Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2021, 10:58 AM   #3941
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliche View Post

available only till may 31 to add to freighter fleets
I am not nearly good enough at NMS yet to get the freighter.
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2021, 09:40 PM   #3942
ComixZone
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfTheCube View Post
So I haven't been much for the 'Yakuza' franchise over the years -- too many cut scenes, lack of English dub, etc.

So naturally I hesitated on 'Judgment', a Yakuza spin off.

I wanted to grab something for my birthday a couple weeks ago and saw it had a native PS5 version release, the price was good and the trailer looked cool so I thought what the heck, let's give it a crack.

And this game rocks!

There's so much variety in the gameplay, and I find it a lot more engaging to be a detective dealing with mysteries and evidence and investigations. The story is great so far and the English dub is great -- while there's still a lot of cut scenes, I find it balances them better than the Yakuza franchise, which in the games I played often had 30-40 minutes of straight cut scenes. It seems like it's always throwing a new mechanic or mini-game at you every hour or two, and the side quests of making friends around town and seeing how their little life quests interweave is really neat too.

If you're a fan of the 'Yakuza' series it's definitely a no-brainer, but even if you're not I think you could be interested in it too!
I've been playing Like a Dragon, which is quirky and weird and...good, but not something I'd say is amazing (it's my first exposure to the Yakuza series). It did help me get intrigued by Judgement though - and while I'm early on in it, I definitely agree. Judgement seems freaking great so far.
ComixZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 10:00 AM   #3943
Esoteric
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComixZone View Post
I've been playing Like a Dragon, which is quirky and weird and...good, but not something I'd say is amazing (it's my first exposure to the Yakuza series). It did help me get intrigued by Judgement though - and while I'm early on in it, I definitely agree. Judgement seems freaking great so far.
I absolutely loved Yakuza LAD - played through it last year, and couldn't put it down. While there are quite a bit of cutscenes in the game, I found the story engaging, the characters pretty relatable, and the overall gameplay quite fun (though a bit grindy in certain parts, which definitely increased the gameplay time) - I think it took around 60 hours to reach the end.

I'm currently playing Persona 5 Royal - this game is freaking incredible. I'm closing in on the 90 hour mark, and it's kept me engaged so far. It's one of the best JRPG games I've ever played. I don't know how I slept on P5 when it came out.
Esoteric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 09:43 PM   #3944
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Horizon Forbidden West gameplay coming on Thursday. Can't wait!
chemgear is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chemgear For This Useful Post:
Old 05-26-2021, 09:17 AM   #3945
Jay's Beagle
Backup Goalie

Exp:

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.ign....review%3famp=1

Whelp, I’m not surprised Biomutant got the review it did. When games or movies release reviews one day in advance it is never a good sign.

Disappointing, I was hoping to tide myself over before Ratchet comes out on June 10. Oh well.
Jay's Beagle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jay's Beagle For This Useful Post:
Old 05-26-2021, 05:20 PM   #3946
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Uncharted baby! I'll buy that for sure.

Old 05-26-2021, 05:28 PM   #3947
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

FUUUUUUUU

Old 05-26-2021, 10:23 PM   #3948
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Old 05-26-2021, 10:26 PM   #3949
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Hell ya.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chemgear For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2021, 08:51 AM   #3950
Since1984
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemgear View Post
Uncharted baby! I'll buy that for sure.

Hearing more and more that Sony will be releasing a larger percent of their exclusives on to PC in the future. I assume it will be similar to the Days Gone and Horizon Zero Dawn and won't be released right away like Xbox games.
Since1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 09:00 AM   #3951
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Hair View Post
For anyone that might be interested, the free game from Epic this week is... NBA2K21.

Might not play it for a while, but a $80 title for free? Sign me up!
That's a fun game! Frustrating AF sometimes, especially with shooting. But make a guy that's good in the paint and it's pretty fun once you figure it out.

Quote:
So I haven't been much for the 'Yakuza' franchise over the years -- too many cut scenes, lack of English dub, etc.

So naturally I hesitated on 'Judgment', a Yakuza spin off.

I wanted to grab something for my birthday a couple weeks ago and saw it had a native PS5 version release, the price was good and the trailer looked cool so I thought what the heck, let's give it a crack.

And this game rocks!

There's so much variety in the gameplay, and I find it a lot more engaging to be a detective dealing with mysteries and evidence and investigations. The story is great so far and the English dub is great -- while there's still a lot of cut scenes, I find it balances them better than the Yakuza franchise, which in the games I played often had 30-40 minutes of straight cut scenes. It seems like it's always throwing a new mechanic or mini-game at you every hour or two, and the side quests of making friends around town and seeing how their little life quests interweave is really neat too.

If you're a fan of the 'Yakuza' series it's definitely a no-brainer, but even if you're not I think you could be interested in it too!
I downloaded all the Yakuza games on GamePass and have been slowly working my way through them. I found Zero to be alright but kind of boring. Skipped a lot of the story and put the rest of the series to the backburner.

Got back into it and beat Kiwami 1 and am now on 2. I've been paying more attention to it now and I'm definitely warming up to it. It's a slow burn but worth it IMO. Reminds me of Shenmue for Dreamcast and what could have been if they'd finished that series off.
Huntingwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 10:41 AM   #3952
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntingwhale View Post
I downloaded all the Yakuza games on GamePass and have been slowly working my way through them. I found Zero to be alright but kind of boring. Skipped a lot of the story and put the rest of the series to the backburner.

Got back into it and beat Kiwami 1 and am now on 2. I've been paying more attention to it now and I'm definitely warming up to it. It's a slow burn but worth it IMO. Reminds me of Shenmue for Dreamcast and what could have been if they'd finished that series off.
Really wish they had done a Kiwami version of 3. The remastered version isn't bad, but it feels extremely dated compared to the 0 and Kiwamis 1&2, and I've struggled to get into it.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 03:11 PM   #3953
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Man, Forbidden West looks awesome. More machines, mooooaaaaarrr!

(That parachute glider is going to come in handy.)

Last edited by chemgear; 05-27-2021 at 04:34 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to chemgear For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2021, 05:54 PM   #3954
oldschoolcalgary
Franchise Player

Exp:

Very impressed with the H:FW game play trailer...

the only thing missing was that I wish they had provided a date...people had been guessing at holiday 2021, but nothing official yet.
oldschoolcalgary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 08:29 PM   #3955
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Picked up Sackboy A Big Adventure on PS5 to play with my kids and it's fantastic. I just wish costumes weren't restricted to PS accounts, it's really annoying that my main profile has a bunch of them unlocked but any guest that signs in to play coop can't access them and is restricted to the default character. Guess I'm going to have to create a secondary PS account for my kid to use and play through the game enough to unlock some stuff for her
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 07:00 AM   #3956
Jay's Beagle
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Watched the Dying Light 2 trailer last night, looks great and comes out in December.

There a few great games coming out then. Have to start saving money now lol
Jay's Beagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 08:44 AM   #3957
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah E3 and whatever other digital events are only a couple weeks away, we'll get a good look at every company's 2021 second half line ups then.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 10:04 AM   #3958
Since1984
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Yeah E3 and whatever other digital events are only a couple weeks away, we'll get a good look at every company's 2021 second half line ups then.
Since1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 12:04 PM   #3959
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

EDIT: Sorry watched after posting, there's some profanity.

Also maybe it should be Far Cry: Just Cause instead of '6'?

The Following User Says Thank You to photon For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2021, 12:10 PM   #3960
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

So it's.... the same as 5 and 4, with more wacky stupid stuff (wtf is that mortar backpack).

Looks good visually I guess but other than that, meh
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote