Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2017, 10:31 PM   #401
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Chill View Post
Anfield HQ#@AnfieldHQ

Southampton were aware that Liverpool would have paid £70 million for Van Dijk and still chose to stand firm. (Paul Joyce)

Will be interesting to see how they manage bringing Van Dijk back into the squad. His stance about wanting to leave was very public, and that is a pretty massive offer.
There are a lot of players in that position, to varying amounts:

Alexis Sanchez
Ross Barkley
Diego Costa
VVD
Coutinho
Mahrez

Probably a few more I am forgetting! It will be interesting to see how these things work out over the next few months.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 11:59 PM   #402
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
There are a lot of players in that position, to varying amounts:

Alexis Sanchez
Ross Barkley
Diego Costa
VVD
Coutinho
Mahrez

Probably a few more I am forgetting! It will be interesting to see how these things work out over the next few months.
the Spanish window is still open until midnight today, so it's not over yet for those. Although I highly doubt Coutinho will move.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to devo22 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-01-2017, 08:38 AM   #403
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Rooney arrested for drink driving. Such an incredibly stupid and reckless thing to do, I'll never understand that kind of ####.
Old 09-01-2017, 11:07 AM   #404
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnet Flame View Post
I think Arsenal could finish lower than 7th. The atmosphere is toxic. Never seen anything like it or even close to it in my life.

I also think Spurs are the Club most likely to drop out of the top 4 this season. In fact I think I may check out the odds to see if it is worth putting my money where my mouth is.

The reason I think this is they will come nowhere near their record at WHL this season whilst playing at Wembley.
You made me curious so I took a look. It's almost even.

Spurs are -125 NOT to finish in the top 4.

GirlySports is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GirlySports For This Useful Post:
Old 09-01-2017, 12:42 PM   #405
Delthefunky
First Line Centre

Exp:

Rooney drives a VW Beetle?
Delthefunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 12:48 PM   #406
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo22 View Post
Rooney arrested for drink driving. Such an incredibly stupid and reckless thing to do, I'll never understand that kind of ####.
papers say it might cause some troubles at home too because of the circumstances

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delthefunky View Post
Rooney drives a VW Beetle?
the woman he was driving home does..
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 08:21 PM   #407
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Rumours online that City is filing an appeal because they say Sanchez signed a contract. Who knows how legitimate the rumours are and their case if it's true, but will be fun to watch this play out.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Slava For This Useful Post:
Old 09-01-2017, 11:27 PM   #408
cam_wmh
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
@Footy_Community
Oxlade-Chamberlain: "We're in good form going into the Man City game after beating Arsenal 4-0 last week."

Man, I feel like im throwing dirt on the dead
cam_wmh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cam_wmh For This Useful Post:
Old 09-02-2017, 06:15 AM   #409
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
Rumours online that City is filing an appeal because they say Sanchez signed a contract. Who knows how legitimate the rumours are and their case if it's true, but will be fun to watch this play out.
Wouldn't arsenal be the ones angry? They hadn't agreed to sell yet there was a contingency
Old 09-02-2017, 12:11 PM   #410
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

More Coutinho controversy with Barca claiming that Liverpool were willing to sell for 200M Euro, of course Liverpool deny and claim they were never going to sell.

So now we wait and see how Klopp gets him back in the side. This will be interesting.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 01:11 PM   #411
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Barca's board are just trying to save their asses right now. The no confidence vote is already under way. It's pretty low of them.
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 10:44 AM   #412
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Alderweireld performs a move which, I believe, is called "the Rose".

Quote:
Danny Rose shocked Tottenham earlier this summer by giving an unsanctioned interview in which he claimed he is not being paid what he is worth by the club and Alderweireld’s agent has followed suit by making his grievances public.

Stijn Francis told Belgian newspaper Het Nieuwsblad: “Toby is always good. Even after his injury he recovered well. Tottenham's statistics fell sharply during his absence. If you only look at his figures, Toby is impressive and for his performances, he deserves either a correct contract from Tottenham or a transfer.

“For a transfer, you know that he can only leave Tottenham for seven or eight teams and almost all the other top clubs are interested in Toby. There are not a lot of central defenders of his kind, so they are sought after. But those clubs also know that they have to negotiate with (Tottenham chairman) Daniel Levy.”
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/...emand-correct/
Old 09-04-2017, 11:08 AM   #413
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

meanwhile, BBC reporter David Ornstein on Arsenals window. Absolutely shambolic.

Old 09-04-2017, 12:01 PM   #414
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Alderweireld performs a move which, I believe, is called "the Rose".

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/...emand-correct/
His agent is basically saying he wants a new deal, there's no quotes from the actual player

His agent isn't even saying he wants to leave, also he deserves a new deal. This isn't else who isnt among the best players on the team. Toby is arguably the best CB in the league and a top 5 in the world. I'd be surprised if he wasnt offered a deal as the highest paid at the club with Kane and Lloris

In the level of 'scandalous' stories this one is way down there

'agent says player wants new contract or will leave' only read that one about once a week for the last decade

Not anywhere close to Rose's interview

Last edited by d_phaneuf; 09-04-2017 at 12:03 PM.
Old 09-04-2017, 12:06 PM   #415
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Also the belief is the wage structure next year rises with the new stadium built and the sponsorship deal for it coming in

If they aren't willing to triple his current deal my guess is he leaves, I'd be surprised if they didn't
Old 09-04-2017, 12:08 PM   #416
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_phaneuf View Post
His agent is basically saying he wants a new deal, there's no quotes from the actual player
no player with two braincells would repeat what Rose did. Of course you let your agent do the dirty work.
Old 09-04-2017, 12:10 PM   #417
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
meanwhile, BBC reporter David Ornstein on Arsenals window. Absolutely shambolic.

That's crazy

Kroenke sounds like the absolute worst owner imaginable

It might take a few years after he goes but someone is going to write a book in Wenger's last few years at arsenal and I think it's going to lead to a him looking a lot better off than he currently does, sounds like he's totally hamstrung
Old 09-04-2017, 02:57 PM   #418
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

His agent isn't even saying he wants to leave, also he deserves a new deal. This isn't else who isnt among the best players on the team. Toby is arguably the best CB in the league and a top 5 in the world. I'd be surprised if he wasnt offered a deal as the highest paid at the club with Kane and Lloris

In the level of 'scandalous' stories this one is way down there

'agent says player wants new contract or will leave' only read that one about once a week for the last decade

Not anywhere close to Rose's interview
And to add to this, Levy has said that they're wanting to get a new deal in place for him and it would be after the window closed. Now he's away on International duty which probably delays things a bit. Nothing to see here I think...he's going to be paid, it just takes a little at this point in the year to make that happen.
Old 09-04-2017, 07:12 PM   #419
Winsor_Pilates
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
That's crazy

Kroenke sounds like the absolute worst owner imaginable

It might take a few years after he goes but someone is going to write a book in Wenger's last few years at arsenal and I think it's going to lead to a him looking a lot better off than he currently does, sounds like he's totally hamstrung
I'm not so sure about that.
Spending aside, Wenger has been tactically outwitted for years now, arrogant, stubborn, unable to motivate his team, or form a sense of unity in the club.

That book will still have plenty of chapters to show how out of his depths Wenger has become.
Winsor_Pilates is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Winsor_Pilates For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2017, 08:38 PM   #420
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

True, he won't come off as perfect

I think moreso just in the transfer stuff