Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2021, 01:37 PM   #4861
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weitz View Post
Bear got boarded from behind worse than that Kassian hit. Not a mention obviously.

Kassian wasn’t going to fight because he just came back from his broken hand. Bieksa was right that they gave him a pass for it.

So Kassian gets a clean hit from Tkachuk, jumps him from behind and horse collars him and then Kassian whines about the code.

Then knowing that he has a broken hand and can't fight charges and hits a player from behind knowing that he can't answer the bell.

Oiler fans can no longer talk about the code, dirty hits or anything here, they have zero credibility. And Kassian is a scumbag coward, who when challenged face to face can only examine his skate laces. After serving a 7 game suspension for kicking, he should be gone for double that now. Everytime that scumbag goes to hit, its either a charge or leaving his feet. He's as bad as Wilson.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 03-21-2021, 01:46 PM   #4862
stang
CP's Fraser Crane

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
It's an interference penalty because the puck was gone...really he just bumped him.

Pull ur RV
Russell
Kassian

All turtles this year for the Oilers
First off you don’t seem to know what turtle means

Second no idea why JP or Russell are brought into this.
Old 03-21-2021, 01:47 PM   #4863
stang
CP's Fraser Crane

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Then he shouldn't be throwing garbage cheap shots. But he just can't help it, he's a gutless spot picking cheap shot artist.

Since he can't fight, and cried off the Jets should have gone hard after McDavid and Draisaitl. Since Kassian you know can't fight.

Kassian was suspended a year ago for 7 games, that was his fourth suspension, I believe two of them were for major cheap shots. The league needs to throw the book at the coward.

Or the next time the Jets play the Oilers they should run every good player on the Oilers through the boards.
You can just feel the anger in your posts. I like it.
Old 03-21-2021, 01:48 PM   #4864
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stang View Post
First off you don’t seem to know what turtle means

Second no idea why JP or Russell are brought into this.
Because they are also Oilers that turtled this season
Old 03-21-2021, 01:53 PM   #4865
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Backlund on Suzuki for one

https://youtu.be/aJI-Pyjc6XE

I’m just saying the NHL isn’t going to suspend
Not a fan of the Backlund hit and should be a penalty, but there was absolutely zero follow-through with the hit. In fact, you can tell that he let up at the last second and kept his arms to himself.

Kassian followed through with a much forceful hit from behind.
Old 03-21-2021, 02:23 PM   #4866
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
You can just feel the anger in your posts. I like it.
Not really angry. First of all, and again I state, Oiler fans that cry about any other team being dirty is laughable. You have Kassian who is a grade A scumbag. You have Mcdavid who has jumped more then one Flame from behind. dives like the Latvian dving team. You have Draisaitl and Yamamoto who are the kinds of the slew foot.

Yet Oiler fans continually whine and cry about officiating and other teams taking Liberties.

The hit by Kassian was from behind where he came half way across the ice, its a prime example of the crap that needs to be out of the game. Period. The fact that he knew he wouldn't answer the bell because of his hand, yet he still did it shows he's less then pond scum. Any coach on realizing that he doesn't want to fight should be upping the physical game against the holy diver.

Its great that the Oilers are having another one of their fluky years. Its great that the Oiler fans hype train is through the roof, with the whole, we're cup contenders, and look at us we're awesome bragging. It always turns into ashes in their mouth, and when things get back to normal, they'll do their usual thing, drop out of the playoffs and planning their draft parties while Oiler fans whine that they deserve another first over all pick.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 03-21-2021, 02:50 PM   #4867
stang
CP's Fraser Crane

Exp:

Quote:
Not really angry. First of all, and again I state, Oiler fans that cry about any other team being dirty is laughable. You have Kassian who is a grade A scumbag. You have Mcdavid who has jumped more then one Flame from behind. dives like the Latvian dving team. You have Draisaitl and Yamamoto who are the kinds of the slew foot.

Yet Oiler fans continually whine and cry about officiating and other teams taking Liberties.

The hit by Kassian was from behind where he came half way across the ice, its a prime example of the crap that needs to be out of the game. Period. The fact that he knew he wouldn't answer the bell because of his hand, yet he still did it shows he's less then pond scum. Any coach on realizing that he doesn't want to fight should be upping the physical game against the holy diver.

Its great that the Oilers are having another one of their fluky years. Its great that the Oiler fans hype train is through the roof, with the whole, we're cup contenders, and look at us we're awesome bragging. It always turns into ashes in their mouth, and when things get back to normal, they'll do their usual thing, drop out of the playoffs and planning their draft parties while Oiler fans whine that they deserve another first over all pick.

Just so you’re aware flames do all the same stuff you just accused the oilers players of doing too. What you going to do I guess?
Old 03-21-2021, 03:11 PM   #4868
Burn13
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Kassian turtles on Lowry.
Old 03-21-2021, 03:13 PM   #4869
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Sorry, we don't have a head hunting spot picking Kassian on our team. While Johnny does embellish and dive, McDavid is the master of the dive whine stare at the referee.

Any Oiler fan that roles out the whole Flames are dirty, or Tkachuk is a turtle really needs to go to rehab.

The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 03-21-2021, 03:42 PM   #4870
stang
CP's Fraser Crane

Exp:

Quote:
Sorry, we don't have a head hunting spot picking Kassian on our team. While Johnny does embellish and dive, McDavid is the master of the dive whine stare at the referee.

Any Oiler fan that roles out the whole Flames are dirty, or Tkachuk is a turtle really needs to go to rehab.
You do really believe yourself don’t you?

I mean Tkachuk is the definition of head hunting spot picking. And of course Johnny is a diver and whiner. Johnny and Tkachuk like there slewfoots too. I know you’ll never admit it wearing your homer glasses. But whatever. It’s fun to read.
Old 03-21-2021, 03:52 PM   #4871
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

You have to admit stang, for all the 'turtle' talk I've read from some Oiler fans over the past few years, the guy actually does drop the mitts. Since he and Kassian had their little feud he's fought something like 8 or 9 times, Kassian I think once. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, I may be off a fight or two.

Basically, yes Tkachuk can be dirty and makes some really stupid plays that I don't like, but he actually will fight. He's not a turtle. He actually plays by the 'code' a lot more than Kassian does.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to KootenayFlamesFan For This Useful Post:
Old 03-21-2021, 03:53 PM   #4872
Boreal
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
You do really believe yourself don’t you?

I mean Tkachuk is the definition of head hunting spot picking. And of course Johnny is a diver and whiner. Johnny and Tkachuk like there slewfoots too. I know you’ll never admit it wearing your homer glasses. But whatever. It’s fun to read.
You misspelled “their”.

Nice false equivalencies however. Very much in alignment with no good.

Get back to everyone when someone on the Flames is suspended for kicking an opponent in the chest with their skates.
Old 03-21-2021, 04:02 PM   #4873
AC
Resident Videologist

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KootenayFlamesFan View Post
You have to admit stang, for all the 'turtle' talk I've read from some Oiler fans over the past few years, the guy actually does drop the mitts. Since he and Kassian had their little feud he's fought something like 8 or 9 times, Kassian I think once. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, I may be off a fight or two.

Basically, yes Tkachuk can be dirty and makes some really stupid plays that I don't like, but he actually will fight. He's not a turtle. He actually plays by the 'code' a lot more than Kassian does.
Yeah, Tkachuk 9 fights since being called a turtle (Kassian, Bear, JT Miller, Lauzon, Wheeler, Perry, Chiarot, Neal, and Holl).

Kassian has 2 (Tkachuk and Gudbranson).
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to AC For This Useful Post:
Old 03-21-2021, 04:25 PM   #4874
sa226
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

To this day in my hockey Fandom, the 2 most "I feel like I'm taking crazy pills" things are the Wideman incident (How people think that he intentionally and maliciously concussed a linesman is a line of thinking I don't understand)

And Tkachuk. Tkachuk is a rat, don't get me wrong, but I don't see this great villain that the rest of the league sees. I don't think he's even really dirty. He seems to have more notoriety than Marchand or Burrows and one is licking dudes and the other is biting fingers.

He lays huge clean hits on Kassian, then perpetual screw loose man goes beserk. I'd need to see a replay again but did Tkachuk ever get the opportunity to fight? Or did Kassian just horse collar him? On the ice, fair enough, Tkachuk knew exactly who he was hitting. In a way it sorted itself out. But the media narrative of dirt bag Tkachuk targeting honorable Kassian and then unwilling to fight was embarrassing. To boot, it seems the Sportsnet stock photo for the battle of Alberta is Kassian throwing punches at Tkachuk. What about the photo of Tkachuk looking back over his shoulder at a crumpled Kassian? You don't see that picture anywhere. It's kind of embarrassing really. It's even crazier that in a dual of star power and credibility, seemingly in this incident, in everyone's eyes Kassian comes out on top. Zack freaking Kassian.

I'm not losing sleep over this stuff, but I do sometimes feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

Last edited by sa226; 03-21-2021 at 04:29 PM.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to sa226 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-21-2021, 04:29 PM   #4875
AC
Resident Videologist

Exp:

Even how SNET chooses to editorialize things is very transparent.

As mentioned, the Neal/Tkachuk fight video uploaded by SNET is titled:
"James Neal Takes Matthew Tkachuk Down With One Punch To End Lengthy Tilt"

SNET titled the Khaira/Ritchie fight:
"Flames' Brett Ritchie and Oilers' Jujhar Khaira Get In Spirited Tilt"

No mention of the KO or retribution for a dirty headshot. Hmm...
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to AC For This Useful Post:
Old 03-21-2021, 04:31 PM   #4876
stang
CP's Fraser Crane

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC View Post
Yeah, Tkachuk 9 fights since being called a turtle (Kassian, Bear, JT Miller, Lauzon, Wheeler, Perry, Chiarot, Neal, and Holl).

Kassian has 2 (Tkachuk and Gudbranson).
Yup I’ll give him some credit for fighting, but that list doesn’t scream tough guy by no means. 2 rookies, 3 skill players, 2 senior citizens. But yup credit where it’s due, more guys want to fight him then Kassian.

I’m not arguing about if he should be called a turtle, because I think he stood up the next game and took the fight. Give him props for that. I just find it funny when Kassian get called a spot picker. IMO neither team should be saying anything. Both have players who whine to the refs, both have guys throwing slewfoots (although it seems they only do it against each other to be fair) and both have players who cross the line sometimes. Classic case of pot calling the kettle black. For both teams.
Old 03-21-2021, 04:55 PM   #4877
Captain Otto
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Ohhh... I get it now.

When it's the Oilers being ######s and turtling or leveling dirty hits, the narrative is, "come on guys, both teams do it."

But when it's the Flames, the narrative is solely about how the flames are dirty and avoid fights, etc.

Got it.
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Captain Otto For This Useful Post:
Old 03-21-2021, 05:17 PM   #4878
Yobbo
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Love this!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Yobbo For This Useful Post:
Old 03-21-2021, 05:18 PM   #4879
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC View Post
Even how SNET chooses to editorialize things is very transparent.

As mentioned, the Neal/Tkachuk fight video uploaded by SNET is titled:
"James Neal Takes Matthew Tkachuk Down With One Punch To End Lengthy Tilt"

SNET titled the Khaira/Ritchie fight:
"Flames' Brett Ritchie and Oilers' Jujhar Khaira Get In Spirited Tilt"

No mention of the KO or retribution for a dirty headshot. Hmm...
Yeah, it's pretty blatant which way they lean.

It's one thing to pump the tires of McDavid as fans of the game - I think on some level one can look past that - but its another to be quietly peddling pro-Oilers headlines on your game highlights as a national provider for all Canadian fanbases.

Everyone saw Ritchie and Khaira as a straight up KO, and yet it's Neal crunching his own hand on Tkachuks helmet like a moron that somehow qualifies as a "take down" to these losers. Go figure.

I wish we got a TSN deal. That cesspool of oiler and leaf people could do their cheerleading all they want on their own network that I would happily never watch.
Old 03-21-2021, 05:27 PM   #4880
1Nite
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Anyone ever defending that Doofus just needs go look at the work he did on Sam Gagner, and taunting the oiler bench about it.
The Following User Says Thank You to 1Nite For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread