Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2017, 12:10 PM   #4061
pepper24
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default 2017/2018 Trade Speculation and Rumors

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
Regehr would suck in today's game

Regehr in his prime would be a top dman in any era.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pepper24 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-22-2017, 12:12 PM   #4062
GoJetsGo
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backlunds_socks View Post
GG has yet to prove that he's capable of anything
This is exactly the kind of thing people are talking about.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to GoJetsGo For This Useful Post:
Old 11-22-2017, 12:13 PM   #4063
ClubFlames
Posted the 2 millionth post!

Exp:

I don't think some people realize how good Regehr really was for the Flames in his prime, just ask Ales Hemsky and his visits to the Tunnel of Death.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ClubFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 11-22-2017, 12:14 PM   #4064
jammies
Basement Chicken Choker

Location: In a land without pants, or war, or want. But mostly we care about the pants.
Exp:

I have a few names I'd like to trade to the forums at HF just for crap relief.
Old 11-22-2017, 12:16 PM   #4065
bax
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Some players are overrated - we as fans of a certain organization do that all time time, and we aren't the only fan base to do so.

GG has yet to prove that he's capable of anything; thus far his career is a gong show.

Agree with your first point. Happens to all fan bases.

Disagree with your second point. It’s this kind of hyperbole that sets people off. Gulutzan at worst is an average coach in the NHL and I would argue that his coaching as well as the Flames are trending in the right direction.
Old 11-22-2017, 12:23 PM   #4066
kevman
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgaryblood View Post
Maybe you don't understand the game as well as others and can't analyse players as well as others which makes you think they're playing well defensively.
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgaryblood View Post
No I truly believe you have weak hockey knowledge
Pro tip:

Why not try to make your point by explaining what you're seeing instead of insulting someones hockey knowledge? Examples, stats, comparisons etc. are all more valuable then "he sucks, you're dumb". Threads like Gaskals break down of the Caps PP are incredibly helpful and can make a difference.

I agree, Brodie has at times struggled this year. A lot. However, he is also putting up points with the top defensemen in the league while logging huge minutes. Unfortunately his gaffs are quite noticeable when he makes them and due to the amount of minutes he is asked to play, he does make more gaffs than fans would like to see.

That said, I don't think he's a terrible defender. Can you care to educate me with your great hockey knowledge on why he's terrible?
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to kevman For This Useful Post:
Old 11-22-2017, 12:27 PM   #4067
VilleN
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
GG has yet to prove that he's capable of anything; thus far his career is a gong show.
Yeah, total gong show. We make the playoffs the year he takes over after being a lottery team. now we're firmly in a playoff spot challenging for the division. What a gong show... why does he even try?

You might disagree with some of his decisions as a coach, which is fine. I would really like to hear a well thought out argument for why his career as the Flames head coach has been a 'gong show'.

Last edited by VilleN; 11-22-2017 at 12:30 PM.
Old 11-22-2017, 12:53 PM   #4068
EverfresH15
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevman View Post
Pro tip:

Why not try to make your point by explaining what you're seeing instead of insulting someones hockey knowledge? Examples, stats, comparisons etc. are all more valuable then "he sucks, you're dumb". Threads like Gaskals break down of the Caps PP are incredibly helpful and can make a difference.

I agree, Brodie has at times struggled this year. A lot. However, he is also putting up points with the top defensemen in the league while logging huge minutes. Unfortunately his gaffs are quite noticeable when he makes them and due to the amount of minutes he is asked to play, he does make more gaffs than fans would like to see.

That said, I don't think he's a terrible defender. Can you care to educate me with your great hockey knowledge on why he's terrible?

He just needs to take a break from CP. Its all become way too much and very annoying really. I suggest everyone just puts him on the ignore list.
Old 11-22-2017, 01:31 PM   #4069
locsofblu
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parallex View Post
... you want to trade a top 4 defenseman for a back-up goaltender.

No someone who is capable of taking the starters roll
Old 11-22-2017, 01:37 PM   #4070
RoughRiderRowdy
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by backlunds_socks View Post
lol guy, a healthy debate is getting berated by people like you and being called a oiler fan for posting views that the mass think are wrong.

It happened back in the what will bennett get thread too; people were advocating 3-5 million per year while i was saying 1.5 -2 and cp was calling me an oilers fan then too. Lol, take the blinders off and realize that mob mentality is real and not all players on the flames are studs.
x2
Old 11-22-2017, 01:38 PM   #4071
RoughRiderRowdy
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

This team will never make the next step until they get rid of matt stajan man does that guy suck the life out of the team
Old 11-22-2017, 01:58 PM   #4072
Backlunds_socks
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by VilleN View Post
Yeah, total gong show. We make the playoffs the year he takes over after being a lottery team. now we're firmly in a playoff spot challenging for the division. What a gong show... why does he even try?

You might disagree with some of his decisions as a coach, which is fine. I would really like to hear a well thought out argument for why his career as the Flames head coach has been a 'gong show'.

He didn't he got swept.

The team he got was a lot different then the year prior, you can't say he had the 2014/2015 flames.
Old 11-22-2017, 02:06 PM   #4073
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoughRiderRowdy View Post
This team will never make the next step until they get rid of matt stajan man does that guy suck the life out of the team
Yeah, getting rid of a guy who is in the press box more nights than not and who is a fourth liner when he checks in is the real key for success.
Old 11-22-2017, 02:09 PM   #4074
VilleN
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
He didn't he got swept.

The team he got was a lot different then the year prior, you can't say he had the 2014/2015 flames.
So your proof that GG's career as a Flame is a gong show is that the Flames got swept in the playoffs? Let's keep in mind that they were a lottery team before that, and I'm fairly certain the goal when GG was hired was to turn the Flames into a playoff team. Mission accomplished. The credit goes to the players, the GM and the coaching staff.

The fact that we were swept in the playoffs seems to be the only reason you have to think that GG is a terrible coach. Chicago was swept. Quenneville - Gong SHOW!

Also, enough of this mob mentality BS you keep spewing, it's the way that you post that causes people to respond negatively to you. If I were to post this:
"GG has proven he is capable of everything; thus far his career has been amazing and borderline perfect"

It is the exact opposite of your opinion, yet I would rightfully be criticized for it because it is extreme, hyperbolic and untrue.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VilleN For This Useful Post:
Old 11-22-2017, 02:10 PM   #4075
Robbob
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioforPM View Post
Yeah, getting rid of a guy who is in the press box more nights than not and who is a fourth liner when he checks in is the real key for success.
The dude just can not eat a bag of popcorn
Old 11-22-2017, 02:15 PM   #4076
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

Quote:
The Edmonton Oilers dropped to 7-12-2 with their blowout loss to the St. Louis Blues on Tuesday night and Peter Chiarelli has decided where he believes the team needs an upgrade - the blueline.

TSN Hockey Insiders Pierre LeBrun and Darren Dreger both reported on Insider Trading on Tuesday that Chiarelli is looking to add a defenceman as he tries to right the ship in Edmonton.

LeBrun added Chiarelli attended the Columbus Blue Jackets game against the Buffalo Sabres on Monday night as he looks for a fit on defence.

The Blue Jackets and Florida Panthers are also the subject of trade speculation, as both teams may have defencemen in play.

TSN Hockey Insider Bob McKenzie reported Tuesday that Blue Jackets defenceman Ryan Murray's name has been bandied as the team looks to acquire a centre, while Panthers defenceman Alex Petrovic has been he's frustrated with his role in Florida.
Quote:
The Vancouver Canucks are off to a surprising 10-8-3 start this season after they were expected to be a deadline seller this year.

If the Canucks do decide to become sellers, one player who will draw interest is Erik Gudbranson.

TSN Radio 1040 Vancouver's Jason Brough reported Tuesday that the Florida Panthers like Gudbranson, who spent five seasons with the team, and are not the only ones.
http://www.tsn.ca/rumour-mill-oilers...-help-1.922619
Old 11-22-2017, 02:19 PM   #4077
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kybb79 View Post
Lol He would run Mcdavid like he did Hemsky.
And be suspended for life

I suggest some of you go watch some clips...he was great for that era but now 95% of his tactics would be illegal and get real Connor would blow right past him.
Old 11-22-2017, 02:20 PM   #4078
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

If the Oilers want a defensemen, they are lucky that the Tenderness is actually scoring at a decent pace. If Chiarelli has any sense, he'll take advantage and trade RNH before his production drops again and is stuck with that awful contract.

Blue Jackets may actually be a good fit. They'd even have just enough cap space to make it happen if Ryan Murray is the main piece coming back.
Old 11-22-2017, 02:29 PM   #4079
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Was he not instrumental in LA winning a cup in todays game?
Played in 8 games, instrumental maybe a stretch...look I loved him at the time. With no hooking or holding I have my doubts. Today's game is much different than 3 or 4 years ago even. The guy was playing in the beer leagues at 36
Old 11-22-2017, 02:55 PM   #4080
BigFlameDog
First Line Centre

Exp:

Well the Oilman's Champ division isn't your garden variety beer league...a lot of ex pros mixed in that group lol. Pretty good hockey.

Regardless, I don't understand your point about playing beer league hockey, what else is he supposed to do when he retires...dude played over a thousand games in the NHL as recently as 2 years ago. Just like the game has changed, he would have changed...training, weight vs. speed etc. You can't just say drop Player X from 2004 into 2017 without some caveats....IMO.
Closed Thread