Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-2015, 03:26 PM   #21
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch
I would expect that we are going to see anther stone in Antman and possibly another in the next Guardians movie.
Thought about this, and I think the Reality stone shows up in Dr. Strange (thinking about what that movie's going to be like), and the time one in the next Avengers flick as the last one Thanos needs to get ahold of.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 03:31 PM   #22
Finger Cookin
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack&Lube View Post
Spoiler!
Spoiler!

Last edited by Finger Cookin; 05-01-2015 at 03:55 PM.
Finger Cookin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 03:55 PM   #23
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Cookin View Post
Spoiler!
Spoiler!
Hack&Lube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 04:07 PM   #24
Finger Cookin
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack&Lube View Post
Spoiler!
Spoiler!
Old 05-01-2015, 06:57 PM   #25
Acey
Franchise Player

Exp:

For what it's worth, right now it's look like Age of Ultron will do the following:

- Highest single day gross in the history of film (today)
- Highest grossing opening weekend in the history of film
Acey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 11:37 PM   #26
Hockey_Ninja

Exp:

Just got back home from it. It's a fun film. I can see the flaws and why some won't like it, but if you go into it without any expectations you should enjoy it.
Old 05-02-2015, 01:49 AM   #27
Jbo
NOT a cool kid

Exp:

Just got back as well and absolutely loved it. Maybe even more then the first one. So many amazing geek out moments.
Jbo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 07:50 AM   #28
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Aether could already be the reality stone. The dark elves wanted to use it to rebuild their world.

Ultron was a good popcorn flick. Were the money to see it. Humour was great.

I have a feeling that the infinity war movies are going to be rough. In the comics every superhero had crossovers into it and it was massive in scope. I don't see how it gets paired down to a movie or two. And making someone all powerful always needs a park your brain solution. So while I love the lead up I think that the two worst Marvel movies are coming soon.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 08:46 AM   #29
Finger Cookin
Franchise Player

Exp:

But Daredevil and Elektra have already been released.
The Following User Says Thank You to Finger Cookin For This Useful Post:
GGG
Old 05-02-2015, 09:35 AM   #30
Poe969
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorchyScorch View Post
well someone is brainwashed. marvel has you under their fat thumb, no matter what quality of product they pump out. audiences today make me sad...

though im seeing it tonight because I was invited out. I heard its 3 hours of CGI over load, which should be enjoyable for maybe a half hour to an hour, then all the awe and impressiveness of it will dissipate as it just looks like a giant video game cut scene. I'll go in with low expectations and hopefully find some pleasant surprises.

I'm more excited for Ex Machina which is getting a calgary release next friday, from the director of sunshine and 28 days later. looks way more promising. but it's hard to pass up on the big old comic book cash vacuum with all the hype around it even though the product has been largely mediocre outside of the winter soldier.
What a douchy thing to say. I like something so I'm brainwashed. I enjoy what I enjoy and apperently you enjoy ridiculing others.

The movie was awesome but I guess some people are only happy when they're negative.
Old 05-02-2015, 12:01 PM   #31
Codes
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I read somewhere that there are handed Infinity gauntlets (ie right and left handed). One is on Asgard, the other in Thanos' possession.
Old 05-02-2015, 01:19 PM   #32
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just got back from a showing of it, and I enjoyed it. Still kinda absorbing it all. Will likely se it another time or two with different sets of friends.
WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 01:47 PM   #33
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codes View Post
I read somewhere that there are handed Infinity gauntlets (ie right and left handed). One is on Asgard, the other in Thanos' possession.
Nope.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
Old 05-02-2015, 02:13 PM   #34
cDnStealth
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
Nope.
Yup.

http://comicbook.com/2015/05/01/two-...l-cinematic-u/
Quote:
As Age of Ultron’s mid-credits stinger revealed, Thanos has officially seized an Infinity Gauntlet and declared that he’ll collect the Infinity Stones himself. Of course, the Gauntlet—which holds all six of the Marvel Universe’s Infinity Stones—was last seen in Odin’s trophy room in Thor. This lead some viewers to wonder how Thanos broke into Asgard’s vaults and took the gauntlet so easily.

But, Marvel Studios Head Kevin Feige recently clarified that Thanos’ gauntlet is not the same one on Asgard. Meaning: the Marvel Cinematic Universe has two Infinity Gauntlets. As Feige put it:

“There are two different gloves," he told CinemaBlend. "That was not Odin’s vault that you see at the end.”
I saw it this morning and I thought it was pretty good. I think it's a better film than the first. Spader was very good. I thought Ultron was one of the best villains in these Marvel films. Right up there with Loki and Red Skull. Quick Silver was definitely better in DoFP but this one had his moments (Like trying to grab Mjolnir).

Last edited by cDnStealth; 05-02-2015 at 02:59 PM.
cDnStealth is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cDnStealth For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2015, 06:23 PM   #35
RyZ
First Line Centre

Exp:

I saw it last night and thought it was a good 2 hours but not a movie Ill be remembering or watching again and again when the bluray hits. Maybe its the "Marvel movie machine" but they are all starting to feel the same, just with a different hero(es). Once you have seen one, you have pretty much seen them all at this point. I think Gaurdians of the Galaxy was better than either Avengers movie. I hope they try something different soon.

Also, the AntMan trailer was meh. Is Marvel starting to reach too far? These movies are becoming like Apple products now. There is a large section of the population that would line up buy #### in a box and love it, just because it has the Apple/Marvel logo on it, even if its nothing special in any way.

Also, the "in helmet" view that they switch to for Iron Man/Stark is annoying and sucks. Enough of that already.

I know I focused on negatives here but it WAS a very entertaining movie all things considered and I would reccomend it. 7.5/10

Last edited by RyZ; 05-03-2015 at 04:59 PM.
RyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 06:36 PM   #36
Teh_Bandwagoner
First Line Centre

Exp:

Best line of the film:

"The city is flying! The city is flying! We're fighting robots! I have a bow and arrow! Nothing makes sense!"
Old 05-02-2015, 07:26 PM   #37
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cDnStealth View Post
Okay, well, that's silly and unnecessary and completely out of step with the source material. So I hope there's a good reason.
Old 05-02-2015, 07:26 PM   #38
Ashasx
Franchise Player

Exp:

I enjoyed it, but my biggest problem was that Ultron never really felt like a threat, especially after we got to see Vision.
Ashasx is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ashasx For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2015, 07:45 PM   #39
AcGold
Self-Suspension

Exp:

I just wish they'd all be about Thanos now. We know he's the end bad guy, why not just make every movie about him? The issue is every villain will be just be a placeholder that we know won't be a threat, especially when the real villain is referenced to in the same movie. They could make a few movies where Thanos actually gets the glove and the stones and there's a prolonged period of his domination while the Avengers are exiled.
AcGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 08:15 PM   #40
kn
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

As someone completely unfamiliar with Marvel or comic books, I loved the first Avengers. After seeing this today, I was left disappointed. I can't really put my finger on it. The humour wasn't at the level of the first film and some of the CGI made me feel like I was watching Transformers, getting dizzy in the process.

But I guess judging by the money it's making, there will be many instalments to come.
kn is offline   Reply With Quote