Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2024, 09:49 PM   #4061
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zary's-Mustache View Post
Why do people have backyard fires when they don't even cook on them? Honestly confuses me. Like why do ppl just light wood and sit around it. Just so weird to me.

Keep warm; roast marshmallow; get rid of branches.

I think cooking anything other than hot dogs or marshmallows over them would be tricky with trying to control temperature and stuff, and most wood that people have bonfires with burn too fast and intense.
Wormius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2024, 09:54 PM   #4062
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fotze2 View Post
There is a clip going on twitter today that is absolutely nuts. No way I can post here but the theme is man pleasuring himself at gas pump. Good god.

What was being stuffed where? Is this a gas pump in the rear or wiener in the tank situation? Wiener in the pump?? Is there a fourth option??
Old 05-13-2024, 10:06 PM   #4063
bizaro86
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
What was being stuffed where? Is this a gas pump in the rear or wiener in the tank situation? Wiener in the pump?? Is there a fourth option??
I feel like this is a situation where maybe you should just look it up yourself instead of getting it described to you if you really want to know.

I can certainly live without the details.
bizaro86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2024, 10:39 PM   #4064
Zary's-Mustache
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Keep warm; roast marshmallow; get rid of branches.

I think cooking anything other than hot dogs or marshmallows over them would be tricky with trying to control temperature and stuff, and most wood that people have bonfires with burn too fast and intense.
People are lighting fires when it's warm outside.

A lot of my friends and family do this but I don't get it. Buy wood to light on fire and sit around. I guess it's good for conversation but we can just sit outside in lawn chairs without smelling like a camp fire after.
Zary's-Mustache is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zary's-Mustache For This Useful Post:
Old 05-13-2024, 10:58 PM   #4065
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Quote:
There is a clip going on twitter today that is absolutely nuts. No way I can post here but the theme is man pleasuring himself at gas pump. Good god.
I read the gas station was called Kum & Go
Old 05-13-2024, 11:42 PM   #4066
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
People are lighting fires when it's warm outside.

A lot of my friends and family do this but I don't get it. Buy wood to light on fire and sit around. I guess it's good for conversation but we can just sit outside in lawn chairs without smelling like a camp fire after.

What do you consider warm? I’d say it’s still pretty cool in the evenings. Fire provides some nice evening ambience. Presumably they’re not buying firewood and doing it *every* night. I personally don’t do it all the time, just whenever cuttings accumulate to the stage of having to do something.
Old 05-13-2024, 11:44 PM   #4067
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizaro86 View Post
I feel like this is a situation where maybe you should just look it up yourself instead of getting it described to you if you really want to know.

I can certainly live without the details.

I was just hoping for a nice fotze bed time story.
Old 05-14-2024, 09:22 AM   #4068
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyang View Post
I'm ok with reserving a table while others of your party are getting food. But I do have a pet peeve about people arriving at a show with rush seating, and reserving seats.
On this topic, general admission floor concerts at grey eagle and other smaller venues. 2700 people there, at a show with lots of crowd movement/Mosh pits ect.

Everyone in the first 50 feet of the stage is awesome and great to be around, letting people thru, high fiving, acting like an awesome community. But to get there you get that 500 or so that like to stand at the back behind all the movement.

K, great. But then they're also the uptight, nerdy type of concert goers that feel nobody should be able to get past them 20 mins before the show even starts, and act all indignant and try to block everyone from getting closer.

So annoying.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jayswin For This Useful Post:
Old 05-14-2024, 10:07 AM   #4069
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
On this topic, general admission floor concerts at grey eagle and other smaller venues. 2700 people there, at a show with lots of crowd movement/Mosh pits ect.

Everyone in the first 50 feet of the stage is awesome and great to be around, letting people thru, high fiving, acting like an awesome community. But to get there you get that 500 or so that like to stand at the back behind all the movement.

K, great. But then they're also the uptight, nerdy type of concert goers that feel nobody should be able to get past them 20 mins before the show even starts, and act all indignant and try to block everyone from getting closer.

So annoying.
Yeah, and if you're tall every once in a while you'll get some dope of the highest order behind you letting you know he can't see through you. Okay? Move, I guess. I can't make myself shorter; you're going to have to figure this one out on your own.

And I am mindful of where I stand...like, I would never just march up and stand in front of a short person. I'm talking about when I'm already there, then somebody posts up behind me, then gets frustrated I'm tall. Like, go away, dork.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sliver For This Useful Post:
Old 05-14-2024, 10:52 AM   #4070
Nufy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Wife has a small RRSP account from a recent employer. She no longer works there.

Can that be combined with another file with the same provider ?

Both are with Canada life if it matters...
Old 05-14-2024, 04:16 PM   #4071
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Calgary traffic is ####ing adorable.
Scroopy Noopers is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Scroopy Noopers For This Useful Post:
Old 05-14-2024, 04:20 PM   #4072
fotze2
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nufy View Post
Wife has a small RRSP account from a recent employer. She no longer works there.

Not an advisor but I have done that a lot of times. Those crap providers like that will most likely charge a fee per fund. I seem to remember $25 per.
fotze2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2024, 07:46 PM   #4073
D as in David
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Pump in rump. His wand in his other hand.
D as in David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2024, 10:49 PM   #4074
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

My autocorrect seems to want to change “Percy” into “Pervy”. I wonder how many emails get sent out as, “Hi Pervy”?
Old 05-15-2024, 07:12 AM   #4075
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nufy View Post

Yes you can combine RRSP’s. It’ll be a problem if you’re trying to combine a LIRA and RRSP or things like that.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2024, 07:46 AM   #4076
fotze2
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
Yes you can combine RRSP’s. It’ll be a problem if you’re trying to combine a LIRA and RRSP or things like that.
Yup, the LIRA needed its own second account, but can be moved wherever.
fotze2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2024, 08:43 AM   #4077
Lubicon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Yup, the LIRA needed its own second account, but can be moved wherever.
Can you add to an existing LIRA? I have one from years ago (profit sharing plan from previous employer). We will be changing plan providers with my current employer and have a dormant profit sharing plan with them as well. Not sure what will become of it, we don't have details yet but it would seem logical to be able to roll it into my existing LIRA rather than having to set up a second one.
Lubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2024, 12:43 PM   #4078
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lubicon View Post
Can you add to an existing LIRA? I have one from years ago (profit sharing plan from previous employer). We will be changing plan providers with my current employer and have a dormant profit sharing plan with them as well. Not sure what will become of it, we don't have details yet but it would seem logical to be able to roll it into my existing LIRA rather than having to set up a second one.
You can combine LIRAs if they have the same pension jurisdiction. So, for example, if those are both Alberta LIRAs, you could make them into one account.

If you have a DPSP though, that would likely end up being an RRSP and you could combine that there. It's hard for me to say just going off your comments, but this is what I glean from your post.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2024, 01:06 PM   #4079
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Why do people have backyard fires when they don't even cook on them? Honestly confuses me. Like why do ppl just light wood and sit around it. Just so weird to me.
Staring into the licking flames of a fire is one of life's pure joys.
TheIronMaiden is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TheIronMaiden For This Useful Post:
Old 05-15-2024, 07:19 PM   #4080
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Glad my mom is still sharp, she just had one of those Whatsapp scams where someone contacted her pretending to be me and asking for money.

Scary though reading the messages, they might have fooled a grandparent or someone a bit older. ####in scumbag scammer pricks
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to btimbit For This Useful Post: