Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2016, 09:21 PM   #361
Cappy
First Line Centre

Exp:

"I thought they retired you"

That was the "what door" moment this episode
Cappy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cappy For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2016, 09:23 PM   #362
Finger Cookin
Franchise Player

Exp:

What was the player piano song from near the beginning of the episode? It sounded really familiar but I couldn't quite place it.
Finger Cookin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 09:24 PM   #363
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

In the house of the rising sun. Lol. I got it this time! Stupid deadwood.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2016, 09:56 PM   #364
Cappy
First Line Centre

Exp:

Those two janitors were too bumbling for me. Glad they seem to be out of the fold and they are potentiall in to Maeve
Old 11-20-2016, 11:02 PM   #365
polak
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Cookin View Post
I'm still not convinced he William is the MIB. We'll find out by the end of the season, maybe?
The "I thought they retired you" line to the same host that greeted William in the park when he arrived seemed like a giveaway.

Really interested in how this will play out.
polak is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to polak For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2016, 11:45 PM   #366
gottabekd
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I really didn't want William to be revealed as the Man in Black. But I've had to come around these last few episodes. There is so much hinting at it, and there are some concrete details that are hard to ignore.

In this past episode, MIB (Ed Harris) says he was married to his wife for 30 years before she recently died. Also, in MIB's time, where Bernard, Ford, Theresa have been living, we know that 30 years prior, some big park safety disaster happened.

William is visiting the park for the first time with his soon brother-in-law, meaning he is to be married soon after this park visit. If William's visit ends in disaster (such as the brother being killed), but he still goes through with the marriage, William will have been married for 30 years when 30 years ago there was a disaster at the park...which matches MIB's story.

I think it was sloppily delivered, and agree that keeping it as a big 'reveal' this late in the season is stupid, but at this point if William is not the MIB (from 30 years prior), then it's a big FU by the writers for so many blatant hints in this direction.
gottabekd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 05:12 AM   #367
Finger Cookin
Franchise Player

Exp:

The host that Teddy and MIB came across was the same one that greeted William in the park in the second episode? I knew she looked familiar, but I couldn't quite place her. Thanks.
Finger Cookin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 10:29 AM   #368
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by polak View Post
The "I thought they retired you" line to the same host that greeted William in the park when he arrived seemed like a giveaway.

Really interested in how this will play out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Cookin View Post
The host that Teddy and MIB came across was the same one that greeted William in the park in the second episode? I knew she looked familiar, but I couldn't quite place her. Thanks.
This host's name is Angela, and by the flashbacks in the episode she is one of the original (or close to) hosts. Delores saw her in her memory flashback when she arrived at the buried town site.

The MiB continuously references his past in the park, and most of it is meant to fill in the fact that he has been everywhere, done everything and knows all the long-standing hosts. Although he has a lot of lines like that, "I thought they retired you" doesn't seem like a throw-away line.

Given that the show has firmly established this host as an original, I'm not sure if it is as blatant a tie to the William=MiB two timeline theory as some suggest, but it's interesting.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 11:54 AM   #369
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm starting to wonder if Arnold is Fords brother, not even sure why.

I can see myself binge watching this whole season again before the last episode. I'm having a lot of wtf moments.

on another note, is it possible to just be an actress for HBO?

The new bar girl was in Banshee and True Detective s1.
Old 11-21-2016, 11:55 AM   #370
Cappy
First Line Centre

Exp:

Yeah, still tough to say it will happen, but it seems likely.

In any event, I talked to a few people this week who love the show but don't go on reddit.

They had absolutely no idea about the two-timeline theory, so I wouldn't say the things have been super blatant.

Because we know the theory its alot harder for us to not see the writing
Old 11-21-2016, 02:36 PM   #371
Winsor_Pilates
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuffMan View Post
I'm starting to wonder if Arnold is Fords brother, not even sure why.
It seems more likely to me that Bernard is made is the form of Arnold, and therefore Arnold was a black man.
Winsor_Pilates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 09:07 PM   #372
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm still not buying the William=MIB.

We just saw William with Delores at the buried town. Not the in-the-past town with a full church. The same buried town that Ford looked out over with the robot kid, something we have come to accept as the "current" timeline. So how is William not in the past one with the church not destroyed?
Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 11-21-2016, 09:13 PM   #373
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
I'm still not buying the William=MIB.

We just saw William with Delores at the buried town. Not the in-the-past town with a full church. The same buried town that Ford looked out over with the robot kid, something we have come to accept as the "current" timeline. So how is William not in the past one with the church not destroyed?
Other than being misdirection, I think it is because William showed up after the Ford/Arnold relationship went to hell.

I just assumed they wiped out the town as part of their fight or something to that effect.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 09:22 PM   #374
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

I knew this all looked familiar, so I dug up some photos from a trip in 2006. These are a couple from the area, called "Castle Valley" near Moab, Utah.
Spoiler'd for size
Spoiler!
Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 11-21-2016, 09:40 PM   #375
Radio
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I totally thought Ford was going to make a Theresa robot, would've been better than the lame story Ford came up with.

I am thinking the MiB wants Teddy to kill him and that will set Teddy free.

Also, does Ford take over Angela, because she says to Teddy before she stabs him, "Perhaps I can help you with that?" isn't that something Ford says fairly often...maybe I am just imagining it...but it sounded "familiar".
Old 11-21-2016, 09:51 PM   #376
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
I knew this all looked familiar, so I dug up some photos from a trip in 2006. These are a couple from the area, called "Castle Valley" near Moab, Utah.
The town that William and Dolores went to was shot at the Vasquez Rocks, which has been famously used in numerous westerns and as alien landscapes in sci-fi shows. It's where Kirk fought the Gorn on Star Trek.

Old 11-22-2016, 08:55 AM   #377
calumniate
Franchise Player

Exp:

One theory after watching last episode:

Spoiler!
calumniate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 10:36 AM   #378
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calumniate View Post
One theory after watching last episode:

Spoiler!
Maeve had a daughter. And I don't think Bernard's son even existed.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Yamer For This Useful Post:
Old 11-22-2016, 11:07 AM   #379
polak
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

I'm all for MIB =/= William and have hoped that wasn't the case since day 1 so the buried church thing was one major check against that timeline theory but it is possible that William is MIB and he's just there after the Ford/Arnold incident in the town and William is now going to be told the full story by Delores and set him on this path to play Arnolds game instead of Fords.

Also that "I thought they retired you" line was just too blatant for the hardcore viewers to miss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio View Post
I totally thought Ford was going to make a Theresa robot, would've been better than the lame story Ford came up with.

I am thinking the MiB wants Teddy to kill him and that will set Teddy free.

Also, does Ford take over Angela, because she says to Teddy before she stabs him, "Perhaps I can help you with that?" isn't that something Ford says fairly often...maybe I am just imagining it...but it sounded "familiar".
This would actually be a really cool twist.

I wonder if this whole Wyatt thing is solely a game between Ford and MIB.

Bah, this show is too good. On the one hand I do wish it was a little clearer to follow but it also leaves you craving answers which makes it more enjoyable.

Lets just hope they wrap up this season nicely and don't make the cliffhanger to big. Mr Robot Season 2 also had so many different storylines and nuances building near the end of its season and then it completely dropped the ball in its finale, so badly that I'd say it erased all of the goodwill it built with fans to that point.
polak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 07:27 PM   #380
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think the dispute between Ford and Arnold is Ford wants to be A god whereas Arnold wanted to be a creator. Arnold wanted his robots to gain consciousness whereas Ford wants an army he controls without them knowing.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote