Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2022, 08:53 PM   #3581
you&me
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by winsor_pilates View Post
i picked up a new suv today.
Couldn't find good hybrid or phev options without crazy waits, so just stuck with a good old gas guzzler for now.

I won't say what it is so i don't upset sliver; but it's 3 rows, 3 letters & will have my big gross dog riding in it.
b-m-w

Last edited by you&me; 07-14-2022 at 08:57 PM.
you&me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 08:05 AM   #3582
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

Hyundai, please make this.

https://www.drive.com.au/news/hyunda...cept-revealed/
DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to DownInFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 07-15-2022, 08:22 AM   #3583
Table 5
Franchise Player

Exp:

That looks more Delorean than the new Delorean.
Table 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Table 5 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-15-2022, 08:36 AM   #3584
81MC
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
Alright, thanks. I'll give them a call. Can't hurt to ask, maybe there are other options.

My problem right now is that someone with a white vehicle at least somewhat taller than mine and parked in front of me apparently backed up, and the bottom of their bumper put a nice big, 2-foot-long scrape across the top of my bumper. Which could of course be fixed just by repainting the bumper, but it's not the only paint issue I have so I was considering just going "screw it, let's re-do the whole thing".
Just be prepared to pick your jaw off the floor when you get a real quote. And if a shop is willing to do it for half, don’t. Prep work is the most essential element in a respray, and it takes time.

Literally nothing less pleasurable than seeing a 100K vehicle with paint work that’s obvious from 6 lanes of traffic away. If I were ever dropping that money, I’d want to be seeing their work in person, at least a few days after and the solvents have evaporated. There’s so much poor quality output here it’s startling.
Old 07-15-2022, 08:39 AM   #3585
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInFlames View Post

I will never not love turbofans
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 08:44 AM   #3586
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

The concept N version of the Ioniq 6 looks pretty cool too.

Old 07-15-2022, 08:50 AM   #3587
Table 5
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
Yeah but it would be the exact same XTerra that hasn't changed since 2005. I don't think that's going to sell in 2022 as sales were putrid in it's last year.
I think with a little effort they could've rebounded. Toyota has shown with the 4Runner that in a world saturated with cute-utes, an old-school body-on-frame SUV still had a place, and in fact can be its primary marketing draw when everything else has gone soft. The current generation, which was introduced in 2009(!) is hugely popular today, and sells 3x more than it did when it first came out (46K in 2010, 144K in 2021, US sales). Unlike Nissan though, Toyota was smart enough to make small periodic updates to keep it relevant.

They are still great looking trucks, and everyone I've known who's had one loved them. It was never going to be a massive seller, but with a few periodic refreshments, and some good marketing, Nissan could've followed along in the wake of the 4Runners renaissance. Instead, they just let the thing rot and then blamed its death on poor sales.

Last edited by Table 5; 07-15-2022 at 09:34 AM.
Table 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 09:13 AM   #3588
Winsor_Pilates
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by btimbit View Post
C'mon, share! I did it specifically knowing it would upset Sliver

And I ended up buying a gasofuel unit for the same reason, still didn't feel the extra cost + wait time for a hybrid was worth it yet.
haha, I thought I made it obvious enough.
BMW X7; heated seats included without subscription

I considered something like a Toyota Hylander Hybrid but was told it's 2 years. With my dog taking up an entire trunk or row herself and our newborn with his stroller etc, we needed a 3 row now.

Winsor_Pilates is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Winsor_Pilates For This Useful Post:
Old 07-15-2022, 09:21 AM   #3589
Winsor_Pilates
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Table 5 View Post
I think if with a little effort they could've rebounded. Toyota has shown with the 4Runner that in a world saturated with cute-utes, an old-school body-on-frame SUV still had a place, and in fact can be its primary marketing draw when everything else has gone soft. The current generation, which was introduced in 2009(!) is hugely popular today, and sells 3x more than it did when it first came out (46K in 2010, 144K in 2021, US sales). Unlike Nissan though, Toyota was smart enough to make small periodic updates to keep it relevant.

They are still great looking trucks, and everyone I've known who's had one loved them. It was never going to be a massive seller, but with a few periodic refreshments, and some good marketing, Nissan could've followed along in the wake of the 4Runners renaissance. Instead, they just let the thing rot and then blamed its death on poor sales.
I agree on the 4runner and love that it has kept it's look.

The upcoming 2023 Sequoia looks awesome too, especially the TRD Pro if you like the aggressive offroad styling.

Old 07-15-2022, 09:22 AM   #3590
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winsor_Pilates View Post
haha, I thought I made it obvious enough.
BMW X7; heated seats included without subscription

I considered something like a Toyota Hylander Hybrid but was told it's 2 years. With my dog taking up an entire trunk or row herself and our newborn with his stroller etc, we needed a 3 row now.

Dude, if you need a cargo liner to protect the vehicle from your dog grossing it up, try these guys: https://www.canvasback.com/bmw-x7-cargo-liners.html

We bought a plaid set for my wife's telluride and they even monogrammed our name onto them. They fit insanely perfect.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sliver For This Useful Post:
Old 07-15-2022, 09:28 AM   #3591
InglewoodFan
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Dude, if you need a cargo liner to protect the vehicle from your dog grossing it up, try these guys: https://www.canvasback.com/bmw-x7-cargo-liners.html

We bought a plaid set for my wife's telluride and they even monogrammed our name onto them. They fit insanely perfect.
Oh dang, those are sharp and the seatback cover makes it exactly what I am looking for. How is the material for dog traction?

Thanks for the tip.
InglewoodFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 09:37 AM   #3592
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by InglewoodFan View Post
Oh dang, those are sharp and the seatback cover makes it exactly what I am looking for. How is the material for dog traction?

Thanks for the tip.
Ahh, didn't consider dog traction. Actually, kinda did, but then thought it'd be sorta funny if your dog was slip sliding around and you were cursing Sliver under your breath. Traction isn't ideal...things can slide around a bit. These look the best and protect things well, but there are better options if grip is a priority.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sliver For This Useful Post:
Old 07-15-2022, 09:43 AM   #3593
Winsor_Pilates
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Thanks!This is exactly what I need.

You're not so bad after all!
I knew you had a soft spot for helping out BMW owners with gross dogs somewhere in that heart.
The Following User Says Thank You to Winsor_Pilates For This Useful Post:
Old 07-15-2022, 09:43 AM   #3594
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInFlames View Post
Holy ####! Let this set a trend please.
Scroopy Noopers is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Scroopy Noopers For This Useful Post:
Old 07-15-2022, 09:50 AM   #3595
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Thanks!This is exactly what I need.

You're not so bad after all!
I knew you had a soft spot for helping out BMW owners with gross dogs somewhere in that heart.
Haha. I do love BMWs, btw. The grill is a little tough to get used to, but overall they're absolutely sick and I'd happily drive that thing. You even bought it in my favourite colour...I'm a sucker for white.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sliver For This Useful Post:
Old 07-15-2022, 09:52 AM   #3596
Winsor_Pilates
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Haha. I do love BMWs, btw. The grill is a little tough to get used to, but overall they're absolutely sick and I'd happily drive that thing. You even bought it in my favourite colour...I'm a sucker for white.
I ordered the Canvas Back right away, thanks again!
The Following User Says Thank You to Winsor_Pilates For This Useful Post:
Old 07-15-2022, 09:56 AM   #3597
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by InglewoodFan View Post

Thanks for the tip.
Know what would be perfect for dog traction? Skidoo seat material. It's a vinyl and any fabric shop can get it. I'll bet these guys could, too, and then just use their templates to get you a perfect fit. It's pretty tacky (sticky; not cheesy) because guys wearing snowsuits don't want to slide around on their cold seats. I made a trunk liner in my car out of it and it's really great. I can set a box dead centre in my trunk, drive around like a lunatic, and it doesn't budge.
Old 07-15-2022, 09:58 AM   #3598
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
I ordered the Canvas Back right away, thanks again!
Awesome, you'll be so impressed. When I picked up my telluride I installed the liners right in the bay where we received the car before I drove it away. The parts manager came out and was taking photos and gushing over how awesome they looked. I think you'll be super happy.
Old 07-15-2022, 12:57 PM   #3599
Aarons13
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Afternoon all!

My partner and I picked up a 2021 CX5 turbo (highly recommend, especially in Soul Red) last year new, and we optioned the ceramic coating due to a reduced price. In retrospect, we paid too much for the coating, but here we are.... We've had the car recoated twice now, and sure enough, the water no longer beads. Today on a service appointment, their staff told my GF that the coat was still intact.

I do have some experience with detailing my own vehicle (beyond your standard Cdn Tire product offering ), however I'm not super familiar with ceramic products. I do have two questions here.

1. Does anyone here know what type of ceramic coat products a dealer would use?
2. Besides water beading, what other indicators would I have to show that the coat would still be present?

I'm trying to get a sense for the quality of product that might be used to then assess if Mazda is potentially just telling her its good cause they are lazy/not prepared to back up their lifetime recoat statement, or if maybe I'm just expecting too much from said product.

Thanks!
Aarons13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 02:35 PM   #3600
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
Alright, thanks. I'll give them a call. Can't hurt to ask, maybe there are other options.

My problem right now is that someone with a white vehicle at least somewhat taller than mine and parked in front of me apparently backed up, and the bottom of their bumper put a nice big, 2-foot-long scrape across the top of my bumper. Which could of course be fixed just by repainting the bumper, but it's not the only paint issue I have so I was considering just going "screw it, let's re-do the whole thing".
Cosmos Collision is an authorized Porsche shop. They are along the same lines as Maranello for quality and won't be cheap but chances are they will do the best work. Screamin Paintworks is hit and miss. I went to them with my old Mustang GT because of word of mouth and they did substandard work for me. They didn't even attach the rear bumper cover correctly which should be elementary (I removed it and re-attached it myself) and I had to go over all their paint myself to correct the swirls they left in it. They are nice guys but it's a small shop so if they are busy they will just pump your car out.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote