Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2018, 05:05 PM   #441
savardandjokinen
son of looooob

Exp:

I'm starting to believe more and more Dougie's time with the Flames could be up. If we're gonna trade him, the team that we are trading him to must overpay for me to be satisfied with the deal.
Old 06-20-2018, 05:08 PM   #442
AC
Resident Videologist

Exp:

Weird comments by Dreger. Flat out says Dougie will be traded then says after years of constant rumours maybe it happens this summer.

I still don't buy it. Though Lindholm + Hanifin would be a nice return.
Old 06-20-2018, 05:09 PM   #443
Saqe
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Would people really be ok with Lindholm+Hanifin?

That' bizarre. That's basically taking quantity back for quality. And I'm all for trading Hamilton if it makes sense but this doesn't.
The Following User Says Thank You to Saqe For This Useful Post:
Old 06-20-2018, 05:10 PM   #444
AC
Resident Videologist

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinL_NHL View Post
Darren Dreger goes on to say seconds later that Hamilton WILL be traded, although I think I might've misspoke at that specific moment.
Yeah my guess is Dreger misspoke / misread a script and at that moment meant to say "WILL Dougie Hamilton be traded?“ because he immediately followed it up with suggesting its a possibility.
The Following User Says Thank You to AC For This Useful Post:
Old 06-20-2018, 05:13 PM   #445
Flames Draft Watcher
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saqe View Post
Would people really be ok with Lindholm+Hanifin?

That' bizarre. That's basically taking quantity back for quality. And I'm all for trading Hamilton if it makes sense but this doesn't.
Huh? Hanifin is a stud just like Hamilton. And Lindholm could be a #1 RW for us. Those are two of Carolina’s best young players. It’s quality for quality. Hanifin and Lindholm were actually both drafted higher than Hamilton.

You’re going to have to explain your views on them because I don’t understand your take one bit

I’d be perfectly happy with a deal centred around Hanifin and Lindholm. Two former top 5 picks who are just entering their prime.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Flames Draft Watcher For This Useful Post:
Old 06-20-2018, 05:18 PM   #446
Saqe
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames Draft Watcher View Post
Huh? Hanifin is a stud just like Hamilton. And Lindholm could be a #1 RW for us. Those are two of Carolina’s best young players. It’s quality for quality. Hanifin and Lindholm were actually both drafted higher than Hamilton.

You’re going to have to explain your views on them because I don’t understand your take one bit

I’d be perfectly happy with a deal centred around Hanifin and Lindholm. Two former top 5 picks who are just entering their prime.

Where they were drafted should not bare value.

I've watched a ton of Lindholm and Backlund is better, I just don't see the need at all. And Hanifin has all sorts of problems in his own zone.

And how is it not quantity for quality? I mean it's literally two players coming back for one if the actual deal stands as it is.
Old 06-20-2018, 05:23 PM   #447
Flames Draft Watcher
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:

I've watched a ton of Lindholm and Backlund is better, I just don't see the need at all. And Hanifin has all sorts of problems in his own zone.

And how is it not quantity for quality? I mean it's literally two players coming back for one if the actual deal stands as it is.
Hamilton has problems in his own zone too. Hanifin is a premier puck rushing defencemen.

Lindholm wouldn’t be competing with Backlund, he’d likely be our most skilled RW and a right shot which we desperately need

Quantity for quality usually indicates the quantity part of the deal is vastly inferior in value to the quality part of the deal. That wouldn’t be the case here as both Hanifin and Lindholm are extremely valuable young blossoming players just like Hamilton.
Old 06-20-2018, 05:25 PM   #448
tkflames
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:

If there is a problem with Dougie (I can't confirm that) I don't mind that return.

Hanifin year 3: 10G / 22A / 32Pts / -20
Hamilton year 3: 10G / 32A / 42 Pts / -3 (Dougies 4th year he was -14)

I would not be upset with that return (Lindholm and Hanifin). If everything is fine with Dougie and the locker room dynamic, you don't move him at all. If there is, this is exactly the deal you make. High upside trade without substantially weakening our defense.
Old 06-20-2018, 05:26 PM   #449
agulati
Franchise Player

Exp:

Has Lindholm been playing on the wing in Carolina? I see him listed as a centre, and didn't watch very many of the Hurricanes games.
Old 06-20-2018, 05:27 PM   #450
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC View Post
Yeah my guess is Dreger misspoke / misread a script and at that moment meant to say "WILL Dougie Hamilton be traded?“ because he immediately followed it up with suggesting its a possibility.
I don't know, sounded like he was fully behind his comments. Said seems inevitable that Dougie IS going to be traded. Seeing as we talk about dougie annually.
Old 06-20-2018, 05:28 PM   #451
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by agulati View Post
Has Lindholm been playing on the wing in Carolina? I see him listed as a centre, and didn't watch very many of the Hurricanes games.
He took over 800 face offs last season, so I assume he was playing mostly center. (55% FO% the last two seasons on almost 1500 total face offs too BTW)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Roof-Daddy For This Useful Post:
Old 06-20-2018, 05:29 PM   #452
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

All the smoke around Dougie, has to be a fire burning somewhere.
Old 06-20-2018, 05:29 PM   #453
AC
Resident Videologist

Exp:

Quote:
Looks like he was C between Aho and Teravainen.
Old 06-20-2018, 05:29 PM   #454
Flames Draft Watcher
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Well he was drafted as a C/W. Usually centres have no issue moving to the wing. Seems like he’s fit best here on RW as we’re weak there and relatively deep at centre.
Old 06-20-2018, 05:32 PM   #455
Saqe
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames Draft Watcher View Post
Hamilton has problems in his own zone too. Hanifin is a premier puck rushing defencemen.

Lindholm wouldn’t be competing with Backlund, he’d likely be our most skilled RW and a right shot which we desperately need

Quantity for quality usually indicates the quantity part of the deal is vastly inferior in value to the quality part of the deal. That wouldn’t be the case here as both Hanifin and Lindholm are extremely valuable young blossoming players just like Hamilton.

Hanifin sure has a lot of potential and I don't per se have anything against him, although switching him and Hamilton make the team worse in the short term since Hamilton currently is the better player.

But like I said I've seen Lindholm a lot and I can't get excited about him. He looks like a mediocre player to me who hasn't improved much at all since coming to the league. Unless Peters thinks he has another gear in him, I really don't have much interest in Lindholm.

Much rather base a deal around Hanifin alone and leave Lindholm out of it.
Old 06-20-2018, 05:32 PM   #456
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dammage79 View Post
They reel in Hanafin and Lindholm, you can move Brodie to the top RD, Hanafin gets a rock solid partner in Hamonic and Kulak Andersson develop on pair 3.
You lost me as soon as you said Brodie to the top RD spot. People gripe about Hamilton's give a crap meter and you want to put a much lazier player in his spot? Brodie for the past two years is the definition of not giving a crap.
Old 06-20-2018, 05:35 PM   #457
Saqe
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkflames View Post
If there is a problem with Dougie (I can't confirm that) I don't mind that return.

Hanifin year 3: 10G / 22A / 32Pts / -20
Hamilton year 3: 10G / 32A / 42 Pts / -3 (Dougies 4th year he was -14)

I would not be upset with that return (Lindholm and Hanifin). If everything is fine with Dougie and the locker room dynamic, you don't move him at all. If there is, this is exactly the deal you make. High upside trade without substantially weakening our defense.

Well this is true.

Like I said earlier if there is a problem in the locker room you need to get rid of it, no matter the player. And if it's Hamilton then so be it. Even if you're not getting fair value.
The Following User Says Thank You to Saqe For This Useful Post:
Old 06-20-2018, 05:35 PM   #458
ComixZone
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default 2018/2019 Trade Speculation and Rumors

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
You lost me as soon as you said Brodie to the top RD spot. People gripe about Hamilton's give a crap meter and you want to put a much lazier player in his spot? Brodie for the past two years is the definition of not giving a crap.

With Peters’ history of coaching young D-Men...

Giordano - Andersson
Hanifin - Hamonic
Valimaki - Stone
Kulak

With Hanifin - Hamonic doing to defensive zone starts.

Crazy pills!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ComixZone For This Useful Post:
Old 06-20-2018, 05:36 PM   #459
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComixZone View Post
With Peters’ history of coaching young D-Men...

Giordano - Andersson
Hanifin - Hamonic
Valimaki - Stone
Kulak

Crazy pills!
That actually doesn't look that bad.
Old 06-20-2018, 05:38 PM   #460
Toonage
Taking a while to get to 5000

Exp:

We're going to become the HurriFlames aren't we?

Hanifin
Lindholm
Ryan (maybe)
Ward (at this point why not)
Closed Thread