Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-24-2024, 05:20 PM   #4941
Doctorfever
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
The problem is this talk of a way forward doesn't recognize the very large elephant in the room. Hamas is literally the organization that derailed and has prevented all peace talks. The Israelis and Palestinians were likely on the very of a comprehensive peace deal until Hamas, who's stated goal is to prevent that from happening took over.

Once again, if anyone can show how this supposed way forward works with Hamas in control, I'd like to hear it.
Exactly.

It’s like talking about the colour you should paint your walls while your house is on fire.

“So I’m thinking of an olive accent wall here in the living room, maybe we start after the kitchen stops burning”

Some people love talking about two things at once. Just have no idea what they are talking about.
Old 01-24-2024, 05:36 PM   #4942
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffFletcher View Post
Now ask Bagor why he thinks denouncing the attacks on Gaza as genocide for a 60th or 70th or 80th time in this thread will add anything at all to the discussion.
To which the same group feels the need to argue it’s not. Has anyone argued that Hamas shouldn’t be removed or eliminated? Feel free to quote the posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctorfever View Post
Exactly.

It’s like talking about the colour you should paint your walls while your house is on fire.

“So I’m thinking of an olive accent wall here in the living room, maybe we start after the kitchen stops burning”

Some people love talking about two things at once. Just have no idea what they are talking about.
If you actually think that’s an even remotely logical comparable, you have no idea what you’re talking about.

Imagine discussing how to secure long term peace going forward while a country is approaching short term peace in a way that makes long term peace less and less possible by the day.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2024, 10:27 PM   #4943
Harry Lime
Franchise Player

Exp:

A few posters have made this thread unreadable. It's one of the few subjects where I can't get a quick overview of what's happening by coming to CP.

Or maybe this is what's happening. Entrenched sides that won't budge until everyone is dead and buried.
Old 01-24-2024, 10:50 PM   #4944
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffFletcher View Post
Now ask Bagor why he thinks denouncing the attacks on Gaza as genocide for a 60th or 70th or 80th time in this thread will add anything at all to the discussion.
Because it is.

Bagor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2024, 10:51 PM   #4945
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post
A few posters have made this thread unreadable. It's one of the few subjects where I can't get a quick overview of what's happening by coming to CP.

Or maybe this is what's happening. Entrenched sides that won't budge until everyone is dead and buried.
Define what you mean by sides.

Old 01-24-2024, 11:14 PM   #4946
Harry Lime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagor View Post
Define what you mean by sides.
Side of bacon. Side of eggs.
Old 01-24-2024, 11:33 PM   #4947
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Side of bacon. Side of eggs.
No. Don't deflect.
What do you consider to be the sides that you speak of?

Old 01-25-2024, 12:10 AM   #4948
Harry Lime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
No. Don't deflect.
What do you consider to be the sides that you speak of?
Deflect? You're the angriest person I've ever seen on here. I would say that you are on a side. The other side gets mushy, as there are people who are taking a hardline stance against Hamas, mixed in with people that know history and have seen this sort of thing before. The latter sort of people aren't even arguing against you, but there is no traction because history is unemotional, and the reaction in real time is emotion. They are just not compatible.

That's why this thread is unreadable. Arguments are occurring with no possibility of resolution, and in circles we go.
Old 01-25-2024, 01:04 AM   #4949
Manhattanboy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Saw this and thought it was funny: Rather than the Academy we should say it was Hamas that snubbed Margot Robbie for an Oscar so that feminists would condemn them.
Manhattanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2024, 01:05 AM   #4950
ignite09
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Last edited by ignite09; 01-25-2024 at 06:52 AM.
ignite09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2024, 01:55 AM   #4951
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Deflect? You're the angriest person I've ever seen on here. I would say that you are on a side. The other side gets mushy, as there are people who are taking a hardline stance against Hamas, mixed in with people that know history and have seen this sort of thing before. The latter sort of people aren't even arguing against you, but there is no traction because history is unemotional, and the reaction in real time is emotion. They are just not compatible.

That's why this thread is unreadable. Arguments are occurring with no possibility of resolution, and in circles we go.
Yes. Deflect. I'm simply asking you to describe the "sides" as you see it. But that appears to have triggered you.

Third time of asking. Are you able to describe the side that you believe me to be on? And the other side you speak of?

Old 01-25-2024, 07:47 AM   #4952
Doctorfever
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
Imagine discussing how to secure long term peace going forward while a country is approaching short term peace in a way that makes long term peace less and less possible by the day.
Please, lay out what you think would work, given the current situation.
Old 01-25-2024, 08:13 AM   #4953
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Please, lay out what you think would work, given the current situation.
To be honest, you’re really not worth the time.

You think giving Palestinians a state is equivalent to choosing what wallpaper you want to put in your house and respond to serious questions with answers like “math.” You’re not a serious person and it would be probably better if you just took interest in the topic outside of this thread and just looked into what some scholars and experts have to say on the subject.

Even if they agree or disagree with what I think, I don’t care, just read something intelligent and come back with an opinion informed by something actually worthwhile so that you have something to add to the discussion.
Old 01-25-2024, 08:26 AM   #4954
Doctorfever
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

That’s what I thought you would say.
Old 01-25-2024, 08:47 AM   #4955
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
That’s what I thought you would say.
See, I was actually expecting you to follow up with “You could just answer the question” or something like that, so this isn’t exactly how I thought you would respond, but it’s pretty close.

Thanks for proving my point.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 01-25-2024, 10:59 AM   #4956
Harry Lime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Yes. Deflect. I'm simply asking you to describe the "sides" as you see it. But that appears to have triggered you.

Third time of asking. Are you able to describe the side that you believe me to be on? And the other side you speak of?
I was trying to be nice to you. You are confrontational on every single post. If anyone says anything you don't like, you yell genocide and babies. You sir, are trolling this page, and it makes it unreadable.

This may not be intentional, as I think that you are genuinely upset by what it going on in Israel and Gaza, but you always shut down conversation.

I'm on the side of a readable thread, and you are on the other side. Perhaps change your posting style.
Old 01-25-2024, 12:23 PM   #4957
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Why are you getting so defensive over a simple request to clafify your post and define what you mean by sides? You talk about the quality of the thread but you've derailed it yourself by simply refusing to answer a simple question .

Yes I will continue to state the fact that babies are being slaughtered at a daily rate of circa 100/day. That genocide and ethnic cleansing is happening. Too bad that this triggers a few of you.

Lol. I'm trolling. And your response to a simple request for you to clarify your post is side of eggs. Sure?

Now. Are you going to stay on track and simply answer the question and explain what you consider the two sides that you state of to be? No idea what your issue is with that question.

Old 01-26-2024, 01:08 AM   #4958
Southside403
Scoring Winger

Exp:

https://youtu.be/KRUv4dS7NLQ?si=CcJeSvdvP7-tOR-k
Female Israeli soldier raped
Southside403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2024, 02:10 AM   #4959
Snuffleupagus
Franchise Player

Exp:

Sides?

I'm on the side that says kill all savage religious terrorists at all costs before they get their lunatic hands on a nuke and screw the whole world up.

What side are you on Bagor?
Snuffleupagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2024, 07:20 AM   #4960
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:
Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
Sides?

I'm on the side that says kill all savage religious terrorists at all costs before they get their lunatic hands on a nuke and screw the whole world up.

What side are you on Bagor?
Thank you for taking the time to articulate your side.

I'm on half your side. Absolutely eliminate all savage religious or non religious terrorists. But absolutely not at all costs.

Not at the cost of hundreds of civilians being killed a day from deliberate indiscriminate bombing of innocents including children and infants. Not by the deliberate execution of innocents waving flags. Not by the killing of innocents through deliberate deprivation of basic human essentials such as food, water, medical supplies and shelter. Not by the deliberate destruction of schools, hospitals. places of worship, universities, cemeteries etc.
Basically. Not genocide. I'm sorry that this word triggers people but it's simply stating what is.

Basically I'm on the side of the ICJ ruling.

Take all measures to prevent acts of genocide. Far thing from at all costs

Last edited by Bagor; 01-26-2024 at 07:22 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bagor For This Useful Post: