Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2022, 07:39 PM   #4801
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Ya the story I read made it sound like he said they discussed other DC projects but that’s not what it sounds like at all. He done.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2022, 09:26 PM   #4802
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

*Liam Hemsworth Laughs Manically*

"All your Netflix Bucks are belong to us!!!"

Henry Cavill is a strange man and at the moment WB-Discovery is operating like an Itchy & Scratchy cartoon.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2022, 10:12 PM   #4803
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

So a Superman movie about Clark Kent as a cub reporter meeting people like Lois Lane for the first time.

That sounds awful to me. Guess we’ll see in the execution.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2022, 10:20 PM   #4804
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post
So a Superman movie about Clark Kent as a cub reporter meeting people like Lois Lane for the first time.

That sounds awful to me. Guess we’ll see in the execution.
It seems like it will really fit in seamlessly into the current ethos of the DCEU.

Could they potentially have an entire Superman movie where he doesnt throw a single punch?

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Old 12-14-2022, 10:25 PM   #4805
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
It seems like it will really fit in seamlessly into the current ethos of the DCEU.

Could they potentially have an entire Superman movie where he doesnt throw a single punch?
You mean yet another Superman movie where he doesn't throw a punch? The weird orgy with minors director guy already made that movie and it ####ing sucked. You know, the one where we found out superman raped lois lane and then memory wiped her.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2022, 10:30 PM   #4806
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
You mean yet another Superman movie where he doesn't throw a punch? The weird orgy with minors director guy already made that movie and it ####ing sucked. You know, the one where we found out superman raped lois lane and then memory wiped her.
He should have just spun the planet in reverse! Every time-travel pro knows thats how its done.

That or fly around the sun.

Old 12-15-2022, 12:22 AM   #4807
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

At least I'll always have the Snyder Cut. In the article it also talked about Affleck directing a DC film, I wonder if he takes a crack again at Batman now that he's in a much healthier place in his life
Nadal Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2022, 07:09 AM   #4808
Matata
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
*Liam Hemsworth Laughs Manically*

"All your Netflix Bucks are belong to us!!!"

Henry Cavill is a strange man and at the moment WB-Discovery is operating like an Itchy & Scratchy cartoon.
Cavill is a legit hardcore nerd and is leaving The Witcher because they aren't remaining true to the original lore. Netflix filled the writer's room with woke writers who hate the original story and just see The Witcher as a springboard for them to tell their own stories. If they stuck with the original lore, they'd have to murder Cavill to get him off the show. Before the show even started he was very vocal about how important it was to him to remain faithful to the original lore and that was his primary motivation for even doing it.
Matata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2022, 07:54 AM   #4809
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matata View Post
Cavill is a legit hardcore nerd and is leaving The Witcher because they aren't remaining true to the original lore. Netflix filled the writer's room with woke writers who hate the original story and just see The Witcher as a springboard for them to tell their own stories. If they stuck with the original lore, they'd have to murder Cavill to get him off the show. Before the show even started he was very vocal about how important it was to him to remain faithful to the original lore and that was his primary motivation for even doing it.
He's also already worth about $50 million and has looks that will guarantee him unlimited high end work for the rest of his life.

He has the luxury of picking and choosing.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2022, 08:22 AM   #4810
Yeah_Baby
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

I stopped reading this here
Check out The Pod-Wraiths: A Star Trek Deep Space Nine Podcast
Yeah_Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Yeah_Baby For This Useful Post:
Old 12-15-2022, 08:56 AM   #4811
Matata
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah_Baby View Post

Have you been watching Netflix? They are pretty transparent about hiring their producers and writers on a politics first basis.
Old 12-15-2022, 09:02 AM   #4812
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Have you been watching Netflix? They are pretty transparent about hiring their producers and writers on a politics first basis.
No one is forcing you to pay for it.
Old 12-15-2022, 09:20 AM   #4813
Matata
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach View Post
No one is forcing you to pay for it.

Just stating my preference for enjoying great art over being berated by a bunch of hacks.
Old 12-15-2022, 09:41 AM   #4814
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah_Baby View Post
I can't believe you read any of his drivel

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to undercoverbrother For This Useful Post:
Old 12-15-2022, 09:49 AM   #4815
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Cavill leaving DC sucks, but I get it. They want a fresh start and to put their own stamp on it.

He was a really good Superman put in an unfortunate circumstance.

I am guessing Feige has already called him though lol. I know there were rumours before of some sort of collaboration, but I don't see anyway it DOESN"T happen now.

DC's loss will be the MCU's gain.
Old 12-15-2022, 10:13 AM   #4816
Yeah_Baby
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

That's cool if the adaptive choices don't work for you, but I think we should for smart and informed media analysis and not asinine Jordan Peterson like Truth Social talking points.
Old 12-15-2022, 10:13 AM   #4817
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

I hope MCU snatch him up. He seems like a good dude, solid actor and is built like a superhero.

Captain Britain is the obvious choice. Sentry might be interesting but is a little too close to Superman. If they're continuing to do space stuff, Gladiator would be fun but probably too small a role and they'd need to do something with the silly mohawk.
KTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KTrain For This Useful Post:
Old 12-15-2022, 11:40 AM   #4818
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTrain View Post
I hope MCU snatch him up. He seems like a good dude, solid actor and is built like a superhero.

Captain Britain is the obvious choice. Sentry might be interesting but is a little too close to Superman. If they're continuing to do space stuff, Gladiator would be fun but probably too small a role and they'd need to do something with the silly mohawk.
Although....they could do that just to troll DC for the lulz?

What this rivalry needs is a little spite.

DC went and poached Gunn, time to fire back!

I'm just spitballing because I've found most of the comic movie offerings rather dull so we have to get our entertainment from somewhere and in the wake of Musk taking over twitter and essentially just flushing it, large corporations acting like petulant children is the entertainment of the day!!

Old 12-15-2022, 02:42 PM   #4819
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Next year DC is set to release 4 movies, I wonder if any of them will be a hit or if there is absolutely no excitement left and they all tank. Hard to get excited for a movie when there is really no path forward. WB is doing a great job killing DC comics like they did to Looney Tunes.
Nadal Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2022, 03:03 PM   #4820
Yeah_Baby
Franchise Player

Exp:

do they even release THE FLASH now? Or do they BATGIRL it?