Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2023, 02:25 AM   #4081
Manhattanboy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagor View Post
The world starting to voice that enough is enough. The antisemitic Canadians, Kiwis and Aussies issue a statement.

Meanwhile at the UN a total of 153/193 antisemitic countries register their disgust at the slaughter of innocents.

https://www.theguardian.com/australi...and-canada-pms
Although they voted for the UN resolution calling for a ceasefire I believe the joint statement was subsequently issued by Canada, Australia and NZ to address obvious omissions:

“We unequivocally condemn Hamas’ terror attacks on Israel on October 7, the appalling loss of life, and the heinous acts of violence perpetrated in those attacks, including sexual violence. We condemn Hamas’ unacceptable treatment of hostages and call for the immediate and unconditional release of all remaining hostages.”

As far as the “antisemitic Canadians, Kiwis and Aussies” go, at least to my knowledge the rallies in Canada have avoided chants of gas the Jews. Not so in Sydney.
Manhattanboy is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Manhattanboy For This Useful Post:
Old 12-14-2023, 04:59 AM   #4082
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattanboy View Post
Although they voted for the UN resolution calling for a ceasefire I believe the joint statement was subsequently issued by Canada, Australia and NZ to address obvious omissions:
You conveniently missed a bit. Another "obvious omission".

"We reaffirm that settlements are illegal under international law. Settlements and settler violence are serious obstacles to a negotiated two-state solution."

But then again that goes against Israel's position where they're opposed to a two state solution.

Bagor is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bagor For This Useful Post:
Old 12-14-2023, 07:40 AM   #4083
Beninho
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
You conveniently missed a bit. Another "obvious omission".

"We reaffirm that settlements are illegal under international law. Settlements and settler violence are serious obstacles to a negotiated two-state solution."

But then again that goes against Israel's position where they're opposed to a two state solution.
The Palestinians have been offered a state 6 times, one would think they do not want a two state solution. Nuance is not something you have when discussing this conflict. But hey “river to the sea” is a peace slogan according to some geopolitical experts in this thread. A ceasefire keeps Hamas in power, solves absolutely nothing, while showing the world you can attack Israel and they will bow to world pressure. A ceasefire would be a Hamas victory while ensuring that more Palestinian civilians will suffer under their rule. Hamas is on deaths door but you are in favour of giving them a lifeline, almost because you are not an individual who is threatened by them. Zero solutions come with a ceasefire, an actual one may emerge with a total Hamas defeat.

Last edited by Beninho; 12-14-2023 at 08:12 AM.
Beninho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2023, 08:13 AM   #4084
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

A ceasefire stops the genocide.

I am in favour of trying to prevent thousands more civilians being slaughtered.

Even the Americans are publicly stating that Israel is indiscriminately slaughtering innocents.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bagor For This Useful Post:
Old 12-14-2023, 08:17 AM   #4085
Beninho
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
A ceasefire stops the genocide.

I am in favour of trying to prevent thousands more civilians being slaughtered.

Even the Americans are publicly stating that Israel is indiscriminately slaughtering innocents.
Yes all armed conflict with civilians dying is a genocide. Al Quds network providing you with great insight Bagor!

The only Genocide where not even 1% of the population has been killed. You demean this word.
Old 12-14-2023, 08:34 AM   #4086
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beninho View Post
Genocide
I see you are still isolated, positioning yourself at the 10th stage of Genocide.

Again. For you. Looksie. A leading Jewish expert writing in a Jewish journal.

Quote:
Israel’s campaign to displace Gazans—and potentially expel them altogether into Egypt—is yet another chapter in the Nakba, in which an estimated 750,000 Palestinians were driven from their homes during the 1948 war that led to the creation of the State of Israel. But the assault on Gaza can also be understood in other terms: as a textbook case of genocide unfolding in front of our eyes. I say this as a scholar of genocide, who has spent many years writing about Israeli mass violence against Palestinians.
https://jewishcurrents.org/a-textbook-case-of-genocide

Last edited by Bagor; 12-14-2023 at 08:36 AM.
Old 12-14-2023, 08:44 AM   #4087
Beninho
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I see you are still isolated, positioning yourself at the 10th stage of Genocide.

Again. For you. Looksie. A leading Jewish expert writing in a Jewish journal.

https://jewishcurrents.org/a-textbook-case-of-genocide
I have already provided you with counter pieces to why this is not a genocide.

https://thehill.com/opinion/internat...ddle-east/amp/

Ah yes 10th stage of genocide. Delusional.

Since 1948, Jewish population decreased by 99% in Arab countries.

Since 1948 Arab population increased in Israel by 1296.15%

Who is trying to genocide who exactly?

https://www.jstor.org/stable/48599702

Last edited by Beninho; 12-14-2023 at 08:50 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Beninho For This Useful Post:
Old 12-14-2023, 08:54 AM   #4088
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
genocide.
Yeah. But you gotta remember you showed who you were right at start of this and exhibited the 4th stage of genocide. As your 10th stage behavior shows you're not equipped to rationally state anything.

Old 12-14-2023, 08:55 AM   #4089
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

It’s interesting how flippant people are in throwing around the term “anti-semitic” or making accusations of terrorist-influence in people’s opinions, but as soon as the source is actually Jewish and a foremost expert in the field, the tone changes or it’s completely ignored.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 12-14-2023, 09:03 AM   #4090
Beninho
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
It’s interesting how flippant people are in throwing around the term “anti-semitic” or making accusations of terrorist-influence in people’s opinions, but as soon as the source is actually Jewish and a foremost expert in the field, the tone changes or it’s completely ignored.
No it doesn’t. I completely disagree with his assertion, being Jewish in this context does not mean anything and he has been challenged by other Holocaust academics. I also then provided another piece written by another professor who specializes in Studies on Genocide.

“Polly Zavadivker, an assistant professor of history at the University of Delaware, told me that Segal’s statements on genocide “threaten future attempts to identify, prevent, and prosecute that crime. It is equally damaging to the legitimacy of Holocaust and Genocide Studies as a field when such false claims are presented in the guise of scholarly expertise.”
Zavadivker, who teaches courses in antisemitism, the Holocaust, and comparative genocide, said that an accusation that Israel is committing genocide “renders the word meaningless”

https://m.jpost.com/opinion/article-771634

Last edited by Beninho; 12-14-2023 at 09:08 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Beninho For This Useful Post:
Old 12-14-2023, 09:09 AM   #4091
Beninho
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Yeah. But you gotta remember you showed who you were right at start of this and exhibited the 4th stage of genocide. As your 10th stage behavior shows you're not equipped to rationally state anything.
Please provide us with more Al Quds links Bagor, I am sure your twitter feed is overflowing with them
Old 12-14-2023, 09:12 AM   #4092
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Old 12-14-2023, 11:50 AM   #4093
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
No it doesn’t. I completely disagree with his assertion, being Jewish in this context does not mean anything and he has been challenged by other Holocaust academics. I also then provided another piece written by another professor who specializes in Studies on Genocide.

“Polly Zavadivker, an assistant professor of history at the University of Delaware, told me that Segal’s statements on genocide “threaten future attempts to identify, prevent, and prosecute that crime. It is equally damaging to the legitimacy of Holocaust and Genocide Studies as a field when such false claims are presented in the guise of scholarly expertise.”
Zavadivker, who teaches courses in antisemitism, the Holocaust, and comparative genocide, said that an accusation that Israel is committing genocide “renders the word meaningless”

https://m.jpost.com/opinion/article-771634
Sure it does. You mock Bagor for spreading “Al Quds” network info, but when he shares his source which happens to be a Jewish academic, you suddenly scramble to find another academic and the harshest criticism you can muster for someone like Segal is “I completely disagree” which is significantly kinder than you are to pretty much everyone else.

Add to the fact that you mock posters for sharing a more nuanced view of “from river to sea” with a sarcastic “geopolitical experts” while completely ignoring the source of the information, then it’s pretty clear you hold a very deep double standard.
Old 12-14-2023, 12:16 PM   #4094
Beninho
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
Sure it does. You mock Bagor for spreading “Al Quds” network info, but when he shares his source which happens to be a Jewish academic, you suddenly scramble to find another academic and the harshest criticism you can muster for someone like Segal is “I completely disagree” which is significantly kinder than you are to pretty much everyone else.

Add to the fact that you mock posters for sharing a more nuanced view of “from river to sea” with a sarcastic “geopolitical experts” while completely ignoring the source of the information, then it’s pretty clear you hold a very deep double standard.

“River to the sea” was literally coined to mean exactly what people are accusing it of, but here we have you jumping through hoops to try and make it seem like it is not. When people say they want to wipe the Jews off the map history has shown us to take their word at face value. October 7th a prime example of that.

It’s either the most unique genocide in human history, where a population triples in growth over 30 years, or it is not a genocide. There are many things you can call it but of course the anti-Israel side goes to the most extreme one that elicits that most emotional response. I view it close to a blood libel. I don’t care how many anti-Israel Jews you can find, I think it is a laughable argument. It sure does get clicks tho, Rez Segal’s work has never been cited this much and I have never even heard of this man until this conflict started. Now I see his one article spread everywhere, with people like you and Bagor citing it as “loook the Jeeeeeews even think so” Even tho, like I have shared, many of his contemporaries vehemently disagree with him. But go on, move the goal posts more. You are a master at it

This is a nuanced view. The situation is terrible, the Palestinians deserve a state, there is a substantial amount of Palestinians who hold radical views which would make any future coming of a Palestinian state difficult for Israel to swallow. That being said they still deserve a state and the settlements in the west bank are a barrier to it. Hamas should be destroyed and a period of reconstruction and re-education needs to occur. Who leads this i am not quite sure. What is happening is not a genocide but an armed conflict where Israel has declared war on Hamas, civilians die in war it does not constitute genocide. In 1948 700,000 Palestinians were expelled from their lands through armed conflict, towns were admittedly ethnically cleansed and Israel cannot pretend that this did not happen because it did. The Palestinians deserve a state but have been lead down a horrific path by some of the most corrupt leaders they could find, they could have had a state at various different junctions, most recently in 2008. Hopefully some moderate leaders can emerge for them in the coming years and this conflict can come to an end. Israel also needs to get rid of Netanyahu and shed the religious zealots from government, many Israelis hold this view.

Last edited by Beninho; 12-14-2023 at 12:33 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Beninho For This Useful Post:
Old 12-14-2023, 12:55 PM   #4095
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
It’s either the most unique genocide in human history, where a population triples in growth over 30 years, or it is not a genocide.
LOL! Wt effin f?

Yes it has to be emphasized that Segal is Jewish as your prior whine was that everyone else's pov was antisemitic.

Again have a good listen to another Jews. What is he saying that is wrong?

Old 12-14-2023, 12:59 PM   #4096
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
“River to the sea” was literally coined to mean exactly what people are accusing it of, but here we have you jumping through hoops to try and make it seem like it is not. When people say they want to wipe the Jews off the map history has shown us to take their word at face value. October 7th a prime example of that.
I’m not jumping through hoops, I was quoting a Jewish academic and internationally recognized expert on the subject who says it’s not.
Old 12-14-2023, 01:18 PM   #4097
Beninho
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
LOL! Wt effin f?

Yes it has to be emphasized that Segal is Jewish as your prior whine was that everyone else's pov was antisemitic.

Again have a good listen to another Jews. What is he saying that is wrong?

I really am not going to watch that rage bait garbage, it’s very telling that this is where you get your news from. Just because he happens to be Jewish it does not make the claims of genocide anymore ludicrous. If Ben Shapiro cannot be shared on here without being admonished the same should go for notorious grifter Norman Finkelstein. Another example of your inability to be nuanced. Carry on with your delegitimizing of the word genocide.

You’re unable to argue why this is a genocide with using your own words, just link dribble like above. So answer my question, is this the most unique genocide in human history? Is it the only genocide where the population has boomed and not declined? Do you truly believe that a genocide in comparable to other genocides like the Holocaust Or the Armenian Genocide is occurring to the Palestinians ? Why in other genocides are their huge population declines and not increases? If you are going ti lob one of the most heinous crimes that can be committed by a group of people explain why this genocide is different from all the rest. Or don’t answer this and link more dribble

Last edited by Beninho; 12-14-2023 at 01:29 PM.
Old 12-14-2023, 01:29 PM   #4098
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
genocide
No. Do stay. Please.

Refute what he is saying.

Do you actually realize how stupid your question is? Seriously. Do you?

Old 12-14-2023, 01:32 PM   #4099
Beninho
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
No. Do stay. Please.

Refute what he is saying.

Do you actually realize how stupid your question is? Seriously. Do you?
I have refuted it several times, provided you articles, highlighted key differences with actual genocides than to the one you are claiming is occurring . You can talk for yourself, explain why this genocide is different from all the rest but still a genocide. Why has the population grown exponentially unlike in other genocides? In Israel and in Gaza and the West Bank? If Israel is committing genocide why do they allow Palestinians in government and on the supreme court? That would be a bit foolish if the goal was to genocide the Palestinians. You really think this is in the same realm as the Holocaust, Rwandan genocide, and Armenian Genocide? Because if you do, you are brainwashed beyond belief, but so is like half of Ireland so not surprising.

Pretty much across the board in actual genocides hundreds of thousands to millions of people are murdered. Even if you take into account every Palestinian live lost due to this conflict since it started in 1948 it still would not hold a candle to the amount of bloodshed that has occurred in ACTUAL genocides. With that there is nothing more I can argue with you about. You are far gone down this rabit hole and deluded beyond reason. Good day.

Last edited by Beninho; 12-14-2023 at 01:49 PM.
Old 12-14-2023, 02:13 PM   #4100
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
I have already provided you with counter pieces to why this is not a genocide.

https://thehill.com/opinion/internat...ddle-east/amp/

Ah yes 10th stage of genocide. Delusional.

Since 1948, Jewish population decreased by 99% in Arab countries.

Since 1948 Arab population increased in Israel by 1296.15%

Who is trying to genocide who exactly?

https://www.jstor.org/stable/48599702
Wouldn't that be because the state of Israel was created for Jewish people and not because Arab countries are "trying to genocide" Jews?
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote