Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-31-2021, 11:52 AM   #3901
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

Gotta say I'm quite impressed with the decision to put Jade Cargill in the TBS finals. Nothing to do with her in-ring work (she's still quite green, although her kick on Thunder Rosa was absolutely brutal looking), but everything to do with building a monster heel in the women's division. She has the look, ego, and delivery to make her a perfect foil for Ruby Soho to win the belt (which I believe she will). And she's not continuously sloppy like Nia Jax was; she's improving over time.

She's a long-game project, but I think that one is going to pay off for Tony Khan.
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2022, 04:55 PM   #3902
Finger Cookin
Franchise Player

Exp:

Reigns is positive for COVID, he's not competing at Day 1. Brock is instead now in a fatal 5 way match for the WWE championship with Big E, KO, Seth Rollins, and Bobby Lashley.
Finger Cookin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2022, 11:41 PM   #3903
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Tony Khan stepped in it a bit on social media after Big Swole on a pod cast talked about the lack of diversity in AEW.. Tony pointed out that he has black executives and basically said that Swole wasn't resigned because she was terrible. . Lio Rush jumped in and a few others.

Khan really needs to stat off of Twitter or have someone that says whoah dude bad idea.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2022, 11:49 PM   #3904
Ozy_Flame

Exp:

Also, Sammy Guevara posted a NYE photo of him kissing Tay Conti, just three months after proposing to his former girlfriend in the ring.

2022 wrestling is already wild, man.
Old 01-02-2022, 08:42 AM   #3905
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

The last column by Tito and his predictions for 2022.

https://nodq.com/opinions/mr-tito-15...s-wwe-aew-etc/

The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2022, 11:33 AM   #3906
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

That was a really good ppv, sorry premium event, last night

Becky and Liv was excellent, Liv has improved so much that power bomb was awesome

Usos and new day are always great

The main event was only around 10 minutes but was all action car crash basically, love the set up around brock and lashley too, that needs to be the wrestlemania match
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to d_phaneuf For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2022, 12:14 PM   #3907
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Anyone that doesn't think that Brock doesn't understand the business needs to watch his top knot hillbilly face character, and he showed that he can function without Paul.

I kind of enjoyed most of the premium event. Liv has improved so much in the last few years they need to put the belt on her.

Old 01-02-2022, 03:14 PM   #3908
zukes
Nostradamus

Exp:

Best Premium Event ever!

I enjoyed that more than most of them over the past year! Feel for Big E, but love this version of Brock too!

Liv is good in the ring, constantly improving. But, the crowd is not really behind her, it’s pretty quiet. I think everyone still wants to cheer Becky.

I liked both tag team matches too.
Old 01-02-2022, 03:29 PM   #3909
Ozy_Flame

Exp:

Redneck Brock actually makes some sense, since he's an outdoorsy guy in real life (farm in Saskatchewan), doesn't give a #### what other people think of him, and is clearly having fun with the character. I have no doubt Vince told him to dial up his "normal" 100x. This is what you get.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ozy_Flame For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2022, 04:48 PM   #3910
sfpipes
Farm Team Player

Exp:

William Regal has been released by WWE. Between that and Ciampa losing the NXT title last night, I guess the old NXT really is dead.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1478847249438314498
sfpipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 04:53 PM   #3911
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Its more then Regal being released. A lot of the long time trainers are gone, Regal, Road Dog (who was a producer) Thatcher They also let their VP of consumer products go.

I mean yeah the original NXT is pretty much dead and the WWE seems to be more focused on younger non wrestlers then Indy Darlings as they build a younger pipeline.

Regal should definitely be picked up by Impact or AEW, he's a strong trainer and back stage presence and could be that guy that tempers the ruling circle in AEW.

Old 01-05-2022, 07:49 PM   #3912
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

Amazing how quickly NXT was dismantled. It was the only good thing about WWE that kept me watching their product since 2015. I wish WWE the best, but they've permanently lost me as a fan and I have no doubt Vince is calling the shots, trying to wash the 'indy' smell off the product. Why have talented wrestlers who draw well when your ego can instead try and get over greenhorns with muscles or divas with big boobs?

Calling it now - once Vince and his outdated yes men are no longer in charge of the product, WWE goes back to attracting the indy talent and bringing a focus on actual 'wrestling' back. They'll need to compete with AEW, who is just getting better and better - and is a cooler product for the younger generation. Just watch.
Muta is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Muta For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2022, 08:02 PM   #3913
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Poor Fenix just had his arm bend in ways an arm are not supposed to bend
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 08:02 PM   #3914
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muta View Post
Calling it now - once Vince and his outdated yes men are no longer in charge of the product, WWE goes back to attracting the indy talent and bringing a focus on actual 'wrestling' back.
I think everyone knows that's what's going to happen. And the sooner the better. The guy just doesn't get it anymore and it's time to step away.
Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Inferno For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2022, 09:41 PM   #3915
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMatt18 View Post

That was just a stupid spot especially on a free TV show. If there's one thing about AEW that I don't like is they are fully onboard with gimmicky stuff like that and putting their workers at risk for it.

Old 01-05-2022, 11:13 PM   #3916
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
That was just a stupid spot especially on a free TV show. If there's one thing about AEW that I don't like is they are fully onboard with gimmicky stuff like that and putting their workers at risk for it.
Didn’t love the spike pile driver on the ring apron, followed by another Spike pile driver in the ring right before it either.

They leave very little room for error sometimes with the spots that they seem to be working into every match.

Almost seemed inevitable that somebody would get hurt in a Lucha Bros match with how they work.
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2022, 05:58 AM   #3917
Maritime Q-Scout
Ben

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muta View Post
Amazing how quickly NXT was dismantled. It was the only good thing about WWE that kept me watching their product since 2015. I wish WWE the best, but they've permanently lost me as a fan and I have no doubt Vince is calling the shots, trying to wash the 'indy' smell off the product. Why have talented wrestlers who draw well when your ego can instead try and get over greenhorns with muscles or divas with big boobs?

Calling it now - once Vince and his outdated yes men are no longer in charge of the product, WWE goes back to attracting the indy talent and bringing a focus on actual 'wrestling' back. They'll need to compete with AEW, who is just getting better and better - and is a cooler product for the younger generation. Just watch.
I've said it before, I'll say it again... why have giants with bulging muscles then have them come out in front of a giant TV screen that makes them look 3 feet tall?

I'd probably still watch WWE if the set wasn't so awful.

Crowd feels like it's a mile away. It's scripted to hell. The anticipation and excitement of the entrance isn't there. The entrance music sucks and has gotten worse.

WWE is supposed to be about entertainment over wrasslin' but they're dropping the entertainment ball pretty hard.

"Calgary Flames is the best team in all the land" - My Brainwashed Son
Maritime Q-Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maritime Q-Scout For This Useful Post:
Old 01-07-2022, 07:22 AM   #3918
Superflyer
Close, but no banana.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMatt18 View Post
Seems like it was just a bad dislocation, no breaks at all. They say it may just take a few weeks of rest
Superflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 03:17 AM   #3919
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

God damn, Ospreay and Okada was ####ing art. NJPW are still the best pure wrestling promotion in the world.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rubecube For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2022, 01:22 PM   #3920
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superflyer View Post
Seems like it was just a bad dislocation, no breaks at all. They say it may just take a few weeks of rest

Again just a meaningless stupid spot that wasn't needed.