Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-2022, 09:25 AM   #441
Howie_16
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggie Dunlop View Post
Really don't know the story behind the non-retirement on #14. For a guy who's schtick is reeling off a constant litany of grievances (perceived, real and imaginary) he's been pretty mum on it.

I'm sure the organization has at least broached the subject as they do interact on alumni events from time to time.
Unfortunately, the best approach for the Flames is to wait for Theoren to pass away, assess the damage done and then decide whether to retire the number or not.
Howie_16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2022, 03:32 PM   #442
Flames_Gimp
Franchise Player

Exp:

I always loved theo as a player I'm not really understanding why his ######ed opinions and behavior today affect the past and his playing career, he was a pretty awesome player back in the day.

He was molested and turned to drugs because of it, it's not a surprise to me that he's f'd up now.

It should all be based off his on and off ice behavior when he was still playing imo unless i'm missing something?
Flames_Gimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2022, 03:50 PM   #443
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames_Gimp View Post
I always loved theo as a player I'm not really understanding why his ######ed opinions and behavior today affect the past and his playing career, he was a pretty awesome player back in the day.

He was molested and turned to drugs because of it, it's not a surprise to me that he's f'd up now.

It should all be based off his on and off ice behavior when he was still playing imo unless i'm missing something?

A retirement usually is just more that pure on ice performance.
CroFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CroFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 04-03-2022, 04:29 PM   #444
Number 39
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

I’m sure the Flames organization is also just simply scared of what Theo would say/do at a retirement ceremony and the media events around it. He’s shown that he speaks without thinking frequently. I’m sure that the idea of Theo being in the spotlight at an event which they would be closely associated with is terrifying. Will he be gracious or will he take the opportunity to bash the organization for past grievances or belittle the achievements of current Flames? I used to be a huge fan of his but I can totally understand the organization holding off. I expect his jersey will remain our of circulation but not retired until he passes or has had some serious medical event.
Number 39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2022, 11:44 PM   #445
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

everyones favourite moron keeps tweetin!
White Out 403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2022, 01:09 AM   #446
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

I love when this thread is bumped.
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2022, 01:56 AM   #447
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Barry Sherman was killed in 2017, two years before COVID was a thing. He didn't invent as alternative to COVID vaccines. Not that I need to debunk Fleury's insanity.
Old 12-18-2022, 02:23 AM   #448
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

Theo is why I'm even here.

This legitimately hurts my emotional well being.

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver
Blaster86 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2022, 02:29 AM   #449
Snuffleupagus
Franchise Player

Exp:

and... Acuitas is a private company with no ties to Trudeau

Edit, it was fact-checked by reuters 10 months ago

Last edited by Snuffleupagus; 12-18-2022 at 02:36 AM.
Snuffleupagus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Snuffleupagus For This Useful Post:
Old 12-18-2022, 08:13 AM   #450
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Don't look now, Whiteout, but you appear to be surrounded by morons.

Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2022, 08:27 AM   #451
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaster86 View Post
Theo is why I'm even here.

This legitimately hurts my emotional well being.
He's your daddy?
Old 12-18-2022, 09:10 AM   #452
T-Dog
Backup Goalie

Exp:

I’m actually embarrassed for him. It’s hard to watch someone who was such an amazing player who overcame personal challenges, to now tarnish his legacy and embarrass himself publicly with ridiculous viewpoints that are so easily debunked as utter nonsense. I really do think the folks that subscribe to these foolish theories, despite all kinds of proof to the contrary, are suffering from mental illness.
T-Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2022, 09:38 AM   #453
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Dog View Post
I’m actually embarrassed for him. It’s hard to watch someone who was such an amazing player who overcame personal challenges, to now tarnish his legacy and embarrass himself publicly with ridiculous viewpoints that are so easily debunked as utter nonsense. I really do think the folks that subscribe to these foolish theories, despite all kinds of proof to the contrary, are suffering from mental illness.

Jaime Sale too. Embarrassing and sad.
CroFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to CroFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 12-18-2022, 09:41 AM   #454
chedder
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I don't think it's mental illness, just stupidity and picking a tribe. There are always people that want to be counter culture and anti-social. This pandemic just brought them out in the extreme.

And, as far as being a great hockey player, who cares. There are probably just as many pro athletes that are complete a#@holes as good people. Just like normal society. They just happen to be able to shoot a puck.
chedder is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chedder For This Useful Post:
Old 12-18-2022, 09:49 AM   #455
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Don't look now, Whiteout, but you appear to be surrounded by morons.

... Calgary?
White Out 403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2022, 10:04 AM   #456
T-Dog
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chedder View Post
I don't think it's mental illness, just stupidity and picking a tribe. There are always people that want to be counter culture and anti-social. This pandemic just brought them out in the extreme.

And, as far as being a great hockey player, who cares. There are probably just as many pro athletes that are complete a#@holes as good people. Just like normal society. They just happen to be able to shoot a puck.
I don’t know, to me stupid is that you’re just not that intelligent and can’t understand concepts very well. The driver of these sorts of theories is paranoia and mistrust, usually in relation to someone or something with authority. Most of the conspiracy theories are something around the world’s elite or powerful being up to something nefarious, and the conspiracy theorist is awake to the truth about the situation. Any factual evidence to the contrary is just rejected as being a lie, or the person presenting the factual information is part of the scheme and somehow benefiting from it. Sounds more like mental illness to me.
T-Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2022, 10:40 AM   #457
Regulator75
Franchise Player

Exp:

Molestation, drug & alcohol abuse, CTE, being worshiped as a god by some is a hell of a drug...

More photos on Flickr
Regulator75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2022, 10:42 AM   #458
tvp2003
Franchise Player

Exp:

Mental health is a pretty broad term — in his case there are likely some narcissistic and personality issues there. I do feel bad for him though — he’s obviously dealt with some significant trauma in his life and I’m not sure if this is a way to cope with that or a byproduct of that (probably both), but it’s clear he’s not right.

Not sure what’s wrong with Jamie Sale though — perhaps Pelletier dropped her on her head a few too many times in practice?
tvp2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2022, 12:25 PM   #459
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvp2003 View Post
Mental health is a pretty broad term — in his case there are likely some narcissistic and personality issues there. I do feel bad for him though — he’s obviously dealt with some significant trauma in his life and I’m not sure if this is a way to cope with that or a byproduct of that (probably both), but it’s clear he’s not right.

Not sure what’s wrong with Jamie Sale though — perhaps Pelletier dropped her on her head a few too many times in practice?
Fleury and Sale were partners in the Battle of the Blades competition years back. It wouldn't surprise me if they became close after that show. Sale has alluded to a "life-coach" coming into her life near this period and it's always been suspected it was Fleury.

It wouldn't shock me if Sale had been indoctrinated, or "groomed" as these hoople heads like to say.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Yamer For This Useful Post:
Old 12-18-2022, 01:05 PM   #460
bluejays
Franchise Player

Exp:

Isn't sale married to Craig Simpson? Wonder what that household looks like (as he does seem "normal")? All these people who tout conspiracies are an odd bunch when it comes to logic.
bluejays is offline   Reply With Quote