Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2024, 05:52 PM   #4021
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
Where do lice even come from? Are they native to Canada and they just end up on your scalp or what?
Japanese rice fields.
topfiverecords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2024, 09:25 PM   #4022
Sr. Mints
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Where do lice even come from? Are they native to Canada and they just end up on your scalp or what?
I don't know, I don't recall it being a thing when I was a kid - or at least it never affected any class I was in.

It's one of those things that if I think about it, I will actually lose sleep. I'm getting random itch sensations all over as I type this
Sr. Mints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2024, 09:56 PM   #4023
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sr. Mints View Post
I don't know, I don't recall it being a thing when I was a kid - or at least it never affected any class I was in.

It's one of those things that if I think about it, I will actually lose sleep. I'm getting random itch sensations all over as I type this

Like bed bugs. I am paranoid about cheap hotels now. Basically watching the series, “Infested!” has ruined a lot of things. Like Australia and the Southern US.
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2024, 11:03 PM   #4024
fotze2
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I need a safety burger. I want a Dave’s double classic but there is a high likelihood it will be a disaster when I open it. But I will chance it.

I need a safety burger that is unfataupable in case what I really want is actually a disaster .
fotze2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2024, 10:21 AM   #4025
Titan2
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fotze2 View Post
I need a safety burger. I want a Dave’s double classic but there is a high likelihood it will be a disaster when I open it. But I will chance it.

I need a safety burger that is unfataupable in case what I really want is actually a disaster .
Ummm. Huh?
Old 05-10-2024, 10:53 AM   #4026
Lubicon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Man, I've told this before, but one time I was at the Saskatoon airport and the security freak-a-zoid put my earbuds from my iPod (this was like 20 years ago) in his fricken' ears to make sure it wasn't a bomb? Like, you stupid nasty moron.
Regina has consistently been the worst for the airports I have transited.
Lubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2024, 11:04 AM   #4027
Harry Lime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fotze2 View Post

The only slightly readily available burger that hasn't dropped in quality as price raised, is five guys. I got a junior bacon a couple of weeks ago, and the patty is noticeably smaller, for being nowhere near a value burger.

Best option is to bite the bullet and go to a standalone drivethrough. I ends up being like two dollars more a burger than McDs at this point.
Old 05-10-2024, 11:21 PM   #4028
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

I thought this was kind of interesting in an AITA kind of way. I am not involved in this, but stumbled across it and didn’t want to chime in cause I don’t want to get booted from the group, but personally I think it’s a super obnoxious, dick move behaviour to stake out a table if you haven’t picked up your food order and are ready to sit down and eat. I mean, I wouldn’t have sat down without asking, but I also would have silently judged the family who was occupying the table prematurely.

Old 05-11-2024, 08:03 AM   #4029
Brendone
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

The worst part of Costco is that people make it an “activity”. Go get your crap and get out! I want nothing to do with the tourists wandering the merchandise, never mind the grazing hoards at the tables.
Brendone is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Brendone For This Useful Post:
Old 05-11-2024, 09:04 AM   #4030
Swift
Not Taylor

Exp:

Quote:
I thought this was kind of interesting in an AITA kind of way. I am not involved in this, but stumbled across it and didn’t want to chime in cause I don’t want to get booted from the group, but personally I think it’s a super obnoxious, dick move behaviour to stake out a table if you haven’t picked up your food order and are ready to sit down and eat. I mean, I wouldn’t have sat down without asking, but I also would have silently judged the family who was occupying the table prematurely.

Is that ####### behaviour? I would think it's standard to occupy a table while one person orders the food? Not specifically talking about Costco as I've never stopped there to eat but if you're a family of four for example it makes more sense to me to have the others sit down while one orders rather than having all four people crowding the counter/lining up.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Swift For This Useful Post:
Old 05-11-2024, 09:13 AM   #4031
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Reminds me of being a kid at the ski hill while parents grabbed food. Taken. Taken. Taken. See that glove on the seat? It means it's taken.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2024, 09:24 AM   #4032
bizaro86
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Reminds me of being a kid at the ski hill while parents grabbed food. Taken. Taken. Taken. See that glove on the seat? It means it's taken.
Listen, I'm coming back to the lodge at 4:45 for a hot chocolate. If I reserve a table at 9AM I know it'll be ready.
bizaro86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2024, 09:53 AM   #4033
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swift View Post
Is that ####### behaviour? I would think it's standard to occupy a table while one person orders the food? Not specifically talking about Costco as I've never stopped there to eat but if you're a family of four for example it makes more sense to me to have the others sit down while one orders rather than having all four people crowding the counter/lining up.

I think seating should be prioritized for people with food-in-hand. If your group is still waiting for the order, then you don’t need the table yet. It’s no better than somebody standing in a parking spot to claim it for a friend.

Or at the very least then, just have everyone sit down while waiting for food order, so it looks less like you’re inviting others to share the table with you.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wormius For This Useful Post:
Old 05-11-2024, 03:30 PM   #4034
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

I never realized this before but there are two houses in the middle of Shouldice Park along the river. Living there must be pretty interesting. It would probably be an awesome house to have parties at because you don't have any neighbors to piss off but on the down side the area is always super busy. Also the flood risk is pretty brutal but super interesting properties.
calgarygeologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2024, 05:22 PM   #4035
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
I think seating should be prioritized for people with food-in-hand. If your group is still waiting for the order, then you don’t need the table yet. It’s no better than somebody standing in a parking spot to claim it for a friend.

Or at the very least then, just have everyone sit down while waiting for food order, so it looks less like you’re inviting others to share the table with you.
"Sweet, grab that empty table and I'll get the food."

No transgression there, imo. It's super normal and not offside.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Sliver For This Useful Post:
Old 05-12-2024, 05:43 PM   #4036
cam_wmh
Franchise Player

Exp:

Soccer dad’s & mom’s milking their soda pop’s in prime Powder Keg seating. Go sit in Sawyers, or either day lodge, until your harem arrives.
cam_wmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2024, 05:57 PM   #4037
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
"Sweet, grab that empty table and I'll get the food."

No transgression there, imo. It's super normal and not offside.

I guess if it serves your interests at the time, then maybe it feels right to plunk your butt down and hold a table while other people *with* food are searching for a place to sit. I’d personally be feeling a little embarrassed if I was sitting there and another family with food in their arms was trying to find a spot.

I still think the practice is just as bad as walking into a parking spot and preventing anybody else from parking there.
Old 05-12-2024, 06:24 PM   #4038
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
I guess if it serves your interests at the time, then maybe it feels right to plunk your butt down and hold a table while other people *with* food are searching for a place to sit. I’d personally be feeling a little embarrassed if I was sitting there and another family with food in their arms was trying to find a spot.

I still think the practice is just as bad as walking into a parking spot and preventing anybody else from parking there.
I get the analogy. I honestly never considered it to be rude...just seemed normal.

Now that I know it's potentially making somebody mad I will enjoy it all the more, so I'm glad you brought it up.

There is something delightful about pissing somebody off, but having an air of blissful ignorance about you, so they can't make a stink, but they sort of know you're in heaven because you stepped on their toes. Idk what that is...there's probably a great word in German for it.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2024, 06:40 PM   #4039
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I get the analogy. I honestly never considered it to be rude...just seemed normal.

Now that I know it's potentially making somebody mad I will enjoy it all the more, so I'm glad you brought it up.

There is something delightful about pissing somebody off, but having an air of blissful ignorance about you, so they can't make a stink, but they sort of know you're in heaven because you stepped on their toes. Idk what that is...there's probably a great word in German for it.

You are risking me sitting next to you though, because in my particular worldview, cafeteria tables have no boundaries. An empty seat means that spot is free.
Old 05-12-2024, 06:59 PM   #4040
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
You are risking me sitting next to you though, because in my particular worldview, cafeteria tables have no boundaries. An empty seat means that spot is free.
Just a clear violation of the social contract though. Everyone else does it the way Sliver is talking about.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Slava For This Useful Post: