Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2009, 04:06 PM   #401
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckieNZ View Post
Is that what you did when you scored off my pass the other day? Because that was great.

I think positioning is important and so is the quality of the pass.
Also, like tipping, if you are moving, the effectiveness is reduced.

It is also harder to time if the pass is coming across your body.
Flash Walken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 04:11 PM   #402
Human Torch
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanevosky View Post
Any tips on the one-time slap shots?

What i do for now is:
1. make sure i have clear passing lane
2. kinda stay still once its clear
3. hold vision control
4. hold right stick up (and aim) when i see a pass coming my way.

But this doesn't work very well if the pass is coming from the right (i'm left handed) because I will end up doing a backhand. And sometime I end up doing 1-time wrist shot.

I had a very hard time doing 1-time slap when i am moving around so I think staying still is easier.
If i have to move around, i just take control of the puck then shoot.

Please let me know if there is any better way to setup 1 time slap.
I pretty much get in position and keep jamming the right stick up lol.
Human Torch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 04:13 PM   #403
KevanGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanevosky View Post

Please let me know if there is any better way to setup 1 time slap.
I don't know, to be honest. I can do that one time snap shot no problem but haven't got the slap shot timing down in 10. I think what you described is the right way though.
KevanGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 08:01 PM   #404
lanevosky
Farm Team Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckieNZ View Post
Is that what you did when you scored off my pass the other day? Because that was great.

I think positioning is important and so is the quality of the pass.
yes

that was my first and only goal so far :P
lanevosky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 06:34 PM   #405
Kipper is King
Pants Tent

Exp:

I posted this in the general thread, but I will post it here because I love how awesome but lucky this save is!

I had fun in the shootout in an online versus game tonight!

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/9633293
Old 09-25-2009, 07:56 PM   #406
dobbles
addition by subtraction

Exp:

so i know we have been pretty poor in the casual league... was just looking at the teams we played. the last 10 were all from professional. including several top 100 teams. so it seems there really isn't much point in even being casual...
This individual is not affluent and more of a member of that shrinking middle class. It is likely the individual does not have a high paying job, is limited on benefits, and has to make due with those benefits provided by employer.
dobbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 09:01 PM   #407
KevanGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Thanks for checking that dobbles. After the games last night I was wondering how many of these teams were really casual as there didn't seem to be much difference in the level of competition.
Old 09-26-2009, 03:10 AM   #408
Joborule
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobbles View Post
so i know we have been pretty poor in the casual league... was just looking at the teams we played. the last 10 were all from professional. including several top 100 teams. so it seems there really isn't much point in even being casual...
Current issue with EA severs. In the future the casual team shouldn't be able to play professional teams. In the meantime though teams will be completely random regardless of leagues.
Joborule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 09:08 AM   #409
lanevosky
Farm Team Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joborule View Post
Current issue with EA severs. In the future the casual team shouldn't be able to play professional teams. In the meantime though teams will be completely random regardless of leagues.
I see...
At first, I was surprised with the skills level of these causal team. Now it makes sense.

Had a few good games last night with Calgaryflame, Spike, KG and Merc.

Hope to see you guys tonight
Old 09-26-2009, 11:03 AM   #410
KevanGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well, I figured out why my passing was generally poor. I had bought and applied the defensive defenceman booster pack. What I found out last night was that all your other XP point upgrades DO NOT count if you have the booster pack applied. So, I took off the booster pack, upgraded my passing, puck control, speed, agility etc. I dropped a few points in OV but now I've boosted the areas I want. I have an 89 for passing now and 85 I think for acceleration, which will help me get to those passes on the boards.
The Following User Says Thank You to KevanGuy For This Useful Post:
Old 09-26-2009, 11:16 AM   #411
dobbles
addition by subtraction

