Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2011, 02:46 PM   #441
PIMking
Franchise Player

Exp:

well i'm getting to the point of giving up and quitting. The game is exactly like COD but with vehicles. People can see me across the map with a damn SCAR and hammer me down. But when I can get anywhere to shoot anyone it takes a half a clip. this game is really starting to suck
Old 10-28-2011, 02:46 PM   #442
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post
It is cool, and can be very fun. Realistic doesn't always make a good game though, and when you have a situation where there's one tactic that wins over all other tactics then it really stops being fun and is usually an indication of bad design.
True

If these games were realistic they wouldn't need the red hit indicator because one bullet would kill you.

Pretty much one missile would down your aircraft, and one tank round would send you to the respawning point.

You'd also need to complete a side mission before you jumped in your jet, that would involve 300 hours of flying time.

Or more for the helicopter.

Also beyond the scout, sniper and engineer class, they would need a truck driver, and field cook who would drive around in a truck serving hot lunches while arty screamed over your head.

Don't get me started in that you would need at least 1000 players to man your aircraft carrier and some poor nub would end up on deck 16 washing everyones streaked underwear for his first deployment.

Realism sucks.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 03:02 PM   #443
Coys1882
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIMking View Post
well i'm getting to the point of giving up and quitting. The game is exactly like COD but with vehicles. People can see me across the map with a damn SCAR and hammer me down. But when I can get anywhere to shoot anyone it takes a half a clip. this game is really starting to suck
Coys1882 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Coys1882 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2011, 03:13 PM   #444
PIMking
Franchise Player

Exp:

I have came to the conclusion that this game sucks. Cant do crap even if I try to camp, or out flank, or try to just shoot someone.

I'm going to quit playing it and sell the pos
Old 10-28-2011, 03:15 PM   #445
GoinAllTheWay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
True

If these games were realistic they wouldn't need the red hit indicator because one bullet would kill you.

Pretty much one missile would down your aircraft, and one tank round would send you to the respawning point.

You'd also need to complete a side mission before you jumped in your jet, that would involve 300 hours of flying time.

Or more for the helicopter.

Also beyond the scout, sniper and engineer class, they would need a truck driver, and field cook who would drive around in a truck serving hot lunches while arty screamed over your head.

Don't get me started in that you would need at least 1000 players to man your aircraft carrier and some poor nub would end up on deck 16 washing everyones streaked underwear for his first deployment.

Realism sucks.
On top of that, Maaaaaaaan could you imagine the wait time for replacement vehicles to arrive? Weeks I tell ya! You though plane camping was bad before!
GoinAllTheWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 03:20 PM   #446
PIMking
Franchise Player

Exp:

dude I have 100% health and unload on a guy with my rifle from three meters and he turns around and drops me one shot in the chest.

this game sucks, takes 1000000 rounds to kill anyone
Old 10-28-2011, 03:20 PM   #447
nickerjones
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Your the people that make the game the most fun because of the unintentional unforced crashes.

There's nothing better then seeing some plane or helicopter wobbling across the sky with no control randomly firing missiles and guns at nothing in particular while you can almost hear the pilot screaming "hoy sh%t"

Then looking at a plane barreling right at you and knowing that your life as an infantry man is so critical and important that your enemy is willing to crash a 100 million dollar jet directly into you.

pffft If only I was able to get airborne long enough to fire a missle. ... I wish there was somewhere i could practice flying on the xbox . Everytime i do a server search and its a game of like 5/24 ... it never lets me in.

And for PIM... this game is so much harder then COD ... I actually do decent and keep it around 1 on the K . Its a lot different because on COD I am a run and gunner. You cant do that in this game at all.
Old 10-28-2011, 03:20 PM   #448
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Not only that but if you crash your plane, you end up flying a cargo plane full of plastic dog poop out of downtown.

And I'm seeing way to many flybys in the videos for this game.

Old 10-28-2011, 03:44 PM   #449
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
I have came to the conclusion that this game sucks. Cant do crap even if I try to camp, or out flank, or try to just shoot someone.

just because YOU suck, does not mean the game sucks
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hemi-Cuda For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2011, 03:46 PM   #450
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I know its not battlefield but I love this clip

Old 10-28-2011, 03:55 PM   #451
PIMking
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
just because YOU suck, does not mean the game sucks
Maybe so, but there is no teamwork at all on xbl. no one works together and the other team seems to unload one round and kills me but I unleash the whole cannon on the tank and get hit markers and he runs right through it. Meanwhile the driver of the apc leaves and I'm stuck in the middle of the battlefield with no back up.

The game sucks, I have a clan I play with on COD and it's much better teamwork than this garbage.
Old 10-28-2011, 03:57 PM   #452
PIMking
Franchise Player

Exp:

oh BTW I'm selling the game for $40
Old 10-28-2011, 03:58 PM   #453
calumniate
Franchise Player

Exp:

^^ Maybe you're on shaw?
calumniate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 04:08 PM   #454
Yasa
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
dude I have 100% health and unload on a guy with my rifle from three meters and he turns around and drops me one shot in the chest.

Try playing on hardcore, and use the mk11 mod or the SVD. Those guns served me well in the demo.
Yasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 04:35 PM   #455
Tinordi
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Not only that but if you crash your plane, you end up flying a cargo plane full of plastic dog poop out of downtown.

And I'm seeing way to many flybys in the videos for this game.
Downtown? You mean Hong Kong.
Tinordi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 04:41 PM   #456
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

yeah, don't know why I typed in downtown.

Old 10-28-2011, 05:16 PM   #457
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

CoD's playstyle is not going to work in BF games. If you are alone, you will die. If you don't see your enemy first, you will die. If you camp you will die.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to photon For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2011, 10:15 PM   #458
3 Justin 3
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

You suck at it so that makes the game suck? Don't be sour just because your awful at the game.

First of all, play hardcore games they're way better.

Secondly, this game is nothing like Call of Duty. It's a FPS and that is about as similar as they get.
3 Justin 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 10:19 PM   #459
3 Justin 3
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

The one thing is really pissing me off though with this game is there are NO Hardcore servers. There's a total of 49 and they are always full and EA never opens any new ones. Then each one has a queue, you'll sit in the queue for 15 minutes, then finally you are able to play and it "disconnects you from the EA server".

Freaking stupid.

Mean while there are about 90+ pages (1000+ severs) for normal games.

WTF DICE/EA. This is BS. Normal is brutal.

Last edited by 3 Justin 3; 10-28-2011 at 10:22 PM.
3 Justin 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 10:21 PM   #460
C Squared
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Is anybody up for some games tonight? I'm looking for a decent squad or to play some co-op... Xbox 360 Tag: Cochrane4
C Squared is offline   Reply With Quote