Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-2009, 06:50 PM   #21
kukkudo
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

New UFC Undisputed 2009 Video (Rampage vs. Rashad -- Full 7 min fight

http://www.insidegamer.nl/playstatio...d/videos/10150
kukkudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 01:10 AM   #22
kukkudo
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

The demo will be available on Xbox Live and the PlayStation Network next week on Thursday, April 23.

http://community.ufcundisputed.com/home
The Following User Says Thank You to kukkudo For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2009, 11:05 AM   #23
CRXguy
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Sweet. I traded in some games for the pre-order. Can't wait.
CRXguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 02:41 PM   #24
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

Looks like someone's uploaded the 360 demo for download and there's even threads about it on the game's official message board. I just tried it and it works.

Last edited by Inferno; 04-19-2009 at 03:55 PM.
Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 09:58 PM   #25
cKy
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
Looks like someone's uploaded the 360 demo for download and there's even threads about it on the game's official message board. I just tried it and it works.

http://community.ufcundisputed.com/f...009-undisputed

Instructions on how to do it yourself if you are impatient and cant wait until Thursday
cKy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 12:31 PM   #26
zukes
Nostradamus

Exp:

Link is dead
Old 04-20-2009, 01:10 PM   #27
kukkudo
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

http://community.ufcundisputed.com/f...no-code-needed

get it quick there taking them down
Old 04-20-2009, 10:56 PM   #28
AFireInside
First Line Centre

Exp:

I love the demo, can't wait to try the full game. Gonna be a long month..
AFireInside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 12:37 AM   #29
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

The demo is awesome but it's too bad there's only two fighters in it. Would have been nice if they would have atleast had a fighter for each fighting style.
Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 08:57 AM   #30
MrMastodonFarm
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Well got the demo last night and played the hell out of it yesterday evening... what a fun game. Submissions are hard to do, I pulled out one north-south choke, and an arm bar.. but very rewarding when I did. The game is detailed though, an MMA game is really hard to pull off, it's a dynamic sport pooling together a lot of different sports.. but it looks like they pulled it off. I think you use every button, and use them often.

Getting rubber guard and sweeping into mount with Shogun was a blast as well. Haven't used Chuck much yet, will see what the different move list will be. Can't wait for the full game.
MrMastodonFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 10:14 AM   #31
CRXguy
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Can't wait for the game to come out. I'm having fun knocking out Chuck. lol

Still haven't been able to pull off a submission yet.
CRXguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 10:41 AM   #32
MrMastodonFarm
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRXguy View Post

Still haven't been able to pull off a submission yet.
The couple times I have done it have been in the 3rd round, usually after I've ground n pounded a little bit.
Old 04-24-2009, 01:28 PM   #33
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

I've had some fun knocking Chuck out but when you play as Chuck the tables really turn. I can KO Rua within the first the 30 seconds of the first round fairly easily. I'll be picking this one up when it comes out. My only complaint would be that it's fairly complicated for a casual MMA fan like myself.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 01:32 PM   #34
MrMastodonFarm
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
I've had some fun knocking Chuck out but when you play as Chuck the tables really turn. I can KO Rua within the first the 30 seconds of the first round fairly easily. I'll be picking this one up when it comes out. My only complaint would be that it's fairly complicated for a casual MMA fan like myself.
Making this game not complicated would be insanely stupid though IMO.
Old 04-24-2009, 01:34 PM   #35
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Making this game not complicated would be insanely stupid though IMO.
Yeah and I get that because it's such a complicated sport. I think the tutorial could've been a little more in depth to help out. I've figured most of it out on my own anyways but I'm just not up on the terminology. The instructions might as well have been in Chinese for me.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 01:40 PM   #36
kipperfan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I've had some fun knocking Chuck out but when you play as Chuck the tables really turn. I can KO Rua within the first the 30 seconds of the first round fairly easily.
That's probably because you still have the skill level on Beginner, change it to advanced, or if you really want to rock and roll, expert, and see how quickly Shogun will put you down, mount you and then submit you. Best I can do on expert with either fighter is getting 2:10 seconds into the third round with Chuck before Shogun got a BS flash knockout and won. Expert is fun though....very challenging!

Fyodor Dostoevsky - The Brothers Karamazov
kipperfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 01:49 PM   #37
MrMastodonFarm
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Yeah and I get that because it's such a complicated sport. I think the tutorial could've been a little more in depth to help out. I've figured most of it out on my own anyways but I'm just not up on the terminology. The instructions might as well have been in Chinese for me.
I don't think the full tutorial is in the demo though, not sure.. thought I read that somewhere.
Old 04-25-2009, 07:54 PM   #38
AFireInside
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Well got the demo last night and played the hell out of it yesterday evening... what a fun game. Submissions are hard to do, I pulled out one north-south choke, and an arm bar.. but very rewarding when I did. The game is detailed though, an MMA game is really hard to pull off, it's a dynamic sport pooling together a lot of different sports.. but it looks like they pulled it off. I think you use every button, and use them often.

Getting rubber guard and sweeping into mount with Shogun was a blast as well. Haven't used Chuck much yet, will see what the different move list will be. Can't wait for the full game.
Yeah very fun game can't wait to play the full version. I've pulled off every sub so far. My favourite sub so far was when I was shogun. I got full mount hit chuck rocked him the screen went grey and I immediately went for the triangle choke from the top. It was great.

The flying arm bar that shogun does is also very satisfying.

Its fun getting into the thai clinch with shogun and throwing knees. There are a lot of moves in this game go into the action list when you are playing and there are so many.

Chuck has some fun moves as well, the superman punch, overhand right and the kick to the head are the main moves though. If you go into a double underhook clinch with Chuck he has some cool wrestling slams.

BUT HIS BEST MOVE is if shogun shoots and you sprawl, you can pick shogun up and basically piledrive him into the mat. Its more of a powerbomb but it looks cool.

Last edited by AFireInside; 04-25-2009 at 08:00 PM.
AFireInside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 08:55 PM   #39
MrMastodonFarm
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFireInside View Post
Y

Chuck has some fun moves as well, the superman punch, overhand right and the kick to the head are the main moves though. If you go into a double underhook clinch with Chuck he has some cool wrestling slams..
I've had a lot of success with Shogun using high kicks, can't wait to get my hands on CroCop. Should be interesting to see the different move lists for different fighters.

I have the setting all the way up to the hardest now and it's much harder, obviously. Much more difficult to pass guard etc, and Chuck's sprawl is 2006 era good.
Old 04-29-2009, 02:07 PM   #40
Crispy's Critter
Scoring Winger

Exp:

was having fun with this game until I bumped it up from beginner to experienced. Now as soon as I'm on the ground the fight is over. I've done the tutorials about 8 times, but when I get into a fight all my guy does is lay there and take fists to the head. I can't throw the guy, or even move. All he does is wave his arms while he gets pummelled. I've had about 40 fights on this level and have broken free only once. Hell even when I'm the guy in half mount the guy just reaches up and grabs me, then he submits me with the leg on the throat move. Think I'll give this game a pass, even though it looks and plays awesome, but that bs once your pinned ruins it for me. even in the tutorials half the time it doesn't do what it's supposed to do to break out of a pin.

Crispy's Critter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mma , ufc , ufc undisputed , video games