Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Leagues and Games > Calgarypuck's Connected GM League > Archives
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2012, 09:07 PM   #381
FlyingDonutz
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayems View Post
Who's running the 360 one ?
Well I'm the commish for the 360. But if someone else is making the thread I dont care.

You know now that I'm playing with HardCore gamestyle I notice truly how bad I am in the faceoff circle.

PM me if you need a new Sig! 100 percent free of charge!
I got the moves like Miikka, I got the moves like Miikka

Last edited by FlyingDonutz; 08-27-2012 at 09:45 PM.
Old 08-27-2012, 10:11 PM   #382
Hades
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Yeah HCore is quite the change from what I usually play. Gonna have to work on passing a fair amount, and like FD I was terrible at faceoffs, like 1/7 in the two games I played.
More challanging...I like it!
Old 08-28-2012, 12:15 AM   #383
Joborule
Franchise Player

Exp:

What's your guys opinion on the day length for each weekly round? With 5 minute periods, games would normally end in regulation around 20 minutes. With 7 minutes, that would be bumped up a little more to about half hour. If a user was to play each game, he would use up about 2.5 hours in total. Would it better to gives users 2 days to complete the five games, or 3 is good? 2 days allows us to get through the season very quickly, but 3 days gives the benefit of an extra day.

For reference, here's how it would pan out:

3 Days

Week 1: Sept 17 - 19
Week 2: Sept 20 - 22
Week 3: Sept 23 - 25
Week 4: Sept 26 - 28

2 Days

Week 1: Sept 17/18
Week 2: Sept 19/20
Week 3: Sept 21/22
Week 4: Sept 23/24
Week 6: Sept 25/26
Week 7: Sept 27/28

As you can see with 2 days, the pace of the league would basically double.
The Following User Says Thank You to Joborule For This Useful Post:
Old 08-28-2012, 12:32 AM   #384
3 Justin 3
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

How many games are in a season?

I assume 82, but can anyone confirm?
Old 08-28-2012, 01:10 AM   #385
Joborule
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 Justin 3 View Post
How many games are in a season?

I assume 82, but can anyone confirm?
82. It's based on NHL schedule format.
Old 08-28-2012, 02:10 AM   #386
FlyingDonutz
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Whatever works for everyone else. I can do either- but 2 days is my preference. But 3 days will work because I'm sure I have one of the loosest schedules here- the only thing i have is school, honestly.

PM me if you need a new Sig! 100 percent free of charge!
I got the moves like Miikka, I got the moves like Miikka
Old 08-28-2012, 02:51 AM   #387
bspec
Backup Goalie

Exp:

I'd personally like the benefit of an extra day, so my vote goes to 3 days. I don't think there's a crazy rush to get through the seasons. It will be so much more rewarding going through the ups and downs of a longer season than flying through them.

Plus, unlike FlyingDonutz, I'm sure a lot of us don't have the luxury of getting through 5 games in 2 days especially with other NHL 13 business like setting up strategies, scouting, trades, free agency, etc. Not to mention the many other game modes that will be played!

That being said, I could probably do 2 days, but my preference is 3. Getting through 7 weeks of the schedule in the span of 10 real time days is pretty fast.
Old 08-28-2012, 06:04 AM   #388
miraisoup
Scoring Winger

Exp:

3 days just seems easier for everyone involved with work and kids and the like. I choose 3 days.

Last edited by miraisoup; 08-28-2012 at 06:07 AM.
Old 08-28-2012, 07:58 AM   #389
zukes
Nostradamus

Exp:

Skill Level - All-Star
Play Style - Hardcore
Period Length - 7 or 8
Overtime - personally, I'd rather it mirror the NHL, but not a deal breaker.

Season Round length - 3 days, or there will be a lot of simming. I know some people will complain that play the game all the time, but I have a demanding job, a wife, a 5 year old son and a 3 year old daughter that also demand my time. As it is, I can probably only play 1 night out of 3, maybe 2, so that gives me a fighting chance.

Transaction Approvals - I like week long as just like a bad fantasy league, you will have people who will make trades every day for the sake of making a trade. I would vote for even longer if available.

Playoff Round Lengths - 5 or 7, 3 is far too short, the playoffs are supposed to be a grind, not that I'll make it, LOL.
Playoff Overtime - Continuous OT 100%
Old 08-28-2012, 08:51 AM   #390
king_amonte
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

I also vote for 3 days as with the others I have a busy schedule (wife, 3 kids, F/T job etc etc) 3 days gives me a chance to get to play some games, also like with the others at least best of 5 for playoff (I would even do best of 7) because I feel like it will be much more fun having a battle!! Can't wait to get started!
Lets Retire #10....not Roberts.....Amonte
Old 08-28-2012, 10:21 AM   #391
FlamesKickAss
Franchise Player

Exp:

Is it possible to set the first couple round of the playoffs to 5 games and then the SCF to 7?

7 minute periods works
3 days per week

Everything else I am good with.

I'm xbox though.
Old 08-28-2012, 10:50 AM   #392
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

I pretty much fully agree with Zukes above.

As somebody with kids and all the business that comes along with it, my vote is also 3 days. Worst case scenario if somebody like me finds that to be too much of a commitment I might just have to pull back on my desire to play every single game.

While staying true to the regular season regarding ot's and shootouts, continuous OT will be more fun and the shootouts seem ridiculously hard to score in this year, so I'm in.

7 minute periods sound great.
Old 08-28-2012, 11:21 AM   #393
likwid888
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Good list Broseph. I also agree that we should stick to Continuous OT during the season. Ways to exploit goalies in shoot outs are always discovered.
Old 08-28-2012, 12:27 PM   #394
miraisoup
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Ways to exploit goalies period are always there but yeah I think maybe get rid of the shootout. Unless you can make the goalie human controlled for the shootout. Also ways to exploit that so yeah maybe just no shootouts.

Also, is it going to be All-Star just for when people can't play? Honestly superstar when it's 1 on 1 is a blast. It is what me and my friends play on all the time but if you're playing the Computer All-Star is fine.

Last edited by miraisoup; 08-28-2012 at 12:39 PM.
Old 08-28-2012, 12:49 PM   #395
Joborule
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesKickAss View Post
Is it possible to set the first couple round of the playoffs to 5 games and then the SCF to 7?
Quote:
Originally Posted by miraisoup View Post
Also, is it going to be All-Star just for when people can't play? Honestly superstar when it's 1 on 1 is a blast. It is what me and my friends play on all the time but if you're playing the Computer All-Star is fine.
Both of these have to be consistent settings.
Old 08-28-2012, 01:05 PM   #396
FlamesKickAss
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joborule View Post
I would say 5 or 7 doesnt really matter.
Old 08-28-2012, 01:35 PM   #397
Conman57
Farm Team Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zukes View Post
Transaction Approvals - I like week long as just like a bad fantasy league, you will have people who will make trades every day for the sake of making a trade. I would vote for even longer if available.
I think that we should have transaction approvals as frequently as possible. If the commissioner wants to have them every so often it should be his choice. I haven't done any fantasy leagues before but a week sounds a bit too long, maybe a couple times a week would be better than that.

On a different note, what if the commish is going on vacation or something? Do we wait for the commish to get back or do we elect a new commish for the time that the real commissioner is gone?

I'm on my phone but I'll try to keep the spelling mistakes to a minimum, sorry if I miss any!
Old 08-28-2012, 01:50 PM   #398
miraisoup
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joborule View Post
Yeah after I posted that I realised we likely wouldn't be able to change on the fly, ah well.
Old 08-28-2012, 01:59 PM   #399
bspec
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conman57 View Post
On a different note, what if the commish is going on vacation or something? Do we wait for the commish to get back or do we elect a new commish for the time that the real commissioner is gone?
Good question. It would have to depend on the length of the vacation of course. For me personally, I shouldn't be gone for more than a week for a while since I took my big vacation in May. I'm hoping that EA adds a feature to their mobile app to allow commissioners to approve trades, signings, etc. on the road.

It would be great if there was some sort of web interface that would show the standings, each GM, player stats, recent transactions, etc. Much like a fantasy league actually.
Old 08-28-2012, 02:08 PM   #400
Pierre "Monster" McGuire
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zukes View Post
Skill Level - All-Star
Play Style - Hardcore
Period Length - 7 or 8
Overtime - personally, I'd rather it mirror the NHL, but not a deal breaker.

Season Round length - 3 days, or there will be a lot of simming. I know some people will complain that play the game all the time, but I have a demanding job, a wife, a 5 year old son and a 3 year old daughter that also demand my time. As it is, I can probably only play 1 night out of 3, maybe 2, so that gives me a fighting chance.

Playoff Round Lengths - 5 or 7, 3 is far too short, the playoffs are supposed to be a grind, not that I'll make it, LOL.
Playoff Overtime - Continuous OT 100%
I fully support this. Seems fair for everyone's play style and life in general.
Closed Thread

Tags
connected gm , ea sports , nhl 13 , online dynasty , video game