Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2017, 09:08 AM   #3981
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Flames gave up way too much for Harmonic to see him being moved so soon. They obviously see a lot in him so I am certain they give him every opportunity to make the Flames better.
Old 11-22-2017, 09:09 AM   #3982
Backlunds_socks
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSpring2013 View Post
can you do everyone a huge favour.. huge... stop posting..???
Hit the ignore button guv.

This is a terrible community lately, agree with the mass or be showered with hate from others.

Its like you guys think every player on the flames is amazing and coach is a agod damn all star.

Reality check, we have amazing players and very weak players. WE have players that used to be good (brodie) who are now whatevers. Its sad, but the flames are not a team full of amazing superstars - we have our Gio, Monohan, JG, Chucky, Hamilton and hopefully Janko - but brodie does not join that conversation anymore.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Backlunds_socks For This Useful Post:
Old 11-22-2017, 09:18 AM   #3983
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

Do people forget how much of a train wreck Dougie was defensively his first year here and the beginning of last year. A big difference between he and Hamonic is he had the offensive output that was very impressive.

Personally I think it is going to take Hamonic another 5-10 games to really feel comfortable. I am not going to be overly concerned unless our second pairing is still struggling this much at the 40 game mark
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vinny01 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-22-2017, 09:20 AM   #3984
Backlunds_socks
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny01 View Post
Do people forget how much of a train wreck Dougie was defensively his first year here and the beginning of last year. A big difference between he and Hamonic is he had the offensive output that was very impressive.

Personally I think it is going to take Hamonic another 5-10 games to really feel comfortable. I am not going to be overly concerned unless our second pairing is still struggling this much at the 40 game mark
I agree, he needs time
Old 11-22-2017, 09:44 AM   #3985
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backlunds_socks View Post

This is a terrible community lately, agree with the mass or be showered with hate from others.

Its like you guys think every player on the flames is amazing and coach is a agod damn all star.

Reality check, we have amazing players and very weak players. WE have players that used to be good (brodie) who are now whatevers. Its sad, but the flames are not a team full of amazing superstars - we have our Gio, Monohan, JG, Chucky, Hamilton and hopefully Janko - but brodie does not join that conversation anymore.
This is a great community. Now, then and always.

Welcome to life. People have opinions. You can generally define percentage to those that agree with those opinions and a percentage to those that don't.

You a free to consistently disagree with the masses but don't be obnoxious about it.

Maybe the forum up north is more for you.
Old 11-22-2017, 09:57 AM   #3986
Backlunds_socks
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by topfiverecords View Post
This is a great community. Now, then and always.

Welcome to life. People have opinions. You can generally define percentage to those that agree with those opinions and a percentage to those that don't.

You a free to consistently disagree with the masses but don't be obnoxious about it.

Maybe the forum up north is more for you.
There it is, don't tow the community line I must be an Oiler fan. WTF.

terrible.
The Following User Says Thank You to Backlunds_socks For This Useful Post:
Old 11-22-2017, 10:07 AM   #3987
Badgers Nose
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

You should read more and post less. I say that because what you describe in no way matches what I read here. There is virtually no consensus and lots of healthy debate. Polls on just about any topic consistently prove it too.

A few people disagree with you and you flip out.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Badgers Nose For This Useful Post:
Old 11-22-2017, 10:14 AM   #3988
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
There it is, don't tow the community line I must be an Oiler fan. WTF.

terrible.
There it is. Another Backlunds_socks flip out. Toughen up. No one is out to get you.
Old 11-22-2017, 10:14 AM   #3989
Backlunds_socks
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by topfiverecords View Post
There it is. Another Backlunds_socks flip out. Toughen up. No one is out to get you.
Are you kidding me? Everyother posts manics like you comeout jus tto attack.

Look at squigly lines boy in the other thread.
Old 11-22-2017, 10:14 AM   #3990
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Nothing worse on this message board than an aggressive/overly active poster with endless stupid takes who plays the victim card non-stop.

The trifecta of thread ruining badness.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Roof-Daddy For This Useful Post:
Old 11-22-2017, 10:19 AM   #3991
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Are you kidding me? Everyother posts manics like you comeout jus tto attack.

