Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2014, 08:38 AM   #21
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Everton done a nice bit of business in wrapping up Coleman for five more years. Was hoping he would have been a United target. Best RB in the league and they got him for 60k!

On this Herrera signing. I find it hard to believe that he was a target both for Moyes and van Gaal. Makes you wonder sometimes who actually is making the decisions.

Bagor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 08:47 AM   #22
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagor View Post
On this Herrera signing. I find it hard to believe that he was a target both for Moyes and van Gaal. Makes you wonder sometimes who actually is making the decisions.
it's pretty well documented what happened. Herrera was a United target ever since he destroyed them in the Europa League two years ago. Ferguson liked him a lot, but then he stepped down. All of the targets were reported to Moyes, who seemed to like Herrera too, but hesitated and eventually decided that he wanted to scout him more and make a decision in January. But United eventually grew frustrated with Moyes' hesitating and dithering last summer and decided to go for Herrera at the end of August nevertheless, but the deal collapsed on the very last day. Then in January, Moyes prefered Mata.

As for van Gaal, he himself said before the world cup that he told United who he wanted. You have to think that Herrera was somewhere on that list, otherwise I doubt they'd shell out that kind of money. With his attributes and strengths, Herrera is pretty much a "van Gaal player". No doubt that he signed off on the deal.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 10:26 AM   #23
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Lallana to Liverpool seems done too

he's a good player but if it's anywhere near the rumored 25m thats a 10m England player tax
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 10:48 AM   #24
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by diane_phaneuf View Post
Lallana to Liverpool seems done too

he's a good player but if it's anywhere near the rumored 25m thats a 10m England player tax
Similar to £30M+ for Shaw though.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 11:32 AM   #25
The Big Chill
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

So 2 England reserves just got sold for 25 mil and 30 mil, the National team must be amazing!
The Big Chill is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to The Big Chill For This Useful Post:
Old 06-27-2014, 12:08 PM   #26
604flames
First Line Centre

Exp:

Going to be a very different-looking Saints squad come the end of August...

Wouldn't shock me to see one or all of Lovren, Rodriguez and Schneiderlin leave too.
604flames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 12:13 PM   #27
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Chill View Post
So 2 England reserves just got sold for 25 mil and 30 mil, the National team must be amazing!
They're no Algeria or Costa Rica, but they're okay.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Old 06-27-2014, 01:21 PM   #28
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Probable world cup winners in 2018. Just read it in the UK Sun.

Bagor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 01:26 PM   #29
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

James Ducker ‏@DuckerTheTimes
I reckon #mufc will sign at least two more players, a centre half and another midfielder, from the conversations I've had today

I think they'll push hard for Vidal, but I doubt they'll get him. Too bad Strootman is injured ... Schweinsteiger and De Jong are other names I've read. As for centre back, reports from Spain suggest that they want Atletico's Miranda, but Atletico will not sell below his release clause of €30m ... that's too steep for a 30 year old IMO. Obviously there have been rumours about Vermaelen, as well as Stefan de Vrij and Bruno Martins Indi.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 01:29 PM   #30
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Similar to £30M+ for Shaw though.
I disagree

Shaw is 19, already one of the top 3-4 LBs in the league and the potential to become world class, at a position with very few elite players

Lallana is 26, and plays a position where you can get better players than him for half the price

look at the last two years

Eriksen was 11m
Oscar was 18m
Cazorla was 15m
The Following User Says Thank You to d_phaneuf For This Useful Post:
Old 06-27-2014, 01:43 PM   #31
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by diane_phaneuf View Post
I disagree

Shaw is 19, already one of the top 3-4 LBs in the league and the potential to become world class, at a position with very few elite players

Lallana is 26, and plays a position where you can get better players than him for half the price

look at the last two years

Eriksen was 11m
Oscar was 18m
Cazorla was 15m
What are you talking about? He couldnt supplant an injured Leighton Baines and English supporters wanted Ashley Cole still, he was 3rd string for England!

I'm just busting your chops, the Lallana money seems steep and the Shaw buy seems like a good bit of business, but theres still a premium paid for English players.

Old 06-27-2014, 01:50 PM   #32
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

yep everyone pays it

Jake Livermore got sold to Hull for 8m this week which I thought was double Spurs would get
Old 06-27-2014, 03:35 PM   #33
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

So does anyone here actually have experience buying PL tickets? Is it worthwhile to purchase a club membership to get early access to tickets?
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 04:22 PM   #34
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
So does anyone here actually have experience buying PL tickets? Is it worthwhile to purchase a club membership to get early access to tickets?
It depends on the team, if you want a Spurs game all the league games sell out

Last year they started a partnership with stubhub and I think all re-sales have to go through there now
Old 06-27-2014, 04:29 PM   #35
The Big Chill
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Quote:
I had an awful time finding Liverpool tickets. The best way I've seen , which I wish i new before i attempted to get them, is to contact the Calgary supporters group. For the LFC Calgary branch they are able to apply for tickets from the club and get whatever game you want. I imagine other clubs have similar setups. They do need a fair bit of notice to do it though.
Old 06-27-2014, 04:39 PM   #36
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

So then what's the point of advertising stuff like this? Is it just a scam?

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/tick...on-sale-dates/
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 05:00 PM   #37
The Big Chill
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Quote:
So then what's the point of advertising stuff like this? Is it just a scam?

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/tick...on-sale-dates/
When I looked into doing it that way I found the the seats were available to members that have gone to more games first. It's possible you could get tickets that way, but it's also possible that they could be sold out before new members get the opportunity to buy them.

It might depend on which game you want to go to as well, since games against top clubs will be in higher demand then newly promoted teams.
Old 06-27-2014, 10:28 PM   #38
cam_wmh
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Yeah, it's what I did at OT in an early April game.
cam_wmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 05:50 PM   #39
Nuje
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
I had an awful time finding Liverpool tickets. The best way I've seen , which I wish i new before i attempted to get them, is to contact the Calgary supporters group. For the LFC Calgary branch they are able to apply for tickets from the club and get whatever game you want. I imagine other clubs have similar setups. They do need a fair bit of notice to do it though.
Yep. I believe all the requests for the upcoming season had to be in already (at LEAST the first half has for sure). You have to be a member of the Calgary branch (~$20) and registered with LFC themselves as well. But it does get you your tickets.
Old 06-30-2014, 01:54 PM   #40
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/f...r-9574506.html

Quote:
It is understood Suarez also acted independently of AUF. It would appear that Suarez and his agent Pere Guardiola were the driving force behind it with a move to Barcelona their primary target this summer.
I wonder what tactic Barca use here, they can't have everyone in the country pull the "let the boy come to his home, he's been kidnapped" like they did with Cesc

Tags
diving , tears and writhing