addressing the ball more midline in my stance, closing my stance, and turning my wrists over all ended up increasing my slice. Based on my range attempts last week I really don't come across the ball right to left.

After about 90-100 balls hit on the range I ditched every drill I was trying and went by feel. I was hitting an iron shot, followed quickly by a driver to try and tell the difference (since I never slice an iron). It ended up being rotation of my leading (left arm). For some reason, maybe the steeper angle due to the longer shaft, I was rotating the lead arm into pronation/internal rotation. When I swung my clubhead was rotating counter-clockwise to catch up, spinning the ball.

Obviously impossible to diagnose without seeing video. I'm just glad I found a solution after 2 years of a crappy driver. And the only reason I say it's "fixed" is because the last 20-25 balls I hit were all straight; I could even draw the ball if I wanted to.

Excited for next round!

The Following User Says Thank You to TheSutterDynasty For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2016, 05:43 PM   #494
FragileMind
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Who does this?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...2161306&type=3

Last edited by FragileMind; 05-24-2016 at 05:49 PM.
FragileMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 07:53 PM   #495
DoubleK
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don't get it?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DoubleK For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2016, 09:05 PM   #496
malcolmk14
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don't understand...
malcolmk14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 09:10 PM   #497
AltaGuy

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FragileMind View Post
A courteous course with good service?
Old 05-25-2016, 12:08 AM   #498
FragileMind
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
They put a decal of the pin placements across the top of the wind screen.When the windscreen is folded down,it can only be viewed from in front of the cart and it is upside down.I don't think it was very well thought out.
It is things like this at Glen Eagles,and the complete absence of ball washers on a walkable course(Blue Devil)that get me steamed for the price they charge.
Old 05-25-2016, 12:47 AM   #499
DoubleK
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
They put a decal of the pin placements across the top of the wind screen.When the windscreen is folded down,it can only be viewed from in front of the cart and it is upside down.I don't think it was very well thought out.
It is things like this at Glen Eagles,and the complete absence of ball washers on a walkable course(Blue Devil)that get me steamed for the price they charge.
1. You shouldn't be golfing.

2. You shouldn't be complaining about golfing.

3. You should never post in this thread again.

4. You must be an Oilers fan.
Old 05-25-2016, 02:13 AM   #500
FragileMind
Backup Goalie

Exp:
Icon59

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleK View Post
1. You shouldn't be golfing.

2. You shouldn't be complaining about golfing.

3. You should never post in this thread again.

4. You must be an Oilers fan.
If this was an attempt at sarcasm,it doesn't come across that way.

1 .After this weekend,I had to golf today.Played with a couple of elderly ladies with a handicap flag on their cart.We had a blast.

2 .I never complain about golf.I love the game.I complain about stupid operators.Golf is a fair weather game.(windscreen down).

3. I will.

4.I was born there.So,yeah.

Tags
net5 , punch out , royal boulder , tpc fox hollow