Look at squigly lines boy in the other thread.
I can see rage in your formatting. Mellow.
Old 11-22-2017, 10:20 AM   #3992
shotinthebacklund
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

ok. Stop quoting and move on.

I have a hard time seeing the flames going out and making any moves at this point. Maybe a Dman come the draft.
Old 11-22-2017, 10:23 AM   #3993
calgaryblood
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Brodie should still have significant value but if I were the Flames I'd do it quickly because the way he's played for the better part of 2 seasons I don't think that value will last very long.

He's brought down every single partner he's been paired with for 2 seasons.
Old 11-22-2017, 10:23 AM   #3994
calgaryblood
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Brodie should still have significant value but if I were the Flames I'd do it quickly because the way he's played for the better part of 2 seasons I don't think that value will last very long.

He's brought down every single partner he's been paired with for 2 seasons.
Old 11-22-2017, 10:30 AM   #3995
Poe969
Franchise Player

Exp:

If the Flames trade for Kane (I would support it depending on cost) then it would be fore futures and probably a current player. The Flames would have to make room on the roster for Kane anyway so someone would have to go.

The way Ferland is playing, he has to stay. Johnny and Mony are staying no matter what. The 3M line is working amazingly and they have chemistry but would Kane be an upgrade on Frolik? Would he fit there or would it screw up the chemistry too much? Janko is staying for sure IMO, there's no way they get rid of him after investing that much time in him. You don't trade Jagr. Bennett is always a question, do they trade him and get someone who's better now in Kane or do they stay the course and hope for the best. I don't think Buffalo wants anyone from the fourth line and even so, Kane wouldn't be playing on the fourth line.

So the question is, where does he fit? There's the option of moving Ferland down and trying Kane on the top line but that my not work for both Kane and Ferland...but it might add more scoring to the first line and add some scoring to the fourth line.

I have no idea, a lot of people think the team is doing great now and don't want to change anything but the team isn't perfect and an always improve but changing the roster may mess up what the team has now and make the team worse.

I'm just glad that none of us are in charge.
Old 11-22-2017, 10:36 AM   #3996
kevman
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
yah, ok.

Homer glasses on effect.
Ok then, why doesn't Brodie get you a top 6 guy?

Is it because he's a workhorse that leads the Flames in TOI? Or is it because he's our leading scorer on defense? His value to the Flames, whether you like it or not, has to get you a top 6 guy or your team is going backwards.

Brodie is a top 4 defenseman on most teams. If that doesn't get you a top 6 guy in a trade, while dealing from a position of strength, then you've lost that trade.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kevman For This Useful Post:
Old 11-22-2017, 10:37 AM   #3997
Harry Lime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Poe, you are right. I don't see major changes to the top 9 forwards. That only leaves girgensons as a target (and a good target IMO) or a project to replace Jagr or (hopefully not) Backlund next year.

Andersson is a nice internal option for us on defense, so if we look to trade for a project or young player, I see a D going the other way.

If girgensons, we could cut away at the fringes to make that deal. Personally I like it, if that happens.
Old 11-22-2017, 10:37 AM   #3998
Harry Lime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Double post
Old 11-22-2017, 10:41 AM   #3999
IgiTang
Self-Retired

Exp:

I don’t agree with Backlund Socks... ever. But you guys are making his point.

He doesn’t agree, says something contrary and guys keep taking runs at him. What does he do? Stand his ground or cower? The way some people respond to others, the optics appear to be to create an argument and be-little rather than have a discussion.

CP is a DISCUSSION board/community.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IgiTang For This Useful Post:
Old 11-22-2017, 10:41 AM   #4000
Backlunds_socks
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevman View Post
Ok then, why doesn't Brodie get you a top 6 guy?

Is it because he's a workhorse that leads the Flames in TOI? Or is it because he's our leading scorer on defense? His value to the Flames, whether you like it or not, has to get you a top 6 guy or your team is going backwards.

Brodie is a top 4 defenseman on most teams. If that doesn't get you a top 6 guy in a trade, while dealing from a position of strength, then you've lost that trade.
Its because he sucks at his job as a defencemen and he's not exactly karlson on the offence.
Closed Thread