Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2018, 07:53 AM   #341
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny01 View Post
He flat out said at the STH meeting if a player like Tavares hits the market he would go after that player. He mentioned that the player would want to come here though.
Ok, I wasn't there to hear that. What I did see was him say they were not looking to spend big dollars in UFA. Maybe if we look at the two together that indicates he knows JT has no interest in coming here.
Old 06-20-2018, 07:55 AM   #342
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toonage View Post
Anyone listening to 960 right now? Kerr & Boomer discussing trade possibilities this weekend, spitballing, but Boomer saying he has heard the Flames covet Brady Tkachuk (not a surprise) but then they hint at Dougie moving to obtain the draft pick that could get Brady.

Obviously pure speculation, but not sure I'd like that.
I don't like it either unless something significant is coming with that pick. Even then I am not sure I like it.
Old 06-20-2018, 07:58 AM   #343
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
Ok, I wasn't there to hear that. What I did see was him say they were not looking to spend big dollars in UFA. Maybe if we look at the two together that indicates he knows JT has no interest in coming here.
I don't think they want to spend big money on aging wingers but I'm sure they'd be fine spending it on an elite #1 C in his prime.
Old 06-20-2018, 07:58 AM   #344
Toonage
Taking a while to get to 5000

Exp:

Quote:
I don't like it either unless something significant is coming with that pick. Even then I am not sure I like it.
And just to add, Boomer hinted that it would be Arizona's pick they'd go after as the Coyotes have Freddie there already.

Yeah, if Dougie moves I want a premier player back that not only helps immediately but isn't a roll of the dice. Also want a pick back. So if there were a deal to be made with Arizona for their 1st, I'd want more. But what?
Old 06-20-2018, 08:05 AM   #345
goflamesgo18
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
And just to add, Boomer hinted that it would be Arizona's pick they'd go after as the Coyotes have Freddie there already.

Yeah, if Dougie moves I want a premier player back that not only helps immediately but isn't a roll of the dice. Also want a pick back. So if there were a deal to be made with Arizona for their 1st, I'd want more. But what?
To ARZ: Hamilton, Klimchuk

To CGY: 1st, Hjalmarsson
Old 06-20-2018, 08:05 AM   #346
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Better be a young C or D with lots of upside if you're giving them Dougie.

Dvorak maybe involved? Huge chemistry with one Tkachuk obviously.
Old 06-20-2018, 08:08 AM   #347
Toonage

Exp:

Dvorak makes sense. Maybe the Coyotes and OEL have a sign and move agreement? Just seems that a player the caliber of Hamilton could get more (than just a pick)?

At least this gives us some intrigue for watching the first few picks of the draft, see where things land.
Old 06-20-2018, 08:09 AM   #348
IamNotKenKing
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Anyone listening to 960 right now? Kerr & Boomer discussing trade possibilities this weekend, spitballing, but Boomer saying he has heard the Flames covet Brady Tkachuk (not a surprise) but then they hint at Dougie moving to obtain the draft pick that could get Brady.

Obviously pure speculation, but not sure I'd like that.
I only heard part of it, but the part I heard was “the back end” is the obvious place for movement from the core, but no names were mentioned.
Did they speculate Dougie by name?
Old 06-20-2018, 08:11 AM   #349
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by goflamesgo18 View Post
To ARZ: Hamilton, Klimchuk

To CGY: 1st, Hjalmarsson
The one I came up with was Hamilton for 1st, Fischer.
Old 06-20-2018, 08:11 AM   #350
Toonage

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNotKenKing View Post
I only heard part of it, but the part I heard was “the back end” is the obvious place for movement from the core, but no names were mentioned.
Did they speculate Dougie by name?
Boomer hinted at it, Kerr didn't catch it so Pinder flat out said they have his brother Freddie.
The Following User Says Thank You to Toonage For This Useful Post:
Old 06-20-2018, 08:12 AM   #351
Drunk Uncle
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Exactly. I think if you trade Hamilton you need something significant back in the trade to help you next year. If you don't get that, you've essentially pushed the re-build back and are banking on whoever you pick becoming an elite/very good top-six player. This seems counter intuitive to how BT operates. You don't see him take many gambles.
Old 06-20-2018, 08:14 AM   #352
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

I can't see Tre making trades that make the team worse next season...all of these do
Old 06-20-2018, 08:16 AM   #353
Toonage

Exp:

As weird as it sounds I'll be relieved when Arizona makes their pick at #5 on Friday.

All pure speculation on Boomer's part, he said as much and said he didn't want to rumor monger but man. This one falls flat with me.
Old 06-20-2018, 08:17 AM   #354
goflamesgo18
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
I can't see Tre making trades that make the team worse next season...all of these do
Replacing hamilton with hjalmarsson is a downgrade but gives brodie an opportunity on the top pairig with gio again and could work out well. Plus you get to draft a guy like Tkachuk.

Also Valimaki, Andersson, Kylington are all close to ready.
The Following User Says Thank You to goflamesgo18 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-20-2018, 08:22 AM   #355
Nelson
First Line Centre

Exp:

It’s frustrating Doug Wilson was paid (cap dump and the better pick) to acquire the kind of player the Flames absolutely must have but can’t seem to get. It’s doubly frustrating he then flipped him for the other thing the Flames need: picks. If Doug Wilson now gets Tavares, that will suck!

Why can’t the Flames have nice things?

If Treliving narrows his focus on 1 top 6 winger and pays a huge price for him, I’m going to be sick.

Last edited by Nelson; 06-20-2018 at 08:25 AM.
Old 06-20-2018, 08:25 AM   #356
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

^Mike Hoffman is a nice thing?
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Jiri Hrdina For This Useful Post:
Old 06-20-2018, 08:34 AM   #357
Nelson
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiri Hrdina View Post
^Mike Hoffman is a nice thing?
Nice probably wasn’t the right word. But he’s a really good hockey player and I definitely wish the Flames traded for him.
Old 06-20-2018, 08:34 AM   #358
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

If the Flames trade Dougie Hamilton for Brady ####ing Tkachuk I might actually stop following this team for a while. Yiiiiiikes.

Old 06-20-2018, 08:36 AM   #359
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScorpion View Post
If the Flames trade Dougie Hamilton for Brady ####ing Tkachuk I might actually stop following this team for a while. Yiiiiiikes.
Yeah. He is only rated high because scouts only see the name on the back of his jersey. Stay away.

You don't even know what the trade would look like. Wait for something to actually happen before your knee jerk reactions.
The Following User Says Thank You to Buff For This Useful Post:
Old 06-20-2018, 08:41 AM   #360
Monahammer
Franchise Player

Exp:

5th overall+ dvorak+ Fischer or the coyotes can suck a lemon.

Dvorak and Fischer are interesting prospects but they're nothing special. Not first round picks and not showing too terribly much so far in the NHL. The 5th overall is a lottery ticket. Meanwhile dougie is an established top pair d. No way we make a trade for less than this.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Monahammer For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread