Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-2021, 11:33 AM   #4301
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
That is amazing. CP group effort to all show up at the same range at the same time, with sod rolls in hand?
My guess is that the range hates you and kicks you out almost immediately. It would be hilarious, but what do you think that you get...6-7 hits before the roll of sod is just destroyed and makes a mess?
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 12:11 PM   #4302
bomber317
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
My guess is that the range hates you and kicks you out almost immediately. It would be hilarious, but what do you think that you get...6-7 hits before the roll of sod is just destroyed and makes a mess?
Test it out on the City course range first.
bomber317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 12:14 PM   #4303
TSXCman
First Line Centre

Exp:

My Arccos sensors came in now. 27 days after order. So, 27 of 90 days of the trial burnt.

I'll use it for the next two months and set a million reminders to cancel the subscription at the end. hope it's good!

I know a lot of people that could use these for counting, haha. "what'd you guys get?" 6! Then the same guy walks up and says he got a 5, after giving up on the hole and walking away. it's tough sometimes...
TSXCman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 12:17 PM   #4304
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSXCman View Post
My Arccos sensors came in now. 27 days after order. So, 27 of 90 days of the trial burnt.

I'll use it for the next two months and set a million reminders to cancel the subscription at the end. hope it's good!

I know a lot of people that could use these for counting, haha. "what'd you guys get?" 6! Then the same guy walks up and says he got a 5, after giving up on the hole and walking away. it's tough sometimes...
That sucks and is unfortunate. I ordered 2 sets and they came in one day (in the US)
Enoch Root is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 01:05 PM   #4305
bossy22
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Does anybody use a practice net at home to drive balls into? I've been looking into it since my 10 year old loves to golf. The reviews all seem pretty bad on these things.
bossy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 02:05 PM   #4306
TSXCman
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bossy22 View Post
Does anybody use a practice net at home to drive balls into? I've been looking into it since my 10 year old loves to golf. The reviews all seem pretty bad on these things.

My buddy uses an old mattress with an old duvet in front of it by a couple inches (prevent a ball flying back at you). Looks ghetto, but does the trick.
TSXCman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 02:57 PM   #4307
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Quote:
Any updates on ranges that let you hit off of grass? I called Elbow Springs and Inglewood, which are my normal targets and they said no.
Nanton has grass ranges to hit off of. Mind you it's too far for many Calgarians to drive.
Old 06-10-2021, 03:17 PM   #4308
psyang
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

We have a soccer field behind our house, and I see a fellow who has trained his dog to gather his golf balls. He stands at one end of the field, and hits wedges to his dog who sits waiting at the other end. The dog collects the balls. Then the man and his dog swap places, and he hits wedges the other way.

I know hitting golf balls in the field is not allowed, but I gotta say, he is probably the envy of every golfer in the neighborhood.
psyang is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to psyang For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2021, 03:53 PM   #4309
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
These are excellent points if directed at someone who had any level of sincerity in the idea.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jayswin For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2021, 04:32 PM   #4310
Rutuu
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyang View Post
We have a soccer field behind our house, and I see a fellow who has trained his dog to gather his golf balls. He stands at one end of the field, and hits wedges to his dog who sits waiting at the other end. The dog collects the balls. Then the man and his dog swap places, and he hits wedges the other way.

I know hitting golf balls in the field is not allowed, but I gotta say, he is probably the envy of every golfer in the neighborhood.
You gotta video that and send it in to @golfersdoingthings ...I love seeing those vids of dogs getting beers out of the fridge and whatnot. This is next level.
Rutuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 05:03 PM   #4311
bossy22
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
My buddy uses an old mattress with an old duvet in front of it by a couple inches (prevent a ball flying back at you). Looks ghetto, but does the trick.

I should do that just to see how long it would take for the Karen's in my neighborhood to complain.
bossy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 05:11 PM   #4312
Winsor_Pilates
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyang View Post

Well, I know what me & my dog are doing this evening
Winsor_Pilates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 05:31 PM   #4313
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winsor_Pilates View Post
Well, I know what me & my dog are doing this evening
Careful you might get a dog like mine that likes to sit in front of you while you chip.... then try and bury the balls in the garden.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2021, 05:59 PM   #4314
nomad
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayer View Post
Played Maple Ridge this afternoon. I used to love that course as a kid but I can't believe they charge what they do for the condition it's in. Ended with an 83, which I was happy with given that I somehow lost 3 balls. Finally figuring out my new Mizuno driver.
Played MR yesterday. The fairways on 11, 12, 13 and 14 are in terrible condition. Beyond winterkill. They need to be ripped up and re-seeded. Shameful that the City let it get that bad.
nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2021, 06:36 PM   #4315
jayswin

Exp:

Damn, that's too bad. That course was always so excellent, and just great value.
Old 06-12-2021, 07:49 PM   #4316
jayswin

Exp:

Experienced a first with CP's cortez on Friday. I've seen guys hit the flagstick before, but I've never seen someone scream it at the green and actually wrap it in the flag and drop it near the hole and putt it in, lol. That flag wrap was a -2 on the scorecard!
Old 06-13-2021, 12:00 PM   #4317
Winsor_Pilates
Franchise Player

Exp:

Played 9 holes at Kelowna Springs this morning. Back 9 + full English breakfast for $36.
Course was in great condition, pretty awesome deal.
Winsor_Pilates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 08:48 PM   #4318
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

Shot 104 today at serenity.

Missed a three foot putt on 8 that sent me into a shame spiral for 9 and 10. Pulled myself together again at 11 and then the wheels fell off at 17 again.......those holes account for 13 extra strokes.
Old 06-13-2021, 10:20 PM   #4319
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Played Banff springs today.

Fairways were in good shape. Greens and tee boxes were pretty awful. Locks of rocks in the sand traps which was disappointing.

Beautiful day though. Hot and blue sky.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Weitz For This Useful Post:
Old 06-13-2021, 10:28 PM   #4320
Mayer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad View Post
Played MR yesterday. The fairways on 11, 12, 13 and 14 are in terrible condition. Beyond winterkill. They need to be ripped up and re-seeded. Shameful that the City let it get that bad.
Exactly. And most tee boxes were just as bad.

I am beginning to question the moral character of those who cheer for Vancouver.
Mayer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mayer For This Useful Post:

Tags
net5 , punch out , royal boulder , tpc fox hollow