Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-23-2023, 12:17 PM   #4301
Pointman
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagor View Post
Oh ffs I get that you feel the need to justify your sick slaughter but EVERYONE knew there were tunnels under the hospital as they were built by Israel.

There is zero evidence that a command centre ever existed there. Zero. That was the justification for the attack.

But why are you even worried about it? In your mind those were Hamas babies that were killed in the incubators. Terrorist Hamas infants in the ICU.
Zero? There's hell lot of evidence in the Post report alone. The claim that they were built by Israel is strange, particularly because the article itself says that the tunnels were "discovered" by Israelis. If you actually want to look at the evidence presented by Israelis, it is below

https://www.idf.il/en/mini-sites/ham...s-under-shifa/
Pointman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2023, 01:33 PM   #4302
Zevo
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
So what's your position? You believe there was a command centre because they said so and there is zero evidence of it?

You still believe Iraq has WMDs? I mean you would think US and British intelligence know the truth? Right? That's how it works?
So is your position every Israeli in the IDF lies and Hamas tells the truth?
Zevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2023, 02:22 PM   #4303
WCW Nitro
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
I wonder are the US being duped here or simply going along with the lies? Either way not working out very well for them.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1738239090108088786
They're not going to publicly call out Israeli lies.
WCW Nitro is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WCW Nitro For This Useful Post:
Old 12-23-2023, 02:30 PM   #4304
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zevo View Post
Why are those the only two choices?
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 12-23-2023, 02:38 PM   #4305
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Meet Zevo.

Zevo is one of these dishonest little posters that runs around stating claims by the IDF are common knowledge and then runs when questioned on his dishonesty. Zevo has a great career ahead of him in the IDF.

Zevo also likes to try and put words in your mouth.

Quote:
So are you saying unequivocally that no weapons were found at the hospital and Hamas doesn't use hospitals as cover and where did you come by that information.
Quote:
What a stupid or deliberately dishonest question. There is a third option there.

Now. How about you answer my question.
Quote:
Why did you present the word of the IDF as "common knowledge" when it is clearly not. Were you being deliberately dishonest or just naive?
Or let me go all Zevo on you and rephrase it.
Is it your position that everything the IDF says is "common knowledge"?

Bagor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2023, 02:47 PM   #4306
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pointman View Post
Zero? There's hell lot of evidence in the Post report alone. The claim that they were built by Israel is strange, particularly because the article itself says that the tunnels were "discovered" by Israelis. If you actually want to look at the evidence presented by Israelis, it is below

https://www.idf.il/en/mini-sites/ham...s-under-shifa/
There is zero evidence that the hospital was being used as a command post as claimed.

Old 12-23-2023, 02:47 PM   #4307
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Every military ever, especially ones in active conflict, has lied or withheld the truth. Israel has certainly been more transparent and earned the benefit of the doubt more than Hamas over their lifetimes. That certainly doesn't mean everything they say (or don't say) is the truth or a lie. The President not revealing intelligence sources (or lack thereof) while an ally is in open war is also the least surprising thing ever. No one will know absolutely anything about this war until it is over, and probably not the full extent for years. Hopefully atrocities committed by both sides are accounted for at some point.

What makes me wonder about some of the tunnel footage is that they have all these electrical lines and plumbing and things working. I'm like, okay so maybe you should be like sabotaging that stuff? Like....cutting the wires? Turning off the lights? etc...
Old 12-23-2023, 02:59 PM   #4308
Bill Bumface
My face is a bum!

Exp:

Poster calls out group of people for teaching their children to hate other group of people.

Then proceeds to publicly paint said group of people with broad brush as being worthy of hate.

Yup, this conflict should end soon!
Bill Bumface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2023, 03:05 PM   #4309
Zevo
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Meet Zevo.

Zevo is one of these dishonest little posters that runs around stating claims by the IDF are common knowledge and then runs when questioned on his dishonesty. Zevo has a great career ahead of him in the IDF.

Zevo also likes to try and put words in your mouth.

What a stupid or deliberately dishonest question. There is a third option there.

Now. How about you answer my question.

Or let me go all Zevo on you and rephrase it.
Is it your position that everything the IDF says is "common knowledge"?
I'm asking a question, how is that putting words in your mouth?

I'm asking the question because you state numbers supplied by Hamas as gospel and question everything coming from Israel.
Old 12-23-2023, 03:05 PM   #4310
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffFletcher View Post
There are several levels of care that militaries can take when attacking areas occupied by civilians.

1 Do not attack them at all. Try to achieve your aims through special ops.

2 Carry out your operations that you know will result in civilians casualties, but taking great care to minimize those casualties, even if this means substantially higher casualties among your personnel.

3 Carry out operations that you know will result in civilian casualties, with some care to reduce those casualties, but not at the expense of substantially higher casualties among your personnel.

4 Bomb the area with zero regard for civilian casualties.

5 Bomb the area with the aim of killing as many civilians as possible.

The IDF seems to be practicing #3. If it were 4 or 5 there would be vastly more civilians killed.
5+. To the extent that even Biden says they're breaking international law.

Quote:
‘Not seen since Vietnam’: Israel dropped hundreds of 2,000-pound bombs on Gaza, analysis shows

CNN
In the first month of its war in Gaza, Israel dropped hundreds of massive bombs, many of them capable of killing or wounding people more than 1,000 feet away, analysis by CNN and artificial intelligence company Synthetaic suggests.

Satellite imagery from those early days of the war reveals more than 500 impact craters over 12 meters (40 feet) in diameter, consistent with those left behind by 2,000-pound bombs. Those are four times heavier than the largest bombs the United States dropped on ISIS in Mosul, Iraq, during the war against the extremist group there.

Weapons and warfare experts blame the extensive use of heavy munitions such as the 2,000-pound bomb for the soaring death toll. The population of Gaza is packed together much more tightly than almost anywhere else on earth, so the use of such heavy munitions has a profound effect.

“The use of 2,000-pound bombs in an area as densely populated as Gaza means it will take decades for communities to recover,” said John Chappell, advocacy and legal fellow at CIVIC, a DC-based group focused on minimizing civilian harm in conflict....

Israel has come under pressure internationally over the scale of the devastation in Gaza, with even staunch ally US President Joe Biden accusing Israel of “indiscriminate bombing” of the coastal strip....

..... But 2,000-pound bombs are normally used sparingly by Western militaries, experts say, because of their potential impact on densely populated areas like Gaza. International humanitarian law prohibits indiscriminate bombing.
https://www.cnn.com/gaza-israel-big-bombs/index.html

Old 12-23-2023, 03:09 PM   #4311
Zevo
First Line Centre

Exp:

Do I believe everything coming from the IDF is gospel? No but I believe there is some truth in it.

I also have info coming straight from someone I trust that is in the military.
Old 12-23-2023, 03:12 PM   #4312
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I'm asking a question, how is that putting words in your mouth?

I'm asking the question because you state numbers supplied by Hamas as gospel and question everything coming from Israel.
There your little dishonest self goes again. Where did I state they were gospel?

So in your brain every media outlet that publishes latest casualty figures by default believes everything Hamas says. Does the BBC? CNN.? The Times?

Old 12-23-2023, 03:13 PM   #4313
Zevo
First Line Centre

Exp:

Also Bagor, You're sure quick to call posters dishonest or liars because you disagree...how about you dial it back a little bit. You're being a bit of a dick.
Old 12-23-2023, 03:15 PM   #4314
Zevo
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
There your little dishonest self goes again. Where did I state they were gospel?

So in your brain every media outlet that publishes latest casualty figures by default believes everything Hamas says. Does the BBC? CNN.? The Times?
But you don't question the numbers that's for sure. But Israel states anything and look out...

And yes, it is common knowledge that Hamas uses civilian infrastructure including hospitals as cover.

Last edited by Zevo; 12-23-2023 at 03:21 PM.
Old 12-23-2023, 03:24 PM   #4315
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Also Bagor, You're sure quick to call posters dishonest or liars because you disagree...how about you dial it back a little bit. You're being a bit of a dick.
I'll point out dishonesty where I see it.
I'll also call out lies where I see them.

If you don't like it and feel it is unjustified feel free to report it and the powers that be can tell me to dial it back a bit.

But I'm not going to sit back and watch you make dishonest statements that what IDF says to justify ais true and "common knowledge".

Old 12-23-2023, 03:28 PM   #4316
Zevo
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
No.
Where did I say that? And how on earth did you arrive at that conclusion?

I am saying like you the only evidence of this so far is that of a nation that has a global reputation of being untrustworthy and lying and its associated military that has shown to be worse. The world doesn't trust them.

Now why don't you share why you hang onto and present the word of Israel and IDF as truth? Why should the world believe them?

Why did you present the word of the IDF as "common knowledge" when it is clearly not. Were you being deliberately dishonest or just naive?
That's pretty ####ing brutal(and totally false and shows your prejudice)...especially coming from the guy that calls others dishonest and liars.
Old 12-23-2023, 03:48 PM   #4317
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Reality of the situation. No one trusts their word. Look at the reluctance to publish the so called confession. The world is cynical when it comes to Israel and the truth.

As for the IDF. Zero credibility.

Would help if they granted the world's media access.

Why aren't they doing that?

Old 12-23-2023, 04:30 PM   #4318
Zevo
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Reality of the situation. No one trusts their word. Look at the reluctance to publish the so called confession. The world is cynical when it comes to Israel and the truth.

As for the IDF. Zero credibility.

Would help if they granted the world's media access.

Why aren't they doing that?
https://twitter.com/i/status/1737118015509147970
Old 12-23-2023, 04:40 PM   #4319
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Exactly! Now you're getting it. Thank you!
The world for some reason is ignoring that. It's almost as if they don't trust it. Don't want to go anywhere near it.
But! I bet it's headline news in Israel.

Old 12-23-2023, 04:44 PM   #4320
Zevo
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Exactly! Now you're getting it. Thank you!
The world for some reason is ignoring that. It's almost as if they don't trust it. Don't want to go anywhere near it.
But! I bet it's headline news in Israel.
Hilarious...video evidence is not enough. Sorry I can't get you an interview with the guy yourself!