Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-2012, 03:28 PM   #401
fundmark19
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I love how much work people put in to trying to find all of Apples hidden hints of their invites
fundmark19 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fundmark19 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-28-2012, 03:36 PM   #402
metallicat
Franchise Player

Exp:

What am I supposed to be seeing in that picture?
Old 02-28-2012, 03:48 PM   #403
fundmark19
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

pixel density and spacing of icons apparently. New picture shows greater density of pixels. Rumour has it the "See" portion is for a new apple tv.
Old 02-28-2012, 03:53 PM   #404
metallicat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Oh ok, I thought there was something more cryptic there. I didn't realize it was as simple as that.
Old 02-28-2012, 03:57 PM   #405
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemgear View Post
Apparently the spacing of the icons isn't consistent with landscape mode - not sure though.
I think the spacing changes depending on how many items you place in the dock (or whatever the hell it's called), so perhaps there's just less items in there?
Russic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 04:43 PM   #406
sclitheroe
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russic View Post
I think the spacing changes depending on how many items you place in the dock (or whatever the hell it's called), so perhaps there's just less items in there?
Less important than the icon spacing for determining orientation in these shots is the arrangement of the water droplets on the wallpaper (assuming its the same wallpaper at higher resolution, rather than a larger, less cropped version)
Old 02-29-2012, 09:22 AM   #407
You Need a Thneed
Voted for Kodos

Exp:

It's probably the new Apple TV that the hand is touching, not an iPad. That's what is throwing everyone off.
You Need a Thneed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 10:01 AM   #408
sclitheroe
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by You Need a Thneed View Post
It's probably the new Apple TV that the hand is touching, not an iPad. That's what is throwing everyone off.
Haha..that would be pretty crazy
Old 02-29-2012, 12:39 PM   #409
Burninator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Some Mac people are forgetful. This decoding happens every time they post a picture of an upcoming event and the pictures have never been a Da Vinci Code puzzle. The closest I can recall was the clocks one for the Beatles. It kinda looked like a album cover but people were adding up the times and doing all kinds of nonsense with it.
Burninator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 02:15 PM   #410
fundmark19
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

when you upgrade to your fancy new ipad 3's here is what you can do with those old out dated originals

http://www.calgaryherald.com/technol...785/story.html
Old 02-29-2012, 02:34 PM   #411
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burninator View Post
Some Mac people are forgetful. This decoding happens every time they post a picture of an upcoming event and the pictures have never been a Da Vinci Code puzzle. The closest I can recall was the clocks one for the Beatles. It kinda looked like a album cover but people were adding up the times and doing all kinds of nonsense with it.
Has there ever even been a hidden message? Off the top of my mind I can't think of one.
Russic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 02:52 PM   #412
Burninator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russic View Post
Has there ever even been a hidden message? Off the top of my mind I can't think of one.
This is the one I mentioned.
Not sure if it was intentional or not. But that's the closest I've seen to a hidden message and it's not a great one at that. I recall one announcement picture that had a guitar and people were giving meaning to the number of frets and strings with ties to the product. Didn't pan out of course, it was just a picture. I'm sure we can chalk up this nonsense guess work to dumb bloggers.
Burninator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 05:12 PM   #413
Mccree
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I am sure I have asked this before but I have never really had a chance to play with it but with the icloud I think it's time to get it working, I want to be able to sync calenders, email and contacts separately but use the same iTunes library.

We have an iMac (with Lion) that has our iTunes library on an external hard drive and I want to set up iTunes so the each "profile" has access to and the ability to add and edit content.

I know who to set up the profiles.

Reading online seems to suggest I need to add (or Copy) the library to the "shared folder" but I would prefer to keep it on the external drive and this doesn't seem to add content unless certain steps are done. (http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1203).

There seems to be another method ( https://discussions.apple.com/thread...0&tstart=0 ) but I am unsure if this will work for an external drive.

Any insight would be great. I think my setting up my iMac with profiles I lose the ability to WIFI sync which I am OK with but I could be wrong.

One last question. In time Machine how do I get the external hard drive added to the back-up. I keeping trying to remove the hard drive from the exclude list but it keeps re-appearing on the exclude list. I think it may be due to the external hard drive being in NTSF format. If that is the case can I change it to an apple friendly format without formatting.

Thanks

Mccree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 06:20 PM   #414
MickMcGeough
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mccree View Post
One last question. In time Machine how do I get the external hard drive added to the back-up. I keeping trying to remove the hard drive from the exclude list but it keeps re-appearing on the exclude list. I think it may be due to the external hard drive being in NTSF format. If that is the case can I change it to an apple friendly format without formatting.

Thanks
Time Machine only backs up HFS+ file systems.

I doubt you can convert between the two filesystems directly and non-destructively. You'll likely have to copy all the files off the drive, format it, then copy everything back.

MickMcGeough is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MickMcGeough For This Useful Post:
Old 02-29-2012, 08:06 PM   #415
silentsim
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
I am sure I have asked this before but I have never really had a chance to play with it but with the icloud I think it's time to get it working, I want to be able to sync calenders, email and contacts separately but use the same iTunes library.

We have an iMac (with Lion) that has our iTunes library on an external hard drive and I want to set up iTunes so the each "profile" has access to and the ability to add and edit content.

I know who to set up the profiles.

Reading online seems to suggest I need to add (or Copy) the library to the "shared folder" but I would prefer to keep it on the external drive and this doesn't seem to add content unless certain steps are done. (http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1203).

There seems to be another method ( https://discussions.apple.com/thread...0&tstart=0 ) but I am unsure if this will work for an external drive.

Any insight would be great. I think my setting up my iMac with profiles I lose the ability to WIFI sync which I am OK with but I could be wrong.

Thanks
As per the iTunes part...

I have my library on an external HD with multiple users accessing it.

To do so, when opening iTunes hold down option+open, and it will let you choose a library. Point it to your XML file which will be on your External HD.

Can't live partition it, so you won't be able to use Time Machine, though You can use SuperDuper and create a sparse image file of your whole HD.
silentsim is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to silentsim For This Useful Post:
Old 02-29-2012, 09:10 PM   #416
Mccree
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

The above works perfectly. Now I need to find a way to back up the external drive. Will check out superduper

Old 02-29-2012, 09:17 PM   #417
Mccree
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentsim View Post
As per the iTunes part...

I have my library on an external HD with multiple users accessing it.

To do so, when opening iTunes hold down option+open, and it will let you choose a library. Point it to your XML file which will be on your External HD.

Can't live partition it, so you won't be able to use Time Machine, though You can use SuperDuper and create a sparse image file of your whole HD.
Can you sync your iDevices over wifi?

Old 03-01-2012, 10:59 AM   #418
silentsim
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Can you sync your iDevices over wifi?
I'll have to check, I don't use WiFi Sync. Why wouldn't it? Each User has their "own" library.

Between iTunes Match/iCloud I haven't hooked up any of my iDevices to my computer in a long time.

Edit: Oh, I see, because multiple iTunes running which does the phone connect to to sync with... Not sure how this works TBQH
Edit edit: This might work, maybe not. On account 1, enable Wifi sync on the iPhone. on account 2, disable wifi sync on the same iPhone. see if account 1 still has wifi sync enabled.... if it does it should only sync with Account 1?

Last edited by silentsim; 03-01-2012 at 11:11 AM.
silentsim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 05:46 AM   #419
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

This is the iPad 3 I want. Is that too much to ask?

KTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KTrain For This Useful Post:
Old 03-02-2012, 08:43 AM   #420
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTrain View Post
This is the iPad 3 I want. Is that too much to ask?
Only a matter of time . . .
chemgear is online now   Reply With Quote