Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2017, 11:01 AM   #4021
calgaryblood
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern2814 View Post
Yeah Brodie really dragged Wideman to the bottom of a lake.
Wideman actually looked better away from Brodie.
Old 11-22-2017, 11:05 AM   #4022
IrishSpring2013
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

tj brodie has 14 points... is on pace for 57.. only one year removed.. from back2back 40 point years...

the "top 6" forward brought back better be a 1st liner.. capable of more than that.. because while tj's brain has farted more then we want... he's still super valuable...
Old 11-22-2017, 11:05 AM   #4023
Backlunds_socks
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post
I hate to say it, but the most expendable guy on defense might be the one that has the third highest trade value on the entire team.

With brodie-stone, and gio-anybody being so solid, and Andersson being the most nhl ready prospect on the right side... dougie can get you all of your picks back, and a player to help now.

I don't see a major trade happening though.

Also, as an aside...

Backlunds socks, if you want to become a positive legend around here, we can build a dedicated thread to your trolling other teams forums. I think that you could be a monster at that, considering how riled up you get people here, without even trying.

lol no mob mentality here.
Old 11-22-2017, 11:20 AM   #4024
Jacks
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgaryblood View Post
Why do we need to keep finding partners for Brodie? If he needs a special partner maybe he needs to go down the lineup.
Because part of building a team is finding chemistry between pairings/lines.
Several players have worked great with Brodie and several haven't. When he is paired with someone he meshs with he's a valuable part of this team. Not sure why we are trying to shove a round peg in a square hole.
Old 11-22-2017, 11:23 AM   #4025
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backlunds_socks View Post
lol no mob mentality here.
Seriously quit playing the victim card and move on. Maybe take note of how often you get in these battles with posters and perhaps try and alter your posting style to limit those confrontations? The fact you get into this with multiple posters likely means you are doing something that sets people off. When more than 1 person comes at you the response is to present yourself as some kind of victim.

I don’t think you need to stop posting but make efforts to change the style of posting that won’t ignite the backlash you so hate (or love). If you want to continue these battles so be it but don’t whine that you are being piled on. Either ignore it and move on or have a healthy debate until it is clear that you and your opponent need to agree to disagree
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Vinny01 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-22-2017, 11:25 AM   #4026
Backlunds_socks
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny01 View Post
Seriously quit playing the victim card and move on. Maybe take note of how often you get in these battles with posters and perhaps try and alter your posting style to limit those confrontations? The fact you get into this with multiple posters likely means you are doing something that sets people off. When more than 1 person comes at you the response is to present yourself as some kind of victim.

I don’t think you need to stop posting but make efforts to change the style of posting that won’t ignite the backlash you so hate (or love). If you want to continue these battles so be it but don’t whine that you are being piled on. Either ignore it and move on or have a healthy debate until it is clear that you and your opponent need to agree to disagree

Lol guy, a healthy debate is getting berated by people like you and being called a Oiler Fan for posting views that the mass think are wrong.

It happened back in the what will Bennett get thread too; people were advocating 3-5 million per year while i was saying 1.5 -2 and CP was calling me an oilers fan then too. Lol, take the blinders off and realize that mob mentality is real and not all players on the flames are studs.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Backlunds_socks For This Useful Post:
Old 11-22-2017, 11:26 AM   #4027
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgaryblood View Post
Wideman actually looked better away from Brodie.
Because he was moved down tot he third pairing and not playing by against top comepetition?

Wideman looked like a disaster when he was with Gio in the past as well.

Brodie is a very capable top 4 Dman. He doesn’t look as good when he is not with Gio. No shock there as Gio is an elite top pairing Dman proven over several seasons.

I don’t think he is the train wreck you are making him out to be
Old 11-22-2017, 11:27 AM   #4028
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kybb79 View Post
I would trade Brodie for a true shutdown big physical Dman.I wish we could clone Regehr.
Regehr would suck in today's game
Old 11-22-2017, 11:27 AM   #4029
handgroen
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Hit the ignore button guv.

This is a terrible community lately, agree with the mass or be showered with hate from others.

Its like you guys think every player on the flames is amazing and coach is a agod damn all star.

Reality check, we have amazing players and very weak players. WE have players that used to be good (brodie) who are now whatevers. Its sad, but the flames are not a team full of amazing superstars - we have our Gio, Monohan, JG, Chucky, Hamilton and hopefully Janko - but brodie does not join that conversation anymore.
done and done

is your cat doing singing?
Old 11-22-2017, 11:28 AM   #4030
yourbestfriend
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Our team is worse off without Brodie, regardless of who we get back. I'm not even sure why some of you guys are thinking about trading him. We have nobody in our organization who we can say will definitively replace his minutes. If it's me, I don't trade him ever.

In terms of value, look at what Larsson returned. At worst, Brodie is equivalent to Larsson. Yes, in hindsight Chiarelli got ripped, but to think that Brodie doesn't return a legitimate top6 or borderline top3 forward is ridiculous.
The Following User Says Thank You to yourbestfriend For This Useful Post:
Old 11-22-2017, 11:30 AM   #4031
Kybb79
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaudfather View Post
Flames have Gio, Hamonic and Stone to play the physical roles. Brodie and Hamilton are to be the offensive minded puck movers that can skate you out of trouble in your own end, and jump in the rush going the other way.

If Treliving ever traded Brodie for a Regehr type d-man (which he won't), it wouldn't be very long before people would be lamenting the lack of the offensive and skating skills.
I said that because the D gives up too many shots and prime scoring chances.Lucky we have Smith to bail them out.Im not sure we have the right mix to be a legit top Dcore in the NHL.
Old 11-22-2017, 11:30 AM   #4032
IrishSpring2013
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
wut..?? no.. regher played lots in "todays game".. and was still a force.. robyn was dominant.. positionally.. dominant..
Old 11-22-2017, 11:32 AM   #4033
Backlunds_socks
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Was he not instrumental in LA winning a cup in todays game?
Old 11-22-2017, 11:32 AM   #4034
calgaryblood
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Why do you say that? Regehr was a team Canada representative that played against the best players in the world. Was a good skater in his prime and kept up to Hemsky many times and made him pay the price.

I think he absolutely could play in today's game since you know he hasn't been retired for that long and still kept up while being older and slower.

You're selling him short.
Old 11-22-2017, 11:33 AM   #4035
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Lol guy, a healthy debate is getting berated by people like you and being called a Oiler Fan for posting views that the mass think are wrong.

It happened back in the what will Bennett get thread too; people were advocating 3-5 million per year while i was saying 1.5 -2 and CP was calling me an oilers fan then too. Lol, take the blinders off and realize that mob mentality is real and not all players on the flames are studs.
Comments like the last one will constantly have you piled on. You won’t learn in my opinion. You paint everyone with the same brush. Lots of people have different opinions but it is the way you present them. You come off like a troll so people assume you are. You can’t have a civil debate and the comments you make cause people to respond because of the way you make them.

That’s it for me on this topic I prefer to discuss trade rumors.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vinny01 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-22-2017, 11:34 AM   #4036
puckedoff
First Line Centre

Exp:

For every defensive gaffe Brodie makes, he makes 4 incredible defensive plays and registers a goal or assist. You guys should watch other teams more to see what a typical top 4 D-man plays like. Trading Brodie is ludicrous unless the return is overwhelming.
Old 11-22-2017, 11:36 AM   #4037
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

I hate that Brodie is becoming a CP whipping boy.

The angry mob always has to have someone in their cross hairs.
Old 11-22-2017, 11:40 AM   #4038
calgaryblood
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof-Daddy View Post

Posts like these add nothing to the discussion.

Everybody wants to see Brodie succeed. He was one of my favorite prospects and players the first few years.

What has gotten into him lately beats me. Could be personal issues but he still makes bad judgements and reads a lot of games.

If most posters are noticing his mistakes doesn't that tell you that just maybe he does make a lot of errors? He's had a bunch of great games this season and last season but the lulls in between are too often and last too long.
Old 11-22-2017, 11:41 AM   #4039
ComixZone
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof-Daddy View Post

It's not like Brouwer isn't sitting RIGHT THERE for everyone to focus in on either. Are they just bored of him?

You want actual data and the eye test to line up on who is the worst Calgary Flame? It's all there. It's Brouwer, it's undeniable. But nah man - I want to be on the edge, a cool guy, I want to focus in on a good player and whip him down. Damn that Brodie and his 57 point pace while being an effective, but not perfect 2nd pairing d-man.

Damn him for not being utterly perfect in every way!

Old 11-22-2017, 11:41 AM   #4040
locsofblu
First Line Centre

Exp:

Well Smith's great play won't last forever in Calgary I'd be open to a Brodie trade that would bring in another capable goaltender to help ease the load off of Smith and potentially transitition to the starters role. Gillies and Rittich aren't locks imo so a Brodie trade would makes sense.
Closed Thread