Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who do you think gets to meet Lucile first?
Glenn 66 47.14%
Rosita 0 0%
Daryl 10 7.14%
Michonne 2 1.43%
Abe 31 22.14%
Maggie 4 2.86%
Rick 2 1.43%
Sasha 2 1.43%
Aaron 7 5.00%
Carl 1 0.71%
Eugene 14 10.00%
Somebody else 1 0.71%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-26-2016, 01:10 AM   #461
Alberta_Beef
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm not a fan of Talking Dead because it's not my cup of tea, but I totally see where Locke is coming from and why it appeals to many people.
Alberta_Beef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 07:21 AM   #462
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta_Beef View Post
The lion is the king of the jungle, not the tiger.

It is a character from a comic
Fun fact, but lions don't live in the jungle. The natural habitat for lions is in the savanna.

And obtaining a domestic tiger probably isn't as far-fetched as it seems:

http://www.worldwildlife.org/stories...an-in-the-wild

Last edited by FlamesAddiction; 10-26-2016 at 07:42 AM.
FlamesAddiction is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FlamesAddiction For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2016, 07:33 AM   #463
Nyah
First Line Centre

Exp:

I think the Talking Dead would be so much better if there were less than half of the commercials they have now (although that just seems to be an AMC problem in general) and no Chris Hardwick. I find him so over the top. I do enjoy watching the cast together though and I did watch the one on Sunday. I think Michael Cudlitz was wasted.
Nyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 08:06 AM   #464
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyah View Post
I think the Talking Dead would be so much better if there were less than half of the commercials they have now (although that just seems to be an AMC problem in general) and no Chris Hardwick. I find him so over the top. I do enjoy watching the cast together though and I did watch the one on Sunday. I think Michael Cudlitz was wasted.
Man does AMC ever milk TWD for advertising revenue. I assume PVR's have not dominated the US seeing that advertisers continue to pay for commercials that a portion of the audience is never watching them. I always watch shows about 30 minutes late so we can skip all the ads. I do it a lot with football as well. I imagine this will eventually lead to the end of commercials once PVR's are in every household.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2016, 08:08 AM   #465
dobbles
addition by subtraction

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Other than little bits here and there 'Talking Dead' doesnt really do a whole lot. Theres fan interaction and producer involvement but it doesnt add a whole hell of a lot other than a small trailer for the next week's show.

I havent even watched this week's talking dead.
I think for talking dead the preview shown at the end is usually useless in terms of spoilers. This was a pretty rare occurrence that something meaningful was learned. Normally its a character specific intense scene that they show 30 seconds of. And really in general they don't spoil anything. All of the show people are very tight lipped and conservative about what they say.

Once in a while they will talk about how a new character is starting in the new episode or announce that an actor has been hired for character X. If someone doesn't read the comics, what exactly is that even spoiling??? The only reason that all of this started is Corsi DOES read the comics so knowing that Ezekiel was coming meant something to him. But for anyone that has gone out of their way to not know how the comics unfold, just announcing a character, or that said character has a lion, doesn't really hurt anyone.
dobbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 08:12 AM   #466
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Interesting tidbit on when the actors found out who was dying.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-en...-a7379306.html

It was over a year ago. That' be hard to keep secret! The bit about them filming every option was a lie. I was thinking about that when I watched it. I figured it'd be a lot of effort to do makeup etc for all the characters just as a cover story.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 12:26 PM   #467
Robo
Franchise Player

Exp:

The parent council wanting to give it a higher rating than m?
Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 08:17 PM   #468
JiriHrdina
I believe in the Pony Power

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puxlut View Post
Can I discuss an Easter Egg?
Is it the one from the opening credits?
If so - would suggest it is off limits as it connects directly to a yet to be revealed plot point from the comics.
JiriHrdina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 08:20 PM   #469
JiriHrdina

Exp:

This is a great little touch that makes Abraham just so much a bad-ass.

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/the-wal...arewell-death/
Old 10-26-2016, 08:21 PM   #470
JiriHrdina

Exp:

Another great touch:

"The day will come when you won't be"
The title of the episode itself was the biggest Easter egg of them all. As fans might remember, back in the first season of the show, Rick's crew traveled to the Center for Disease Control hoping to find refuge. The group was greeted by the only person left, Dr. Edwin Jenner (Noah Emmerich). The good doctor had lost it and was decided to "opt-out", as he didn't want to live in a world filled with the undead. Dr. Jenner initially planned to include the group on his suicide mission, but Rick had pleaded with him to give them the choice to live. Jenner reluctantly agreed, and Rick said he was grateful for that. What was Jenner's response? He said, "The day will come when you won't be." This is Jenner basically informing Rick that a time will come when he will not be glad he'd left that CDC building to survive.
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to JiriHrdina For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2016, 09:14 PM   #471
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiriHrdina View Post
If so - would suggest it is off limits as it connects directly to a yet to be revealed plot point from the comics.
I wouldn't mind a PM with this if you know it, since I clearly missed it.
Hockeyguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 09:38 PM   #472
Otto-matic
Franchise Player

Exp:

Nibble on that.

Otto-matic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Otto-matic For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2016, 11:40 PM   #473
Guest1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiriHrdina View Post
Yup. I didn't think it was from the comics? I just put it together from a character that has already been shown. But I won't post it. I already pissed some people off with the whole "lion" thing.
Did anyone else see the guy with the Polaroid camera taking a picture of Glen/Abraham? It was kinda creepy...everyone is till on their knees mourning and this guy thinks he's working for TMZ.
Old 10-26-2016, 11:44 PM   #474
JiriHrdina

Exp:

Well remember when they went into the first Savioir compound Glenn found similar photos hanging on the walls
The Following User Says Thank You to JiriHrdina For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2016, 11:46 PM   #475
Guest1

Hmmm... might have to check that out. Glenn finds the pics and then becomes another pic in his death? Creepy.
Old 10-27-2016, 07:29 AM   #476
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Hmmm... might have to check that out. Glenn finds the pics and then becomes another pic in his death? Creepy.
It was when they were sneaking around the compound stealth killing Negan's men.

Also there was another episode at the start of last season (I think) where Glenn found a baseball bat. Also at Terminus Glenn almost gets hit over the head with a bat at the killing station.

NSFW!

Graphic pictures obviously.
Hockeyguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 08:02 AM   #477
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
Man does AMC ever milk TWD for advertising revenue. I assume PVR's have not dominated the US seeing that advertisers continue to pay for commercials that a portion of the audience is never watching them. I always watch shows about 30 minutes late so we can skip all the ads. I do it a lot with football as well. I imagine this will eventually lead to the end of commercials once PVR's are in every household.
I believe PVR's are all over American households. Advertising revenue is a big part of the engine that drives television and sports. If that were to dry up, I'd be worried as a fan and viewer about how that revenue will be replaced.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 11:24 AM   #478
Radio
Scoring Winger

Exp:

You'd see an awful lot more product placement. Instead of ordering a "beer" they would order a Bud Light Lime with a tight shot of the frosty brew.
Old 10-27-2016, 11:30 AM   #479
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio View Post
You'd see an awful lot more product placement. Instead of ordering a "beer" they would order a Bud Light Lime with a tight shot of the frosty brew.
Or they will go back to the 1950s method of having actors break the fourth wall with a commercial right in the show. I can just see it now.

After bashing in Glenn's head, the camera pans up to Negan as he opens a 40 ounce bottle of malt liquor:

You know, Lucille isn't the only one thirsty around here. In between slaying zombies, bashing in heads and taunting Rick Grimes, I like to settle in for the night with a smoooooth Colt 45 and a Camel cigarette...
Old 10-27-2016, 11:32 AM   #480
Max Cow Disease
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Yup. I didn't think it was from the comics? I just put it together from a character that has already been shown. But I won't post it. I already pissed some people off with the whole "lion" thing.

Did anyone else see the guy with the Polaroid camera taking a picture of Glen/Abraham? It was kinda creepy...everyone is till on their knees mourning and this guy thinks he's working for TMZ.

Yeah, the Saviours don't strike me as a group of blokes that observe much common edicate when it comes to things like allowing proper time to mourn after bludgeoning someone beyond physical recognition.