Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What are you buying?
Xbox One 66 15.46%
PS4 189 44.26%
Changed from Xbox One to PS4 8 1.87%
Changed from PS4 to Xbox One 6 1.41%
Getting both (eventually) 30 7.03%
Waiting for more info 60 14.05%
Not getting either 68 15.93%
Voters: 427. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-23-2013, 06:43 PM   #341
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemgear View Post
http://www.theverge.com/2013/8/20/46...one-pre-orders

'FIFA 14' bundled as a free digital download with European Xbox One pre-orders. A free copy of FIFA 14 will be included with all European pre-orders, while stocks last says Microsoft.

While all pre-order stocks last. Really, you're running out of legitimate criticisms if this is the level you have to stoop to.
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 06:50 PM   #342
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ahhh they mean system pre-orders lasting. I was wondering what the hell they meant with the digital copies of FIFA lasting, lol.
chemgear is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 06:56 PM   #343
trackercowe
Franchise Player

Exp:

Remember Titanfall is online only, so there is no single player portion for the game. That one won't be a day one purchase for me because of that.
trackercowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 07:09 PM   #344
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackercowe View Post
Remember Titanfall is online only, so there is no single player portion for the game. That one won't be a day one purchase for me because of that.
Impressions for it seem to be very high across the board. PC is probably going to be the best platform for it given the graphical potential. It come out the same day for Xbone and PC - rumored timed exclusive apparently and will be on everything after a year.

Last edited by chemgear; 08-23-2013 at 07:13 PM.
Old 08-23-2013, 10:37 PM   #345
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Not unexpected but no cross platform play for Titanfall (Xbone, 360 or PC).

http://www.videogamer.com/xboxone/ti..._confirms.html
Old 08-24-2013, 09:09 AM   #346
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Pfff, all modern consoles can do mouse/keyboard controls, we should totally get cross-platform play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Settle down there, Temple Grandin.
PsYcNeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 07:23 PM   #347
mdubz
First Line Centre

Exp:

Anyone know if we can still pre-order a PS4 to get on launch day, or is it too late?
mdubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 09:16 PM   #348
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubz View Post
Anyone know if we can still pre-order a PS4 to get on launch day, or is it too late?
It's labeled launch edition but if you really want it day one you may want to poke a physical store and get a preorder there.

http://www.amazon.ca/Sony-10032-Play...=playstation+4
Old 08-25-2013, 07:05 PM   #349
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsYcNeT View Post
Pfff, all modern consoles can do mouse/keyboard controls, we should totally get cross-platform play.
I would take a wild guess that the percentage of console users running keyboards and mice is in the low single digits.
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 07:08 PM   #350
StrykerSteve
Ass Handler

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubz View Post
Preordered mine off of Amazon last week, estimated delivery date is Tuesday, Nov. 19 with Priority Shipping selected.

StrykerSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to StrykerSteve For This Useful Post:
Old 08-25-2013, 08:56 PM   #351
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Perhaps a clarification/change on the free FIFA for Europe? Not sure why Microsoft would give the free game to countries they are launching in on time in 2013 but not the ones where they had to delay. Eurogamer could be wrong but what is with the messaging?

http://www.giantbomb.com/xbox-one/30...untri-1449818/

This is a great chance for MS to get the ball rolling in Europe but sadly the Tier 2 countries will not receive Fifa according to Neo-gaf.

Microsoft has previously gone out with the statement that a copy of FIFA 14 will accompany the console when it is released in November , but failed to specify whether this also applies launch here in Sweden next year. But now Microsoft has confirmed to us at Eurogamer that the offer is only valid for the 13 countries where Xbox One released this fall."
Old 08-26-2013, 12:31 PM   #352
Nage Waza
Offered up a bag of cans for a custom user title

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsYcNeT View Post
I am now using the 360 controller on my pc for pretty much all games. I have had thoughts of ditching my sweet gaming keyboard. If it was not for an injury to my right hand, I would use the thumbsticks from now on.

It took a while, but I am seriously more comfy with a controller than a keyboard.
Nage Waza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 02:30 PM   #353
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/08/26/ga...4-seven-games/

GameStop managers will receive PlayStation 4 units and seven games at launch, GameStop has confirmed to Joystiq. The announcement was made at the company's GameStop EXPO, currently taking place in Las Vegas.

A tipster informs us the games to be given with the console include: Killzone: Shadowfall, NBA 2K14, Madden, FIFA 14, Need for Speed: Rivals, Battlefield 4 and Beyond: Two Souls.
Old 08-26-2013, 02:37 PM   #354
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nage Waza View Post
I am now using the 360 controller on my pc for pretty much all games. I have had thoughts of ditching my sweet gaming keyboard. If it was not for an injury to my right hand, I would use the thumbsticks from now on.

It took a while, but I am seriously more comfy with a controller than a keyboard.
No lie, I use my 360 controller for all 3rd person and driving games, but controllers can goto hell when it comes to FPS or strategy games.

Which reminds me, I gotta get me one of those Saitek Joystick/Throttle combos for Star Citizen...

Quote:
Old 08-26-2013, 02:41 PM   #355
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
http://www.joystiq.com/2013/08/26/ga...4-seven-games/

GameStop managers will receive PlayStation 4 units and seven games at launch, GameStop has confirmed to Joystiq. The announcement was made at the company's GameStop EXPO, currently taking place in Las Vegas.

A tipster informs us the games to be given with the console include: Killzone: Shadowfall, NBA 2K14, Madden, FIFA 14, Need for Speed: Rivals, Battlefield 4 and Beyond: Two Souls.
That would mean Beyond: Two Souls is also being ported to PS4. Have to think that would have been announced already though.

Wonder if they make a surprise announcement that some of these late generation PS3 games will be available to play on PS4 as well.
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SuperMatt18 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-26-2013, 02:41 PM   #356
Mazrim
CP Gamemaster

Exp:

Quote:
Hah, the comments are exactly what I expected. I'm surprised this isn't an annual news thing. They get tons of nice freebies. It's about the only perk for an otherwise awful job.
Mazrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 02:44 PM   #357
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMatt18 View Post
That would mean Beyond: Two Souls is also being ported to PS4. Have to think that would have been announced already though.

Wonder if they make a surprise announcement that some of these late generation PS3 games will be available to play on PS4 as well.
Good catch. Glad I haven't pre-ordered it yet for PS3, will be watching Quantic Dream closely for a PS4 announcement.

Quote:
Old 08-26-2013, 03:33 PM   #358
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

You have to think cross development is easily possible considering all of these indie games they announced at Gamescom are being developed for PS3, PS4, and Vita.

Won't be surprised at all to see PS4 playable versions of GT6, Ratchet and Clank, etc.
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 03:34 PM   #359
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMatt18 View Post
You have to think cross development is easily possible considering all of these indie games they announced at Gamescom are being developed for PS3, PS4, and Vita.

Won't be surprised at all to see PS4 playable versions of GT6, Ratchet and Clank, etc.
I certainly hope so, because there's no way in hell I'm wasting my money on GTAV on 360 or PS3.

Quote:
The Following User Says Thank You to PsYcNeT For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2013, 06:37 AM   #360
Meelapo
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

If XBox One and PS4 games are developed at 60 FPS does that mean you have to turn on the cinemotion/enhanced motion/smoothness options on your TV or can one leave it at regular 24Hz mode?
Meelapo is offline   Reply With Quote