Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2021, 12:24 PM   #4541
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cain View Post
Yea, I don't understand the need for it to be an exclusive for such a long time. After a year or two you would think the franchise would benefit from more people playing it...I want everyone to play my favorite games no matter the system so they keep getting made!

I've been playing a lot of battletech lately with the roguetech mod installed. Pretty fun, but very very slow. If you like plodding tactics games with a lot of customization, difficulty and grind (this can be modified to some extent) I would recommend it.
I haven't gotten into Roguetech much but I've been really happy to have Battletech and Mechwarrior games come back. You're right about the pace though, I don't know if I'm just slow or just enjoying the gameplay - the individual battles certainly take time but are enjoyable.

There is nothing like twin UAC/20's on a King Crab with called shots to head!
chemgear is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to chemgear For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2021, 12:29 PM   #4542
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Any solid IP deserves to be available to as many gamers as possible. Not everyone can afford a PC, PS5, XB, etc. Too many fanboys get caught up in the console exclusive stuff which IMO it's one of the worst things about the industry as it limits the exposure of great games to the masses. It really is ridiculous that a large percentage of gamers have to shell out $$$ on several hardware platforms that are all essentially using similar hardware in brand specific cases to play all the good games.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2021, 12:36 PM   #4543
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfTheCube View Post
Between the PC ports and still making major releases cross-platform 1.5 - 2 year after launch, the chances of me being an early adopter on PS6 are down to about zero at this point.
?

If God of War on PC releases on time (unlikely? and with patches) it will be 3.5+ years after launch on the PS4. Horizon also released 3.5+ years after launch. At that pace, you can wait for holiday 2025 or 2026 for Ragnarok on PC.

At that point, you're probably stuck in the technology argument of never buying anything (car, cell phone, TV, console, video games, movies, video card, PC components) because there will to be something new/remake/rerelease next year.
Old 10-20-2021, 12:42 PM   #4544
Cain
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemgear View Post
I haven't gotten into Roguetech much but I've been really happy to have Battletech and Mechwarrior games come back. You're right about the pace though, I don't know if I'm just slow or just enjoying the gameplay - the individual battles certainly take time but are enjoyable.

There is nothing like twin UAC/20's on a King Crab with called shots to head!

The best part of roguetech is the extreme mech customization you have as they overhauled the mech bay portion. I haven't played the original in a long while but do not think I could go back at this point...though I did enjoy it very much at the time. I've turned off some options for additional enemy lances (and also turned off any ally support to try and be fair) as some of the fights were taking me 30-60 minutes depending. It can be a slog, but super rewarding to find a piece of equipment that totally transforms your mech!
Cain is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cain For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2021, 12:44 PM   #4545
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to chemgear For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2021, 12:56 PM   #4546
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
?

If God of War on PC releases on time (unlikely? and with patches) it will be 3.5+ years after launch on the PS4. Horizon also released 3.5+ years after launch. At that pace, you can wait for holiday 2025 or 2026 for Ragnarok on PC.

At that point, you're probably stuck in the technology argument of never buying anything (car, cell phone, TV, console, video games, movies, video card, PC components) because there will to be something new/remake/rerelease next year.
I mean how all their first party releases are coming out on PS4 for the next year (and maybe longer, who knows). PS5 will have been on the market for 2+ years with only a couple of dedicated first party games from Sony released, which is disappointing to me as an early adopter. Might as well have just kept PS4.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 12:56 PM   #4547
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cain View Post
The best part of roguetech is the extreme mech customization you have as they overhauled the mech bay portion. I haven't played the original in a long while but do not think I could go back at this point...though I did enjoy it very much at the time. I've turned off some options for additional enemy lances (and also turned off any ally support to try and be fair) as some of the fights were taking me 30-60 minutes depending. It can be a slog, but super rewarding to find a piece of equipment that totally transforms your mech!
If you haven't already spend several hundred hours on it, I'd recommended XCOM 2 WOTC to you!
The Following User Says Thank You to chemgear For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2021, 01:00 PM   #4548
Cain
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Yup, the XCOM series is top notch and I've explored it pretty thoroughly!
Cain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 01:08 PM   #4549
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I mean how all their first party releases are coming out on PS4 for the next year (and maybe longer, who knows). PS5 will have been on the market for 2+ years with only a couple of dedicated first party games from Sony released, which is disappointing to me as an early adopter. Might as well have just kept PS4.
and hundreds of games that run/play/look better on PS5

its the same thing with the Series X
Old 10-20-2021, 02:30 PM   #4550
pria(kin)16
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

How does one even go about getting a Series X? I'm in Toronto and there is never stock.
pria(kin)16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 02:36 PM   #4551
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pria(kin)16 View Post
How does one even go about getting a Series X? I'm in Toronto and there is never stock.
Seems like you still really need to grind to get a console. Follow retailers on Twitter and there are a couple other good follows that mention when sites have stock again and then pounce

I am pretty shocked we are almost 1 year into this generation and it is still as hard to find now as it was last year.
Vinny01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 03:16 PM   #4552
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pria(kin)16 View Post
In person I have no idea but just add "Lbabinz" to your twitter notifications for easy online orders. Multiple supply drops happened in just the last two days at walmart.ca and amazon.ca - it actually isn't that bad if you know where to get notifications.

And if you haven't already, make sure you have account setup and information entered for the usual suspects (amazon, walmart, gamestop, bestbuy, etc). It will help you a lot.
Old 10-20-2021, 04:08 PM   #4553
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
In person I have no idea but just add "Lbabinz" to your twitter notifications for easy online orders. Multiple supply drops happened in just the last two days at walmart.ca and amazon.ca - it actually isn't that bad if you know where to get notifications.
Is there a way to modify Twitter notifications to only alert if the tweet contains certain keywords? That Lbabinz tweets for all kinds of gaming related stuff, so if you're only interested in a Series X then there's a lot of noise to filter through
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 04:24 PM   #4554
ComixZone
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
Is there a way to modify Twitter notifications to only alert if the tweet contains certain keywords? That Lbabinz tweets for all kinds of gaming related stuff, so if you're only interested in a Series X then there's a lot of noise to filter through
Download discord and join their discord. You can set alerts for specific platforms (playstation, xbox, etc)
ComixZone is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ComixZone For This Useful Post:
Old 10-21-2021, 02:22 PM   #4555
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

!!!

Been patiently waiting for ConcernedApe's next game, Stardew Valley is an all time classic for me. This rockets to the top of my list.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to OutOfTheCube For This Useful Post:
Old 10-21-2021, 03:01 PM   #4556
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
?

"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 07:43 PM   #4557
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Quote:
Been patiently waiting for ConcernedApe's next game, Stardew Valley is an all time classic for me. This rockets to the top of my list.
Oh good another game that I'll have to play and eventually cheat at so I can lose interest and have it stop eating my life.
Old 10-21-2021, 09:50 PM   #4558
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Old 10-22-2021, 01:57 AM   #4559
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Man, they really messed up by not making the Uncharted movie 10 years ago and casting Nathan Fillion. I bet that fan movie he made will be way better than this just because of the charisma he put into playing Drake.

That said I do hope the movie is fun. I love the games so much
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to btimbit For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2021, 09:05 AM   #4560
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Writing was always on the wall with that for this generation though.

This generation leap was always about games being 1080 30 fps vs 4K 30/60 fps, and the system architecture was designed to make it easier to develop games cross-gen between systems...more similar to how games scale on PCs.

And even then Ratchet and Clank, Returnal, Deathloop have all been good exclusives. DualSense support has been worth it for a lot of games.

Sony's mistake was saying "We believe in generations" because that was never going to be the case with as large of an install base as the PS4 has, and with system shortages for this gen (although the COVID supply chain impact here is probably a reason things are staying cross-gen that shouldn't be overlooked).
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote