Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who would you vote for?
Biden 6 66.67%
Trump 3 33.33%
Kanye/other/Independent 0 0%
Would not vote 0 0%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2020, 11:33 AM   #4901
Minnie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Behind NSFW tags because naughty word.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Minnie For This Useful Post:
Old 11-07-2020, 11:35 AM   #4902
EldrickOnIce
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ignite09 View Post
I know what I've seen from both sides for years now, and one side playing the victim to the other is pathetic. You're not victims, quit acting like it.
Who is you're?

Not sure how well equipped Biden is tobgovern lots of different aspects of the country but I am very confident he is the very best possible to heal wounds, which is the most important thing there is right now.
Old 11-07-2020, 11:36 AM   #4903
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Member the "I told you so's" from early in this thread

I member
Old 11-07-2020, 11:39 AM   #4904
Scornfire
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoLevi View Post
1973, Biden enters politics.

1974, 1975, 1976, 1977, 1978, 1979, 1980, 1981, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1988,

::takes breath::

1989, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000,

....wait for it...

2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010.

....almost there....

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020.

2021: BIDEN FINALLY FIXES THE COUNTRY

Are you implying Biden had carte blanche to enact whatever policies he felt like from the moment he entered public service?
Old 11-07-2020, 11:40 AM   #4905
BoLevi
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Jack View Post
The notion Bo Levi mentions Trump pushing - ‘they hate you because they hate me’ just makes me laugh. It’s almost a woe is me angle but it’s like a bully try to make the ones they torment feel bad for them once they finally start to stand up or dish similar medicine. The Republicans seem to constantly have their cake and eat it too and on pretty much every issue that is running rampant in America. Do you really think the bad things or corrosive things some Dems say (even when the usual motto here is when they go low we go high) is a corrosive as the garbage the right spews one the daily especially the last4 years where the absurdity has grown to an insane level.

Come on man. We are talking pebbles and boulders when we talk about which side is more corrosive, divisive and offensive in how they interact and talk about the other side.

I can’t tell you how happy I am to see Biden as the 46th POTUS elect; let’s hope America can get out of its own way now and deal with decorum and patriotism over the coming months towards Jan 20th.
It's remarkable the amount of times you hear a version of the following said without recognizing the irony (even in this thread regularly):

"I can't believe 70 million idiots voted for that divisive moron."
Old 11-07-2020, 11:41 AM   #4906
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

Theo Fleury isn't very happy...

https://twitter.com/user/status/1325127145857933312

https://twitter.com/user/status/1325131371585523719

Old 11-07-2020, 11:42 AM   #4907
Caged Great
Franchise Player

Exp:
lanny

Quote:
Yup.

You can't have one half of the country calling the other half of the country subhuman trash for four years then magically get kumbaya.

One of the few smart things Trump said was in a speech to his supporters.

"They don't hate you because they hate me. They hate me because they hate you "

Trump voters know the blue state people hate them... The amount of anti republican voter vitriole that comes from the democrats and their supporters is intense and can hardly be ignored.
Speaking as a liberal. I do not hate anyone as a person. I do hate actions of intolerance and hatred towards other people. If you have Ideas to debate I would be more than happy to. However, The problem I have with the current iteration of republicanism is that there are no ideas. It all boils down to the common denominator of white is better than right. If there are specific ideas or policies, sure let's go and have a talk about them.

The problem i have is with say foreigners taking jobs and some republican vitriol being thrown at the immigrants themselves. They aren't doing anything intrinsically wrong, procedurally perhaps. They are trying to improve their lot in life just like anyone else. That doesn't make them bad or worthy of vilification. They are just poor people wanting to feed their families. The problem i have is the rights focus on that vilification instead of talking about ideas to actually solve the systemic problem (economic hardships in the countries they are fleeing) instead of the symptom (people showing up).

The problem i feel is that in a lot of ways both sides do not listen when the other is talking and feel personally attacked for their views. Some are worthy of repudiation, but not all.
Fireside Chat - The #1 Flames Fan Podcast - FiresideChat.ca
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Caged Great For This Useful Post:
Old 11-07-2020, 11:44 AM   #4908
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Looks like Biden's team is already putting together their own COVID task force. I hope he keeps a spot open for Fauci. That guy still deserves to be a part of this.

https://www.axios.com/scoop-biden-to...P9m8jYcmlfNWbc

Last edited by direwolf; 11-07-2020 at 11:49 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to direwolf For This Useful Post:
Old 11-07-2020, 11:46 AM   #4909
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

Don’t want to go back and try to find the posts, but kudos to those of you who threw a few bucks down on Biden when the odds started swinging towards Trump. Wish I would have done the same. Well done.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KootenayFlamesFan For This Useful Post:
Old 11-07-2020, 11:47 AM   #4910
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scornfire View Post
Are you implying Biden had carte blanche to enact whatever policies he felt like from the moment he entered public service?
Well, he won't now, either. And he certainly won't fix the country. He'll hardly be able to do anything, because the GOP-controlled Senate will simply continue its policy of "nothing any Democratic administration wants to do is getting done".

