Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-20-2011, 01:44 PM   #21
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8sPOT View Post
I thought NHL 11 was the best yet, I don't understand all the hate?

Physics wise it's closest to real thing yet, hitting is better, skating is better, passing is better...

What exactly do you want them to do? I think NHL 11 is fun and I fully intend to buy NHL 12.
Oh yes, so realistic. The winger passes back to the dman, who passes back to the same winger, who passes back to the same dman, who passes back to the same winger, ect while the other team watches them like they are on a PP when they are not. Oh look, I am wide open for the breakaway and my teamate decides to shoot it in instead. The AI in NHL 11 is beyond ######ed.
dissentowner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 02:35 PM   #22
8sPOT
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
Oh yes, so realistic. The winger passes back to the dman, who passes back to the same winger, who passes back to the same dman, who passes back to the same winger, ect while the other team watches them like they are on a PP when they are not. Oh look, I am wide open for the breakaway and my teamate decides to shoot it in instead. The AI in NHL 11 is beyond ######ed.
What mode would this be in?

I usually play online, 1 on 1 (not team play), so AI never really seems to be an issue.

I don't know, the pros seem to far outweigh the cons in this game.

I love being able to control how hard the passes are, that alone made it much more enjoyable and realistic.

I also found that this year I am actually somewhat competitive, my record is something like 39-16-8 so I feel like it's become more of a representation of a real hockey game. Maybe 1 of every 5 players score by being cheesy and exploiting the game.
8sPOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 02:43 PM   #23
kirant
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8sPOT View Post
Maybe 1 of every 5 players score by being cheesy and exploiting the game.
Odd. A lot of them feel that way for me. Lots of cranked shots from the blue line going in top corner and loopy wristers that beat the goalie inexplicably.
Old 05-20-2011, 06:47 PM   #24
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igottago View Post
Isn't their hockey franchise dead now?
They released 2K11 for the Wii, and from some of the rumors I am hearing they took a year off on the PS3/360 in order to come back more competitive in 2012.

I haven't seen a solid confirmation, though.

Always liked the franchise mode depth in that series.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 01:51 AM   #25
Otto-matic
Franchise Player

Exp:

Didn't Washington wear red helmets and red gloves?
Otto-matic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 07:56 AM   #26
metallicat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheerio View Post
Bring back goalie fights!!
I just hope they bring back the ability to have a normal fight without worrying that the game is going to seize immediately after.
Old 05-21-2011, 09:42 AM   #27
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasa View Post
So knocking over the goalies and outdoor games are the new features? Otherwise it looks like it's going to be the same game. They need an overhaul.
lol... one teaser image in and we're already claiming we know all of the new features and calling for an overhaul?
Russic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 02:33 PM   #28
3 Justin 3
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

How about a physics engine which complies with the laws of physics? That'd be nice.

Goalie fights, bench brawls, hitting people into the bench, hitting people that would make the glass shatter, shots that can break the glass, etc.

Oh yeah, and AI that isn't completely ######ed.
3 Justin 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 04:13 PM   #29
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto-matic View Post
Didn't Washington wear red helmets and red gloves?
Yes.

Old 05-21-2011, 04:32 PM   #30
Yasa
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russic View Post
lol... one teaser image in and we're already claiming we know all of the new features and calling for an overhaul?
Absolutely. I've been disappointed for a few years now with the series. I can't 100% garauntee that this will be a bad game, but judging from their record I can only imagine the features will be gimmicky and pointless. The gameplay will be riddled with bugs, glitches, poor AI and of course terrible develper support.

I don't expect them to change because why would they? People will still buy the games. I hope they prove me wrong, or I hope 2K12 gives them some motivation to make a quality game.
Yasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 04:43 PM   #31
MacGruber
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

EA sports is notoriously lazy.

The best thing that can happen is decent competition
MacGruber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 07:40 PM   #32
DownhillGoat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 Justin 3 View Post
hitting people into the bench,
Oh how I miss that.
DownhillGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 08:05 PM   #33
Pierre "Monster" McGuire
Franchise Player

Exp:

Here's some of my wishlist items to add to NHL 12.

One of my #1 wishes for the NHL series was to add real goalie helmets, but the producers already stated that they would have to go through a crazy amount of legal clearance with the artists of the helmets.

Other than that, I would like to see the ability for the net to come off its moorings, but not overdone. Maybe 3-4 times per game.

Wouldn't mind the addition of the KHL and NCAA hockey, but I can see how that would take an extensive amount of legal effort to implement it into the game. But hey, you never know, they added the CHL and European leagues.

Also, Bill Clement and Gary Thorne do a good job. But I would like some new lines. They've been the same for the last 3 or 4 years now and it's getting old. Just adding a dozen new lines a year isn't good.

And foremost, a complete and total revamping of the goalie moves, physics, etc. They've done good in adding some new animations, but while the players have quite fluent motions, the goalies aren't.

Finally, add realistic coaching staff and the ability in Be A GM mode to fire and hire coaches, scouting staff, trainers, etc.
Pierre "Monster" McGuire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 08:53 PM   #34
CaramonLS
Retired

Exp:

Hopefully they add headshots / suspensions.

I wonder how realistic Luongo's headsnaps will be.
CaramonLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 09:12 PM   #35
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre "Monster" McGuire View Post
Here's some of my wishlist items to add to NHL 12.

One of my #1 wishes for the NHL series was to add real goalie helmets, but the producers already stated that they would have to go through a crazy amount of legal clearance with the artists of the helmets.
As something that was once in the game, look for it to be re-introduced as a new feature very soon. Classic EA.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 09:43 PM   #36
PeteLFan
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Before they add any new feature, fix the the damn AI. Nothing is more annoying then trying to make passes, and lead players into open areas, and they just keeping following behind you. When you try to go up the ice with speed, and use your defenceman aggressively, and pass back to them they are no where to be seen and the puck goes back into your zone.
PeteLFan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PeteLFan For This Useful Post:
Old 05-23-2011, 09:05 AM   #37
bubbsy
Franchise Player

Exp:

puck/skating physics are needed asap. The ability to skate and stop on a dime without losing control of the puck with 3/4 line players is ridiculous.
bubbsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 11:48 AM   #38
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamer View Post
As something that was once in the game, look for it to be re-introduced as a new feature very soon. Classic EA.
Don't count on it unless they want to show mask painters the money. I don't get why they should have to though. When I design something for someone and get paid for it they can do whatever they want with it.
Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 01:53 PM   #39
MacGruber
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

i think the#1 fix for this game ISN'T goalie masks or other trivial fixes. or online stuff.

FIX 1 player vs cpu mode. online cheesing and cheating will always keep me from caring about that garbage. the best video gaming experiences ive ever had have always been focused around me vs the CPU with the settings set high and adjusted to give me great realism and challenges. i dont get that from hockey anymore, and have to get it from football games. sadly even that area EA is now ruining.
MacGruber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 03:55 PM   #40
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I doubt I'll be buying the new NHL this year.

Last years version sullied things too much for me with that game franchise. Maybe in a few years I might rent it, but I will likely just stick to NHL11 for my hockey gaming fix.
Flash Walken is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ea sports , goalie collisions , nhl , video games , winter classic