Exp:

yeah, hopefully most people have been able to apply the best boosts for their person. with a boost pack, you are able to have a helmet. that gives you 3 boost slots that can be used for anything but speed. so that might have been a small help had you stuck with the old way. the other downside of the boost pack is that it doesnt count the XP points you get from each card. so as we get our pro and veteran cards it becomes better to not have the boost packs. also as you noted, the boost packs give good overall ratings, but they also give ratings points to categories like durability and endurance that don't even matter in eashl. to me, the boost packs are only helpful at the very beginning. with a decent amount of +5 stuff and a pro card, you can get an equal (if not better) build for your guy
This individual is not affluent and more of a member of that shrinking middle class. It is likely the individual does not have a high paying job, is limited on benefits, and has to make due with those benefits provided by employer.
Old 09-26-2009, 11:19 AM   #412
KevanGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
with a decent amount of +5 stuff and a pro card, you can get an equal (if not better) build for your guy
Yeah, I just ended up buying the +5 stuff that I wanted.
Old 09-26-2009, 11:23 AM   #413
lanevosky
Farm Team Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevanGuy View Post
Well, I figured out why my passing was generally poor. I had bought and applied the defensive defenceman booster pack. What I found out last night was that all your other XP point upgrades DO NOT count if you have the booster pack applied. So, I took off the booster pack, upgraded my passing, puck control, speed, agility etc. So, I dropped a few points in OV but now I've boosted the areas I want. I have an 89 for passing now and 85 I think for acceleration, which will help me get to those passes on the boards.
wow... i am using the grinder build and i am FAR from 89 passing and 85 acceleration ;(

I need to play more games to get those xp...
Old 09-26-2009, 11:25 AM   #414
dobbles
addition by subtraction

Exp:

i was one of the few people that took some time and earned most of my stuff. i spent 10 bucks to buy the +5 stuff that was really hard to earn. but the rest i had by the first weekend the game was out.

as far as my guy i am o-def and i have 89 speed and accel. i think my passing is 90. have pretty good shooting as well. the thing that sucks for me is my checking is pretty bad. and this year that seems to matter as i can't hit crap.
Old 09-26-2009, 05:01 PM   #415
flamestalker
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
yeah, hopefully most people have been able to apply the best boosts for their person. with a boost pack, you are able to have a helmet. that gives you 3 boost slots that can be used for anything but speed. so that might have been a small help had you stuck with the old way. the other downside of the boost pack is that it doesnt count the XP points you get from each card. so as we get our pro and veteran cards it becomes better to not have the boost packs. also as you noted, the boost packs give good overall ratings, but they also give ratings points to categories like durability and endurance that don't even matter in eashl. to me, the boost packs are only helpful at the very beginning. with a decent amount of +5 stuff and a pro card, you can get an equal (if not better) build for your guy
Might as well put this link here, as this applies to us. I already put this in the general discussion board:

Basically, it's just about what Dobbles has described pretty well. Me, Chuck, and Koop were also on a roll too last night. Feels good to get some wins in.

http://www.operationsports.com/eashl...ead.php?t=7924
flamestalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 06:47 PM   #416
Human Torch
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Yup, that's why I didn't buy the bling pack.
Human Torch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 07:13 PM   #417
flamestalker
Scoring Winger

Exp:

So who else is loving that I have the most PIMs on the team? Lol...
flamestalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 08:00 PM   #418
dobbles
addition by subtraction

Exp:

good link stalker. thats the site i used early on to get the list of how to upgrade everything. i really wish they had compiled the goalie +5 stuff as well. with the skater stuff it really helped me approach the upgrades in a strategic way so i was able to get many of them in a short period of time.
Old 09-26-2009, 11:42 PM   #419
Kipper is King
Pants Tent

Exp:

The last game tonight (I think it was lane, stalker and I, apologies if I missed you) was spectacular! We tore these guys apart!

Last edited by Kipper is King; 09-27-2009 at 10:01 AM.
Kipper is King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 12:10 PM   #420
KevanGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kipper is King View Post
The last game tonight (I think it was lane, stalker and I, apologies if I missed you) was spectacular! We tore these guys apart!
Pretty sure it was me, you, Merc and lane.

Tags
eashl , kik cherry picks , nhl 10 , ps3