Of course, that is still a significant improvement.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CorsiHockeyLeague For This Useful Post:
Old 11-07-2020, 11:47 AM   #4911
Yoho
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1325132721895604224
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Yoho For This Useful Post:
Old 11-07-2020, 11:47 AM   #4912
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by direwolf View Post
Looks like Biden's team is already putting together their own COVID task force. I hope he keeps a spot open for Fauci. That still guy deserves to be a part of this.

Can Trump fire Fauci still? Trump was saying Fauci was gone after the election up to a week ago.
Old 11-07-2020, 11:47 AM   #4913
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KootenayFlamesFan View Post
Don’t want to go back and try to find the posts, but kudos to those of you who threw a few bucks down on Biden when the odds started swinging towards Trump. Wish I would have done the same. Well done.
I put $40 on Joe taking Arizona on the 3rd. I am proud.

The Following User Says Thank You to TheScorpion For This Useful Post:
Old 11-07-2020, 11:48 AM   #4914
Looch City
Looooooooooooooch

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by direwolf View Post
Looks like Biden's team is already putting together their own COVID task force. I hope he keeps a spot open for Fauci. That still guy deserves to be a part of this.

My hope is Trump is so defeated and down that just fades into obscurity and Biden and Co take over starting mid Nov.
The Following User Says Thank You to Looch City For This Useful Post:
Old 11-07-2020, 11:51 AM   #4915
BoLevi
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caged Great View Post
Speaking as a liberal. I do not hate anyone as a person. I do hate actions of intolerance and hatred towards other people. If you have Ideas to debate I would be more than happy to. However, The problem I have with the current iteration of republicanism is that there are no ideas. It all boils down to the common denominator of white is better than right. If there are specific ideas or policies, sure let's go and have a talk about them.

The problem i have is with say foreigners taking jobs and some republican vitriol being thrown at the immigrants themselves. They aren't doing anything intrinsically wrong, procedurally perhaps. They are trying to improve their lot in life just like anyone else. That doesn't make them bad or worthy of vilification. They are just poor people wanting to feed their families. The problem i have is the rights focus on that vilification instead of talking about ideas to actually solve the systemic problem (economic hardships in the countries they are fleeing) instead of the symptom (people showing up).

The problem i feel is that in a lot of ways both sides do not listen when the other is talking and feel personally attacked for their views. Some are worthy of repudiation, but not all.
Good post.

(Although I think Biden's platform for this election was pretty much just that he was not Trump. Sanders and Yang had actual agendas, which is almost certainly why they didn't get nominated).

The error that blue-staters aren't recognizing in themselves is that they think they aren't contributing to the caustic tenor of the national conversation. They are wrong on this, and I'm pointing that out.
Old 11-07-2020, 11:51 AM   #4916
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caged Great View Post

I will say there are a lot of strawmen arguments from the right. But there are some legit ones as well and they should be discussed. The left are the ones calling people sexist, racist, homophobes over everything. Even today, when the minority votes increased for Trump in this election, and entire Texas hispanic counties flipped, well, they're white now, or they're stupid. There were many issues, right or wrong, that people voted for.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GirlySports For This Useful Post:
Old 11-07-2020, 11:52 AM   #4917
KevanGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
1973, Biden enters politics.

1974, 1975, 1976, 1977, 1978, 1979, 1980, 1981, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1988,

::takes breath::

1989, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000,

....wait for it...

2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010.

....almost there....

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020.

2021: BIDEN FINALLY FIXES THE COUNTRY
Derp.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to KevanGuy For This Useful Post:
Old 11-07-2020, 11:54 AM   #4918
Izzle
First Line Centre

Exp:

Trudeau was the first world leader to congratulate Biden and Harris I believe.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Old 11-07-2020, 11:55 AM   #4919
calculoso
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzle View Post
Trudeau was the first world leader to congratulate Biden and Harris I believe.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Hopefully he did more than have his staff write a tweet for him
Old 11-07-2020, 11:56 AM   #4920
burn_this_city
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
Member the "I told you so's" from early in this thread

I member
The Tuesday night post mortems were hilarious.

Congrats to everyone who made money betting on Biden after Trump won Florida.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to burn_this_city For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread