Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-2011, 01:07 PM   #21
NuclearPizzaMan
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Turns out firing a bunch of CS guys right before a major infrastructure/business change was a bad idea. India to the rescue? http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r262...nter-in-INDIA-
NuclearPizzaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NuclearPizzaMan For This Useful Post:
Old 09-09-2011, 01:13 PM   #22
Rathji
Franchise Player

Exp:

Those Indian call center was in the works for a long time, and is only for outgoing calls.

So while terminating the Saskatoon offices probably has a net negative effect for this, the main problem (from the viewpoint of some Shaw TSR's that are quitting) seems to be the push to have sales as part of their job description. These are techs that are given a sales quota, so obviously it isn't welcomed by many of them.

Hence the recent shortage.
Old 09-09-2011, 01:16 PM   #23
darklord700
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by likwid888 View Post
I was on hold for over an hour just to cancel a service call. No tech support or anything needed, just an appointment cancellation. It's freakin ridiculous.
I was last with Shaw 2 years ago but I have to say their call wait time at that time was simply the best in the industry. It's either a quick hold or a call back within 15 minutes. It's sad to see this isn't the same anymore.
darklord700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 01:19 PM   #24
Rathji
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklord700 View Post
I was last with Shaw 2 years ago but I have to say their call wait time at that time was simply the best in the industry. It's either a quick hold or a call back within 15 minutes. It's sad to see this isn't the same anymore.
Like the last time they had this issue, it didnt take long to right the ship once they got thier ducks in a row and started hiring.

Who knows about this time though.
Old 09-09-2011, 02:21 PM   #25
Finner
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I'm having a massive issue with shaw lately too.

We just bought a new house and are trying to get our services moved there.

The first time i called was about 8 days ago, and took about 2 hours to get through. I was told by the tech that because the existing house owner had services i couldn't book a service call until they cancelled. I was told to call back in a week and if they hadn't heard from the current owners about their services, they would just cancel them and book the service call.

So i called back 2 days ago, again 2 and a half hour wait, finally get someone to talk to who says same thing, and says to try calling back in a couple days.

So why the hell does someone need to cancel their service so they can just book the freaking service appointment?

I called back today and went on call back this time, so hopefully it works. Has been an hour so far.
Finner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 02:27 PM   #26
OilKiller
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raekwon View Post
So let me get this straight, everyone seemed to have problems one night and no one could get through to customer service quickly? Thats weird.
Not one night. My calls to them for various issues have been over the span of a few weeks. Each time I called, the hold time was minimum 1:30 - 2 hours.
OilKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 04:20 PM   #27
Sr. Mints
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTrain View Post
I thought this was going to be a thread about how awesome their customer service is and how quickly you're able to reach someone helpful over the phone. Colour me disappointed.
No, that would be the Fido Customer Service thread I plan to start.
Sr. Mints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 08:01 PM   #28
Top Shelf
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rathji View Post
Those Indian call center was in the works for a long time, and is only for outgoing calls.

So while terminating the Saskatoon offices probably has a net negative effect for this, the main problem (from the viewpoint of some Shaw TSR's that are quitting) seems to be the push to have sales as part of their job description. These are techs that are given a sales quota, so obviously it isn't welcomed by many of them.

Hence the recent shortage.
I must have been really out of it, because when I worked there from Jan-July of this year, I never heard a single thing about an Indian Call Center.

I am quite shocked though, although the closing of the Saskatoon call center makes sense now.

Not sure I but the idea of only doing outgoing calls either. Does that really make that much of a difference though?

Going to email this to a few buddies still working there.
Top Shelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 09:09 PM   #29
MelBridgeman
Franchise Player

Exp:

I have a couple buds who work at shaw...i text them, they call me back - tech need to come out? He there in 45 minutes max
MelBridgeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 10:04 PM   #30
Meelapo
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelBridgeman View Post
I have a couple buds who work at shaw...i text them, they call me back - tech need to come out? He there in 45 minutes max
Fantastic! Too bad the majority of Shaw's customers don't have your super cool hook-ups.
Meelapo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Meelapo For This Useful Post:
Old 09-09-2011, 10:04 PM   #31
MaDMaN_26
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Not reading all of this. All I want shaw to do is stop sending me "current occupant" letters. I will never give you another dime of my money.

Check out http://teksavvy.com/en/default.asp - I use them and they back bone Telus but they also support the http://openmedia.ca/ movement as a small ISP. if you can handle DSL speed I would recommend this.

BTW pick yourself up a 14foot (max length) data phone cable from http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2
Old 09-10-2011, 08:00 AM   #32
MacDaddy77
First Line Centre

Exp:

Finally I have had enough. Called this morning and switched everything to Telus. Hard to believe how far in the wrong direction Shaws customer service has gone in the past 2 years

Oh well now for the Telus experiement
MacDaddy77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 08:00 AM   #33
Old Yeller
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelBridgeman View Post
You probably use that on women too... don't you?

"Hey baby, I can get a shaw tech out to my house in 45 minutes...... MAX"
Old Yeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 01:14 PM   #34
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacDaddy77 View Post
Finally I have had enough. Called this morning and switched everything to Telus. Hard to believe how far in the wrong direction Shaws customer service has gone in the past 2 years

Oh well now for the Telus experiement
is there a contract with Telus?

that's the only thing holding me back.
Old 09-10-2011, 02:51 PM   #35
Rathji
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuffMan View Post

Doesn't have to be if you dont mind buying your equipment outright.
Old 09-10-2011, 04:35 PM   #36
Sr. Mints
First Line Centre

Exp:

At around 1pm today, I went to the Barlow Trail office to swap my modem. First, there was a sign on the door saying they were out of modems and something else--maybe PVRs? Second, there were 40+ people without smiles on their face waiting in line, and two people at the customer service desk. I didn't stick around to even find out if it's the modem I need that they are all out of.

#### this. I'm going to tweet @shawhelp and tell them to have the service tech bring a new modem, and I'm going to tell them to credit my account for 1 month.
Old 09-10-2011, 05:51 PM   #37
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

well i was going to go back to shaw in a month when my Telus promo runs out since their TV service sucks, but that doesn't appear to be a very viable option now. why is it that in every other industry, competition forces at least 1 or 2 companies to rise above the rest, but in the telecom industry all we get is crap
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 05:58 PM   #38
Sr. Mints
First Line Centre

Exp:

@shawhelp told me it probably isn't the modem anyway, but the service tech will bring one. Jesus...

I'm supposed to contact them again once everything is fixed regarding a credit.
Old 09-11-2011, 12:02 PM   #39
Robotic
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Guess this seems to be the appropriate thread to bitch about Shaw. Just last month my 12 month promo ended so I was no longer receiving a free HD PVR rental, so I called them up last month asking to keep that promo because I didn't want to spend another $25 per month. They didn't give it to be but told me I could buy the PVR for $200, which I did. So now I receive this months bill and at the bottom of the email theres some fine print saying there going to jack my bill up to $102.95 plus taxes... How the hell can they raise my bill 20% without my consent!!
I'm over with this ##### and just called Shaw to cancel my services. Now I have to wait for a call back from them which they say will be 2 hours, but in reality its going to be more then 3.

Anyone want to buy a HD PVR for $200, it has a warranty till September 1st, 2014.
Robotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 02:51 PM   #40
MacDaddy77
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuffMan View Post

Yes, there is that option, but seriously, are you going to ever be without TV for the next 3 years?

There is thre option of buying your equipment and avoiding the contract. Plus I get a free laptop which we were going to buy for my daughter anyway (win-win)
MacDaddy77 is offline   Reply With Quote