Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2023, 09:52 PM   #21
Bill Bumface
My face is a bum!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pylon View Post
Whatever you do avoid the Servpro wash. It is awful, don't use it. The every cycle being heated, impeccably clean floors, brand new equipment and absolutely perfect soap rationing, are really just a disguise for it being a giant abduction chamber run by Eastern European mercenaries running a automobile and human trafficking ring. It's the only explanation.
I just want to make sure everyone knows that Servpro actually sucks, and I'm not trying to trick you to stay away so I don't have to wait in a line.

A wand wash with no foam brush at Servpro will dry and still be filthy, where the same amount of dirt will get totally removed at Associated.

The only redeeming feature of Servpro is the undercarriage wash when you enter, but it's broken like 80% of the time.
Bill Bumface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2023, 09:59 PM   #22
81MC
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Associated bay sucks ass. Druggies lurch around the backside ready to jump you as you pull out your change and there’s this rusty leak in the middle of the bays that stains your freshly ‘cleaned’ car. It is horrible.
Old 08-22-2023, 10:20 PM   #23
Lubicon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxbuster View Post
^bump. But why?

Because I now have to wash my truck AND my camper...so am looking for a truck wash with a gantry (?)/catwalk that one can use to be able to wash the top of the rig which is, of course, something like 11' high. The solar is coated with ash as is most of the top of the rig, although the rain in Cochrane right now might help a bit...but really...would like to give it a good bath!
The one across from COP has a truck bay. Beside McDonald’s and the hotel, Bowfort Road exit.
Lubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lubicon For This Useful Post:
Old 08-23-2023, 12:39 AM   #24
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Who would even want to wash their Truck Wand?

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2023, 06:33 AM   #25
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Who would even want to wash their Truck Wand?
Truck wand? I've only ever seen truck nuts before.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2023, 08:59 AM   #26
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Classic BC residents, always coming to Alberta to wash their trucks during a water ban
PepsiFree is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2023, 09:31 AM   #27
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxbuster View Post
^bump. But why?

Because I now have to wash my truck AND my camper...so am looking for a truck wash with a gantry (?)/catwalk that one can use to be able to wash the top of the rig which is, of course, something like 11' high. The solar is coated with ash as is most of the top of the rig, although the rain in Cochrane right now might help a bit...but really...would like to give it a good bath!
If you're in the Cochrane area, why not go to a place in Cochrane that's tall enough for a truck/camper? I would assume that you basically only need a general rinse at this time?

After looking at a few prices of some truck washes out there, I can see why I've seen more and more people with RVs bring a pressure washer with them.
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2023, 10:25 AM   #28
taxbuster
First Line Centre

Exp:

Thanks @Lubicon -- I was at the NW Farmers' Market yesterday and checked out the Bowfort Truck Wash...it's perfect!! The left bay has a walk-up spot for doing a roof clean.....

Weird note: I tried to quote the post...and it wouldn't...although other posts quoted fine. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